• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 Schools Rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I have a screen shot of the offending post, it was a clear breach of privacy that identified a boy and a school and they were discussing a rowing schools decision they know nothing about except gossip.. Thankfully it was removed when I reported it.
Well, it has gone now. Let it go.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Stuff was deleted because it was rumour / hearsay / rubbish. Not because it was deemed a breach of privacy. Anyway, move on.

*Edit - I think we might be talking about different things, too.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
WTF? I missed the only scandal all season!
Perhaps we should all calm down about Pathways. It exists to assist students with a variety of needs ranging from the very gifted who wish to complete 16 HSC units including advanced units in Year 11; also those students with a substantial outside commitment in elite sport, the arts or even in paid work which might be essential to their family income. It's an unfair assumption that a kid must be dumb to do Pathways or that the school is manipulating the rules. Yes, back in the days when the oldest if us on this forum were in private school, there were always a few special cases of "Year 13" boys who got a few extra bites of the cherry particularly in Australian Schoolboys Rugby. These days Pathways exists to actually monitor students so that there is a legitimate reason for continued enrolment.

L

LBA

Don't worry behindtheshed I think I was in the middle of it and missed it as well.

Thank you for the definition of Pathways. Did you give me this before and I had an alzheimer's moment.

Anyway Rowing is a wonderful sport and I am pleased that my adoptive school won a significant amount of races at the AAGPS Regatta.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
To my knowledge Pathways has never come up on this thread. Realistically, very few students opt for Pathways, even fewer are from GPS schools and fewer still are rowers. the average 17-18 year old, no matter how much they love their school or their sport, is more than ready to graduate and enter the next phase of life - study, travel, work. It would be bloody difficult to persuade them to sign up for another year of uniforms and haircuts. And this is not a decision taken suddenly after the first week in March of year 12, but an actual "pathway" planned and executed from Year 10. For GPS rowing, I can guarantee it's a non-issue.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
AND, the said boy's parents have to agree to the relevant fees. Buggered if I'd put my hand in my pocket just for the glory of a rowing/rugby/cricket/basketball coach's vanity. Old Boy 'n' all as I was of my young bloke's school putting the cheque in the mail for the last fee invoice was one of the highlights of my life these last few years. Keeping him there was bloody difficult for his mother and I. I can't say more.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Old Boy 'n' all as I was of my young bloke's school putting the cheque in the mail for the last fee invoice was one of the highlights of my life these last few years. Keeping him there was bloody difficult for his mother and I. I can't say more.
I have seen many a bottle of champagne cracked over the last cheque/year 12 formal/end of year assembly or speech day. Indicates how many parents sacrifice a lot for the good of their children.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
If Shore don't win won't the coach who did this will look like a goose. Leave the crew as it is. Unless the 3's injured, of course.

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Geez, you guys from the North Shore take it real bad when you lose a race. Here comes years of conjecture and excuses because a crew that won all year and never lost, won the HOTR. Really, you're making it look bad for all the fair dinkum Shore supporters who have moved on and are now looking forward to next year.... My main gripe, however, is that this forum has generally been pretty boring this year and I missed the only contentious posts that revved things up!

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
To my knowledge Pathways has never come up on this thread. Realistically, very few students opt for Pathways, even fewer are from GPS schools and fewer still are rowers... And this is not a decision taken suddenly after the first week in March of year 12, but an actual "pathway" planned and executed from Year 10. For GPS rowing, I can guarantee it's a non-issue.
Agree, it's a lot of hoo-haa. So what if a student does it that way? It's established practice and legit. It's in no way like a certain rower from TKS in about 1984 or 85 who simply placed the boat back on the rack in the shed after winning and walked out! At least these guys do their HSC and sometimes actually get the marks they're aiming for!

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Geez, you guys from the North Shore take it real bad when you lose a race. Here comes years of conjecture and excuses because a crew that won all year and never lost, won the HOTR. Really, you're making it look bad for all the fair dinkum Shore supporters who have moved on and are now looking forward to next year.. My main gripe, however, is that this forum has generally been pretty boring this year and I missed the only contentious posts that revved things up!
Yep, the one moment of quasi-defamatory excitement was missed by me and most of the regulars. Will pay top $$$ for screen shot!!! (for those missing the irony gene, I am joking not conspiring to commit a crime, however white-collar.)

RowingChat

Frank Row (1)
Looking Back on the season, KT's effect is more than visible. The joeys 1st VII crew (mostly coached by KT in 2014) and the scots 2nd VII both had almost perfect seasons. I think we can all expect a rush of employment offers coming his way

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Offers??? You're a tad late. He's already signed to Scots, that's why he went there because they offered him a job (and probably one with holiday leave!) Unlike most pro coaches who do it on a pro rata salary.

RowingChat

Frank Row (1)
Im
Offers??? You're a tad late. He's already signed to Scots, that's why he went there because they offered him a job (and probably one with holiday leave!)

Im saying that chances are, after this season where his scots crew dominated the field, we can expect him to get more job offers from other clubs and schools

Status
Not open for further replies.