• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2016 Under-20 Rugby World Championships - Manchester UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Oh for the 6N U20s equivalent here.

What a tool to develop their players before the WR (World Rugby) U20s - and not least the training for these games.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Ireland 24 - 35 Wales
France 40 - 3 Italy
Scotland 24 - 3 England

Not caught anything of the first two, but got up to watch the SRUs stream of the last one. This is definitely one of the best age grade Scots squads in the professional era. England's kicker was good, and the power in the scrum on the 2nd shove was immense, but otherwise they were outplayed by us on both defence and attack. We've got forwards big enough to compete, and having 3 playmakers at 10, 13 and 15 lends itself to the expansive game.

Be prepared Joeys, the Jocks are coming! :p

Seymour Butz

Larry Dwyer (12)
U20s Six Nations starts tonight/tommorow morning (bloody timezones).

Ireland 24 - 35 Wales
France 40 - 3 Italy
Scotland 24 - 3 England

Not caught anything of the first two, but got up to watch the SRUs stream of the last one.

Can't see these U20 games on Foxtel or ESPN programming. Just the seniors six nations games seem to be televised.

@highlander, can you post details of the online links for watching these?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Ireland v Wales was covered by one of the Irish Broadcasters, haven't found an online outlet.

Don't know if France v Italy was covered at all.

As for the Jocks win:

Skip ahead about 10 minutes for the match itself.

T

TOCC

Reds U20's team for the curtain raiser to the Reds vs Crusaders trial, obviously missing a few players who are included in the Reds trial squad like Mack Mason and Maclean Jones.

Queensland Reds Under-20s
1. Franko Abdalla
2. Alex Mafi
3. Hamish Richardson
4. Masi Ganita
5. Connor Anderson
6. Tuaina Tualima
7. Liam Wright
8. Angus Scott-young
9. Harry Nucifora
10. Jake Strachan
11. Joey Fittock
12. Fred Dorrough (c)
13. Liam Jurd
14. Liam Roberts
15. Jaydn Ngamanu

16. Josh Taylor
17. Richie Asiata
18. James gall
19. Harry Hockings
20. Joel brown
21. Connor Moroney
22. Rhys Martin
23. Eli Pilz
24. Alex Horan
25. Tony Hunt
26. Dylan Riley
27. Sam Edwards
28. Liam McNamara

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good to see some names in the Reds U20s that many interstate "Trainspotters" wouldn't know.

Shows that there is some depth developing in the Colts programmes, and that bolters without a full schoolboy scrapbook do get a fair go.

Seymour Butz

Larry Dwyer (12)

SUNDAY, 7TH. FEBRUARYJohn Dwyer Oval, Burraneer11.00am Waratahs U20 v. NSW Country U20 v. Waratahs U19 (3 way)

8a07e885341c1c602d388b2a6e0584ab.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
RebelYell, any details on the players? Obviously can't read too much into the result itself, but could be relevant for player selection especially in terms of injury.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yup. The Tasmanians should play a colts team from one of the Melbourne clubs, not a Rebels side on the pathway to pro rugby.

It's equally pointless for the Rebels.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
RBS-6-Nations-Logo-Header.png

2016 Six Nations Under 20 Tournament Results and Schedule
http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/u20/under_20_6_nations_match_centre.php#dbud1G4Fio3AOcRV.97

Round 1 (5 Feb)
Ireland 24 def by Wales 35 (Match report)
Scotland 24 def England 6 (Match report)
France 40 def Italy 3 (Match report)

Games to come
Round 2 (12 Feb)
Wales v Scotland
Italy v England
France v Ireland

Round 3 (26,27 Feb)
England v Ireland
Italy v Scotland
Wales v France

Round 4 (11 Mar)
Ireland v Italy
England v Wales
Scotland v France

Round 5 (18 Mar)
France v England
Wales v Italy
Ireland v Scotland

Table (to date)
1. France P 1, W 1, D 0, L 0, PF 40, PA 3, PD 37, Pts 2
2. Scotland P 1, W 1, D 0, L 0, PF 24, PA 6, PD 18, Pts 2
3. Wales P 1, W 1, D 0, L 0, PF 35, PA 24, PD 11, Pts 2
4. Ireland P 1, W 0, D 0, L 1 PF 24, PA 35, PD -11, Pts 0
5. England P 1, W 0, D 0, L 1 PF 6, PA 24, PD -18, Pts 0
6. Italy P 1, W 0, D 0, L 1 PF 3, PA 40, PD -37, Pts 0

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/u20/under_20_6_nations_table.php#iGTkQjYIvFkqrLgQ.97

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
SUNDAY, 7TH. FEBRUARYJohn Dwyer Oval, Burraneer11.00am Waratahs U20 v. NSW Country U20 v. Waratahs U19 (3 way)
<snip>

Is that Jack McGregor with the crutches and the strapped knee on the right of the photo?

Any scores, team lists or other info from the games at Burraneer?

Monty Python

Ted Fahey (11)
^^^ Look, I saw most of the game time (not all- had to leave early), but theirs not a lot to report as far as I'm concerned. It was very scrappy all around. The country boys had only had their first team run the day prior, but the 20s and 19s certainly didn't outshine them. The city boys should have done better in my opinion, given their apparently months of preparation.

There were 3 x 40 minute halves, with a drinks break at the 20 minute mark. Like I said - it was hot, sweaty, slippery, rusty and scrappy. Lots of dropped ball. I didn't keep score. Roughly, the 20s were a bit better than the 19s who were a bit better than the Country lads. I think. Someone may like to correct me on that 'impression' I have of the scoring situation.

Im not willing to name names of those who played well, as I don't know enough of them
And not many did. I'm also not keen to name those who didn't, as I think pretty much everyone had a shocker. Nobody in any position really shone out, for mine. Looked like there were a lot of cobwebs to be cleared and I hope they aren't judging any of the players based on that hit out alone...

Other commentators who saw the whole day. Like to add anything...?

Uncle Joe

Herbert Moran (7)
The Brumbies u20s had a hit out against Gungahlin Eagles. They got up 5 tries to 4. I believe they are playing the rebels in a trial at Albury on the weekend. This will be a better measure of form than the game V Tasmania for the Vics.

Status
Not open for further replies.