• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 Schools Rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LBA

Thank you very much BTS - for making me correct my post - I should proof read before I post. I agree the window is closed for Joeys 2nd VIII.

If I am wrong however - I promise to do a chicken dance !!

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
All Schools is listed on AAGPS website as for juniors only. Seniors will do Sydney club regatta at SIRC.

Recalling previous grumbles on this thread(including from me) about the woefulness of the AAGPS website I can report that it has been revamped. Probably only just brings it into the 20th century but at least it has moved on from the jurassic period.

GPS Observer

Herbert Moran (7)
Scots and Riverview first VIII still seem to be closing the time gap on the big two . Four seconds can be lost or found week to week from mishaps, lane draws etc etc. I think any of those four could win on the day. Definitely not all over yet.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
OK so I wasn't at Gold Cup yesterday and had to content myself with live results.

I know that being a tricky course it's not necessarily an indicator of likely HOTR results BUT.......

Shore appear to be closing on Joeys in 1st eight.

I agree with GPS Observer that it won't be fought between just two crews any more - Scots and View will at least be within striking distance. A welcome change to have others in the mix.

Shore will make ISIL work for it in the 2nd eight. Their Gold Cup win was an interesting turn of events and I suspect ISIL got a bit of a surprise. KT seemed to have a lot of time on his hands to chat up female coaches from other schools at State champs. Eyes in the boat, KT, eyes in the boat.

btw can someone enlighten me over the term "removed" ?? Been watching rowing for a few years and I don't remember seeing that before. DNS, DNF, DQ yes, but what is "removed"? and what was the situation? can't remember the crew or the race - eights I think but that word stuck out as odd.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Just looked - Joeys 2nd eight in the B final, embarrassing enough to begin with but then REMOVED.

Anyone who was down at the Lane Cove mudslide and saw the action, what happened?

oarsome

Allen Oxlade (6)
Apparently disqualified for swearing to each other when they won the race o, remember this is a gossip blog.

in the heat joeys were looking to hopefully place second until the 3 seats oar came out of his gate, they came last in the end. Not sure what happened on the finish line, but I did see some angry boys.

Armstrong

Stan Wickham (3)
OK so I wasn't at Gold Cup yesterday and had to content myself with live results.

I know that being a tricky course it's not necessarily an indicator of likely HOTR results BUT...

Shore appear to be closing on Joeys in 1st eight.

I agree with GPS Observer that it won't be fought between just two crews any more - Scots and View will at least be within striking distance. A welcome change to have others in the mix.

Shore will make ISIL work for it in the 2nd eight. Their Gold Cup win was an interesting turn of events and I suspect ISIL got a bit of a surprise. KT seemed to have a lot of time on his hands to chat up female coaches from other schools at State champs. Eyes in the boat, KT, eyes in the boat.

btw can someone enlighten me over the term "removed" ?? Been watching rowing for a few years and I don't remember seeing that before. DNS, DNF, DQ yes, but what is "removed"? and what was the situation? can't remember the crew or the race - eights I think but that word stuck out as odd.

Race 44
School 1st Four Heat Shore REMOVED FROM RESULTS (Crashed into another competitior at the start and disqualfied after results out, they appealed the decision and lost so dumped from A final.)

Race 57
School 2nd Eight B Final 1 St Josephs (REMOVED FROM RESULTS) The crew swore when crossing the finish line in first position in B final so disqualified for conduct unbecoming!

Armstrong

Stan Wickham (3)
in the heat joeys were looking to hopefully place second until the 3 seats oar came out of his gate, they came last in the end. Not sure what happened on the finish line, but I did see some angry boys.

It was the New boat that was coming second in this race and 3 seat lost an oar.

oarsome

Allen Oxlade (6)
Race 44
School 1st Four Heat 1 6.06 Shore
3 REMOVED FROM RESULTS (Crashed into another competitior at start and disqualfied after results out, they appealed the decision and lost so out of the final.)

Race 57
School 2nd Eight B Final 1

St Josephs ( REMOVED FROM RESULTS) The crew swore when crossing the finish line in first position in B final so disqualified for conduct unbecoming!

the shore crew took the corner incorrectly and were disqualified

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Mmmmm. I know Gold Cup has its cultish devotees but I will never understand it. The whole regatta I find deeply unpleasant from the shambolic foreshore set-up to the absurd lottery of lane draw and dog-leg.

So REMOVED is just anther word for disqualified. "Angry boys" - I have no doubt! I'm not a BRO but would be interested to know how common it is to be disqualified for swearing. Sounds like there must have been more to it than just a stray cuss.

Armstrong

Stan Wickham (3)

They came first in the B Final but then were removed from results, I was there and clearly saw them cross the line first

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Mmmmm. I know Gold Cup has its cultish devotees but I will never understand it. The whole regatta I find deeply unpleasant from the shambolic foreshore set-up to the absurd lottery of lane draw and dog-leg.

So REMOVED is just anther word for disqualified. "Angry boys" - I have no doubt! I'm not a BRO but would be interested to know how common it is to be disqualified for swearing. Sounds like there must have been more to it than just a stray cuss.

You left out the almost physical impossibility of getting a fair line at the start

Status
Not open for further replies.