• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 NSW JRU State Championships June 10th-12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
The NSWJRU website continues to be either a great hiding place for info about this Championship, or there's simply nothing there. A pity because this great event for junior rugby should be celebrated. Here's where I understand this year's events are being held...

U10 - North Narrabeen Reserve, Warriewood (16 July)
U11 - Koola Park, East Killara
U12 - Camden Rugby Club
U13 - Barden Ridge Playing Fields
U14 - Endeavour Park Orange
U15 - Narrabeen Academy of Sport
U16 - Narrabeen Academy of Sport
U17 - Narrabeen Academy of Sport

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
You trying to blow my cover?

As a teetotaller I'll leave that entirely up to you...

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The NSWJRU website continues to be either a great hiding place for info about this Championship, or there's simply nothing there. A pity because this great event for junior rugby should be celebrated. Here's where I understand this year's events are being held.

U10 - North Narrabeen Reserve, Warriewood (16 July)
U11 - Koola Park, East Killara
U12 - Camden Rugby Club
U13 - Barden Ridge Playing Fields
U14 - Endeavour Park Orange
U15 - Narrabeen Academy of Sport
U16 - Narrabeen Academy of Sport
U17 - Narrabeen Academy of Sport

Your right BAR, this is a great event for the kids. We have been the last 3 years (11,12 & 13's) and the final has been won by a different team each time. It's great that no one team dominates. I know my sons team are very excited to be heading to Orange....and if they play well enough, maybe bring home the chocolates.

Reactions: BAR

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
NSW Country has already selected their U16 and U17's Rep teams at their Country Champs. These teams along with the U14 and U15's will play at the annual City vs Country games in Bathurst on Aug 6th.

And both City and Country have already selected their U18's representative teams too. They will play each other and ACT schools in Queanbeyan on June 18th. Both SJRU and CJRU U18's teams then return to Hunters Hill to play AAGPS on Thursday 22nd June.

Then a NSWJRU U18’s team will be selected They play Victorian Schools on June 25th in Bulleen, Vic.

The NSWJRU U18’s will also have a clash against the Gen Blue U19’s squad in mid-July to allow the Gen Blue selectors to see the players in action for next year’s U19 and U20 NSW Gen Blue squads.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
The trip to Orange is a fantastic weekend away for the kids (and parents ;))

The Orange Emus do a wonderful job. Their roast pork rolls with crackling at the ground are worth seeking out!

Pubs in town are great and cook your own steaks at the Conobolas would be my strong tip.

As for the footy, in u14s, the boys get bigger, the smart coaches will manage the work load of all players and use their entire squad.

Country selectors usually announce their squads on the Monday. Sydney during the following week as possibles and probables.

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
Your right BAR, this is a great event for the kids. We have been the last 3 years (11,12 & 13's) and the final has been won by a different team each time. It's great that no one team dominates. I know my sons team are very excited to be heading to Orange..and if they play well enough, maybe bring home the chocolates.

See you in Orange!

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
Good turn out for the U14s in Orange this year with 15 teams to field. All teams are up for two matches on a very full day 1 of the program - can't wait! Draw attached. THE ATTACHED DRAW IS NO LONGER CURRENT.

Attachments

• U14s_2017_DRAW.pdf
    35 KB · Views: 652

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
To all you guys travelling over the mountains to the lovely Central West this long week end for the under 14s State Champs in Orange. Pack your woollies it could be cold and wet in gods country. May all the boys play like champions and get through injury free and enjoy the country hospitality.

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
To all you guys travelling over the mountains to the lovely Central West this long week end for the under 14s State Champs in Orange. Pack your woollies it could be cold and wet in gods country. May all the boys play like champions and get through injury free and enjoy the country hospitality.

Thanks CB. My crew is looking forward to the weekend, but not the cold.

Sad news to hear that the South Inland team has had to withdraw. It's unfortunate for the players who will miss this great event. I'm assuming injury might have lead to this but does anyone know why?

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
Southern Inland played trials against Central West and they seem to have good numbers across the age divisions at that time.

Word is keep an eye on the Victorian team could be a surprise packet and the Hunter boys won the country championships and have 8 or 9 in the country 14s side
Expecting all Sydney sides to be tough especially the finalists from last year Eastwood and Gordon.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Should be some ARU ref scholarship officials out there, I hear. Interest to hear how they go.

Central Best

Chris McKivat (8)
I believe they had a similar initiative at country champs in Nowra a couple of weeks ago, and while it still comes down to ones interpretation the referees were very good. Not much banter at all about the refs which is usually a good sign.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Does anyone know if team lists are available prior to the weekend? Can't find much on the net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BAR

Chris McKivat (8)
I have to agree with CB that Gordon and Eastwood should be contenders (obviously I have deer coloured glasses influencing part of that opinion). The mystery packet that is the Victorian team will need to be watched. From what I've seen, Hunter is a sound squad and the Manly team might perform well too.

Here's a couple of links to team lists. Scouted around for others but they appear well concealed...

Victorian team
https://melbournerebels.com/victorian-rugby/elite-pathways/u14s/

Gordon still has last year's U14s on their website
http://www.gordonjuniorrugby.com.au/teams/rep-xv-teams/under-14/

Eastwood team is here
http://eastwoodjuniorrugby.com.au/u14/

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
People who might be travelling to Narrabeen or Belrose (new venues for 15-17s) through Forestville please be aware that Warringah Rd at Forestway will be completely closed both ways from midnight Saturday until 5am Monday due to hospital roadworks.

Local diversions will be in place but the traffic may be hideous, allow extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.