• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2015 Super XV Final Hurricanes v Highlanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
tumbleweed.gif

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Since when does DP conform to any sort of norm?

Glad you're one of us, me old mucker.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
DISMAL POLLOCK BANNED FOR SOME WEEKS
Duty Judicial Officer: Richard Head QC (Quade Cooper)
Player: Dismal Pollock
Team: Blues
Position: Sitting
Date of Incident: 28 June 2015
Nature of Offence: Law 10.4 (n) Misconduct while the ball is out of play.
A player, must not, while the ball is out of play, commit any misconduct, or obstruct or in any way interfere with an opponent.
Sanction: Penalty kick
Elapsed time in match when offence occurred: -144hrs (prior to the cake tin goes in the oven).

The SANZAR Duty Judicial Officer Richard Head QC (Quade Cooper) has informed Dismal Pollock that he will plead and be found guilty for contravening Law 10.4 (n) Misconduct while the ball is out of play following the Super Rugby match at the weekend.

Dismal has been suspended from all forms of the game for four weeks up to and including Saturday 24 October 2015.

The incident occurred in the pre-match between the Hurricanes and Highlanders due to be played in a cake tin (a square round type) on 4 July 2015.

SANZAR Duty Judicial Officer Richard Head QC (Quade Cooper) assessed the case.

In his finding, Dick ruled the following:

"As the Judicial Officer, I considered all the evidence before me including the video footage, Citing Commissioner's report, rumours, innuendo, my preconceived judgement, medical information (psychological) for Dismal, and the submissions made for the player by his legal representative, (himself), which I interpreted as an admission of guilt.

"The player, through his legal representative, denied having committed an offence in terms of Law 10.4 (n) Misconduct while the ball is out of play. The video footage, pictures and reports on GAGR and full and frank admission that no other teams with the exception of the Blues exist in New Zealand, nor does anyone “give a flying coutious “ in my view clearly shows that Dismal Pollock was lifted and dropped into the ground by Sir John Kerwin whilst that player’s feet were off the ground, with the result that the player’s excessive overreaction after multiple and repeatedly really shit performances by the Blues when compared to the local Auckland under 8’s, being the act that initially provoked him to commit the offence. This is dangerous play while the ball is out of play in contravention of the applicable Law.

“After taking further facts into consideration, such as the player’s unsuccessful attempt to hold on to any hope for the Blues this season, I found the incident to have a lower end entry point. A seven week suspension is indicated for such offending.

“The need for a deterrent in the circumstances of this incident is in my view served by imposing a further nineteen week’s suspension”.

"I added an additional six week for Dismal Pollocks recent offerings on the GAGR as an aggravating factor. He was suspended for three weeks for foul postings last Super Rugby season. I then addressed mitigating personal circumstances and the discount available for an admitted breach, not that there was any defence for his actions.

"Dismal Pollock, to his credit, did not seek to minimise his actions. He said he was deeply unashamed and that his actions, that “the Blues where shit, so is the coach, and the rest of you are all dead to me, and what we all doing next weekend?”, and “he stands for no one, thus why it his fucking red couch ready at the cow paddock so don’t mess up my ass dints”. He could only refer to his emotional and irrational response when frustrated at the Blues season, and he asked himself why he acted in such an extreme manner when the Girl Guides came selling cookies at the front door the other day”.

The player’s schedule is such that the Super Rugby Finals this weekend and he already got his red couch ready for the bake sale. Dismal is likely to be included in the Wallabies’ squad for the upcoming Rugby Championship with the first match to be played on 18 July 2015. As he won’t be required for the Final (like that going to ever happen being a Blues supporter!), Dismal would play on the internet and GAGR before leave the week thereafter when Rugby has a bye.

As a result, the player will have at least one rest week over the next five weeks during which no match is to be played. An eight-week suspension up to and including the match between some teams will therefore result in him missing one match.

The player is found to have contravened Law 10.4 (n) and is suspended for eighteen weeks up to and including Saturday, 4 July 2015.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ticket prices:
Platinum Covered: $75 adult, $30 child
Platinum Uncovered: $53 adult, $25 child
Silver: $53 adult, $25 child
Bronze: $35 adult, $20 child
Family area (2 adults, 2 children): $95 - limited to 2000 seats.

Fairly reasonable for a GF. 2,000 tickets already snapped up by WRFU members, GA sales from 4pm tomorrow, sure to be a sellout what with every second or third person you meet in Wellywood being from Dunners and/ or having gone to Otago Uni, Tech, Teacher' or Nurse's Training College.................

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The player is found to have contravened Law 10.4 (n) and is suspended for eighteen weeks up to and including Saturday, 4 July 2015.

18 fuckin' weeks!

wtf_zpscbdlxcmf.gif

Suspended for 18 weeks! WFT did I do?

Actually, it sounds like a fair cop.

Not that I have any recollection of my misdemeanor.

Maybe I should call my legal department.

homeless-bum-bird.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Time for the Canes and Clan faithful to step up and plead their case for the uncommitted to support their team.

Why should we bitter and twisted folk barrack for your mob in the upcoming Grand Final?

Submit your answers on why The Clan, or The Canes deserve to be temporarily adopted as "our team" for the Grand Final below in less than 200 words.

For mine, I'm very tempted to go for The Clan:
1. The Barracuda
2. The Zoo
3. The cajunas to run a nude Rugby "Test" in 10 degrees C.
4. No Politicians and few Public Servants in Otago
5. Central Otago Pinot Noir
6. Bluff Oysters
7. Queenstown

Wellington:
1. Awesome craft beer scene.
2. An airport that can compete with Queenstown's bungy jumping for thrills, excitement, and fear when landing.
3. Can drive to Hawkes Bay for Gimlett Gravels wines and Petanque.
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. ?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'm on the Clan, they've always been my favourite NZ Super Rugby franchise (I'd barrack for Hawkes Bay if they were in it, but they're not) and they play some terrific footy with a very unfashionable bunch of players. Good luck to them.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
While I would like the Clan to win, it is a massive task and I don't think they can do it. This Hurricanes team has been at another level all year and they deserve the title. Either way the game should be a cracker.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
The Highlanders also make sure to keep in touch with their student fanbase.
Rumour has it that A Smith has taken it upon himself to touch plenty of hsi female student fanbase.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ardie Savea had a scan on his knee today, no word on how bad the damage is, just that he'll be given until Thursday to prove his fitness, ditto Jane & Milner-Skudder (both with dodgy hammys).

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...a-time-to-prove-fitness-for-super-rugby-final

Tickets pretty much all gone, any members & corporate tickets not taken up will go on general sale Wednesday morning. Air NZ have laid on a 767 to get Clan fans to Wellwood Saturday morning & two A320's to get them home, one Sunday night & the other Monday morning.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/...ighlanders-tickets-sell-out-in-under-a-minute

Heart says go the Clan but I think this may be the proverbial bridge too far for them........................

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez HJ, reasons for the Canes
4. The only Super rugby Franchise that has a heartland union as a shareholder (The mighty Nua has shares)
5. Grandson who goes to Otago Uni, has stayed with me for a week and cost me a fortune, so I owed a few points from down that way
6. Even quicker drive to Martinborough for even more fine wines.

Bloody hell I struggling for No 7!!!!!!:mad:

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
in order

1 The Verlaines
2 The Clean
3 The Chills
4 Snapper
5 The Pin Group
6 The Great Unwashed
7 Straightjacket Fits

Status