• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2016 NSW JRU State Championships June 11th-13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Who was your source for that?

SJRU website. Albeit they did mention it would be posted today. Given they met with NSW schools yesterday "morning" may have been a presumption on my behalf.

"The SJRU U16 team will be announced in conjunction with the U16s Schools team and CJRU team by NSWRU on Wednesday 20th July."

Also NSWSRU only refers to selections being announced early this term....

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Given the delays in announcing the Sydney and NSW Schools squads, one can only assume that there may have been a few names appearing on both lists.

NSW Schools selectors must be going back to their notes for their plan B options

Here is the list of players that were participating in both selection trials. Apologies I only did Metro teams so happy for someone to look at the lists from Country

MNZ

Will Bremner CHS
Jordan Brown GPS
Tom Glascott GPS
Julian Heaven GPS
Nathanial Panozzo ISA
James Westbury CAS

MWZ

Aaron Cairns CCC
Dylan Glassie CCC
Liam Heka CCC
Musika Lotoanui CCC
Luke McDonald CCC
Connor Tunks CCC

MSZ

Kyle Devine ISA (withdrawn)
Said Halbouni CHS
Trivaan Omullane CHS
Richard Tahaafe CHS

Barbarians

Patrick Reynolds CHS
Kerei Ranganui CHS
Hayden Pomare CHS
Lote Taliaula CCC​

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Congratulations to all of the boys selected to play for Sydney at the 16s Championships.

Syd u16s 2016.png

The Horse Whisper

Bob McCowan (2)
The Schools team and Sydney team both look very competitive. I think the difference will be in the bench players and how their coaches use them.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Most years the game between Schools and Sydney is very competitive and this looks to be shaping up as a cracker. Does anyone know when the 16s invitational will be this year given Schools are touring NZ during the usual Invitationals early Oct time slot?

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
From GPS U16 thread

Given this is u16s and first year of school reps, what trends are there IS?​
With ISA equalling GPS with 9 boys gaining selection in the NSW U16 Schools team, it would indicate that Rugby is looking healthy in some ISA schools. GPS business as usual. CAS performed well.

What worries me is that only 1 boy from CHS (from 2 teams) secured selection, nil CCC or AICES. That does not bode well for the future growth of school based Rugby in the public, AICES or CCC system.

When you analyse the selections for Sydney U16s coming from Club land, things look a little better, 6 from GPS, 4 from CHS, 4 from CCC, 1 each from AICES and CAS. There are 7 who I don't know if they attend CCC, CHS or AICES affiliated schools. I am pretty sure they are not at GPS or CAS schools.

What I do know is that if it wasn't for Club Rugby, these boys from CCC or CHS would never have had the opportunity to gain selection for higher honours.

Given the changes announced to Junior Gold Cup, without a viable rep development pathway outside the school system this could get worse.

Sydney U16

Bremner CHS
Brown GPS
Cairns CCC
Darwall AICES
Devries CHS not selected to rep school assoc
Glascott GPS
Gunstone GPS
Hancock CHS not selected to rep school assoc
Heaven GPS
Heka CCC
Hickey ? Not selected to rep school assoc
Loto'aniu CCC
Mafi ? Not selected to rep school assoc
Manowski CCC
Minogue GPS not selected to rep school assoc
Paavola ? Not selected to rep school assoc
Peper GPS
Pomare CHS
Reimer CAS
Thompson ? Not selected to rep school assoc
Tiatia ? Not selected to rep school assoc
Tuifia ? Not selected to rep school assoc
Utaatu ? Not selected to rep school assoc

? 7
GPS 6
CHS 4
CCC 4
AICES 1
CAS 1

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Does anyone know when the 16s invitational will be this year

Weekend of 24 and 25 September.

Confirmed teams:

NSWJRU U15
Sydney U16
NSW Country U16
NSW Schools U16

Sydney defeated Country on the weekend in all 3 age groups:

U14s SJRU 34 CJRU 5
U15s SJRU 15 CJRU 13
U16s SJRU 19 CJRU 14

Great contests and particularly close in U15s and U16s.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Congratulations to the boys selected into NSWJRU U15s (attached). Being asked to step up against the U16 teams next month is a major challenge, but the boys will no doubt learn a lot through the experience and hopefully enjoy it as well.

It is interesting that this year 25 players have been selected when presumably only 23 can be on the game sheet. Anyone know what the plan is here?

Attachments

• NSWJRU-U15s-2016.pdf
    179.3 KB · Views: 339

Gilly

Herbert Moran (7)
^^^^^^ CnP Keep an eye out for John Connolly (he is a real goodun).. Surprised he hasn't come to Sydney as yet. Brother Ryan was starting hooker for CHS 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.