• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 NSW JRU State Championships June 10th-12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
Easts couldn't put up a 13's 14's or 15's. WRT the 14's, not even a whisper about helping the boys who wanted to go to the state championships, get placed in another team. Apparently if your club doesn't field a side a boy can play for anyone! go figure. Many were capable!

Something is terribly wrong for them to have no representation in those age groups, and a lot of the 16's are all ring in's who will never be long term club players. I know of several Easts players who have left the club as a result.

With regard the whole State Championships concept. I think this is the absolute ground zero for Australian Rugby. No amount of investment in these junior ages is enough. Live streaming some of the finals, lots of media chatter...anything to raise profile. Attract the boys young and they get hooked. Sadly these are the years where we are losing the talent.

Congratulations to all the boys for participating and giving it your all. Also good luck to those boys fortunate enough to be selected in the Rep teams. Play your heart out!

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
WLF

Unfortunately I will be away this weekend to witness our boys clash, but my boy has instructions! Not that I think it will make much difference!!

Will see you around on the sideline at some stage.

Cheers
Bolivia

Bolivia

Herbert Moran (7)
SJRU U14s 2017

NAME

SURNAME

DISTRICT
Aaron​
Dimivitch​
Randwick​
Aiden​
Galloway​
Gordon​
Alex​
Simmons​
Manly​
Bohdi​
Chand​
Southern Districts​
Bohdi​
Ewings​
Southern Districts​
Cameron​
Stanford​
Eastwood​
Clement​
Haloholo​
Randwick​
Dion​
Yazdani​
Gordon​
Harrison​
Usher​
Eastwood​
Henry​
O’Donnell​
Northern Suburbs​
Hugh​
Bell​
Northern Suburbs​
Isaac​
Hooper​
Gordon​
Jack​
Bowen​
Northern Suburbs​
Jack​
Comesky​
Gordon​
Jamie​
Clarke​
Sydney Uni/West Harbour​
Joedi​
Vula​
Sydney Uni/West Harbour​
John​
McCaffery​
Northern Suburbs​
John​
Sagaga​
Eastwood​
Jono​
Taufa​
Manly​
Joseph​
Sua'ali'i​
Eastwood​
Kai​
Wilson​
Manly​
Klayton​
Thorn​
Randwick​
Lachlan​
Onslow​
Gordon​
Liam​
Dempsey​
Northern Suburbs​
Luke​
Tucker​
Gordon​
Matthew​
Butler​
Gordon​
Max​
Purcell​
Gordon​
Paddy​
Burns​
Eastwood​
Preston​
Schreiber​
Southern Districts​
Sam​
Jones​
Warringah​
Samuel​
Taber​
Eastwood​
Sasha​
Wilsenach​
Eastwood​
Sebastian​
Majarian​
Northern Suburbs​
Ted​
Wilson​
Manly​
Terrell​
Kalokalo​
Eastwood​
Tom​
Goddard​
Eastwood​
Turoa​
Williams​
Southern Districts​
William​
Johnston​
Eastwood​
William​
Lavaki​
Eastwood​

Coach & Manager:

NAME

SURNAME

CONTACT
Luke​
McCormack​

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
WLF

Unfortunately I will be away this weekend to witness our boys clash, but my boy has instructions! Not that I think it will make much difference!!

Will see you around on the sideline at some stage.

Cheers
Bolivia

A shame but we will cross paths somewhere.

Can't wait to tell you about the rep team selections, and your comments about Easts are spot on, unfortunately.

What chance the brook 1sts this week, think your boy will be a shining light, you may Spring a surprise!

P.S. Our 14s should have beaten Riverview 2 weeks ago, and View defeated joeys well.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Easts couldn't put up a 13's 14's or 15's. WRT the 14's, not even a whisper about helping the boys who wanted to go to the state championships, get placed in another team. Apparently if your club doesn't field a side a boy can play for anyone! go figure. Many were capable!

Something is terribly wrong for them to have no representation in those age groups, and a lot of the 16's are all ring in's who will never be long term club players. I know of several Easts players who have left the club as a result.

With regard the whole State Championships concept. I think this is the absolute ground zero for Australian Rugby. No amount of investment in these junior ages is enough. Live streaming some of the finals, lots of media chatter.anything to raise profile. Attract the boys young and they get hooked. Sadly these are the years where we are losing the talent.

Congratulations to all the boys for participating and giving it your all. Also good luck to those boys fortunate enough to be selected in the Rep teams. Play your heart out!

Yeah found that interesting given the lack of Easts teams in other age groups, but reakishly strong in the 16's

Last year when under 15's at a 7's tourament i over heard one of the parents saying kids are flown in from inter state - does that really happen?

On some of their face book pages they come from wide and far, how does that happen.

Those players were feaks,

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yea right, don't see much of a point to that

Since when have people been able to go from one rep team to another? I've read it a few times, never heard of it being a thing when I was playing state cup

Unfortunately this is the way of it in these troubling times. A couple of years ago it was actually SD who did it with some boys parachuted in from Easts/Scots during the Glengarry year (complete with dispensation to play despite not having played sufficient club games).

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah found that interesting given the lack of Easts teams in other age groups, but reakishly strong in the 16's

Last year when under 15's at a 7's tourament i over heard one of the parents saying kids are flown in from inter state - does that really happen?

On some of their face book pages they come from wide and far, how does that happen.

Those players were feaks,
Haven't heard about other states was told of hunter valley.
There's a bit a disconnect between east seniors, who sent out celebratory email, and the juniors who are embarrassed by what has gone on for quiet a few seasons in that cohort.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Haven't heard about other states was told of hunter valley.
There's a bit a disconnect between east seniors, who sent out celebratory email, and the juniors who are embarrassed by what has gone on for quiet a few seasons in that cohort.
Not sure if true or not, just overheard from South Aus.

Thought it was great that a number of Marlin first graders came down to cheer on the 16, and 17s.

With the first grade captain joining in the pre game huddle - great interaction.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Unfortunately this is the way of it in these troubling times. A couple of years ago it was actually SD who did it with some boys parachuted in from Easts/Scots during the Glengarry year (complete with dispensation to play despite not having played sufficient club games).

That's a real shit go

Southern doesn't need to do that. I know Sylvania and to a lesser extent Menai are being more proactive in their juniors but the region is so big and has the talent within it to be a top 4 team in every age group every year. they rely too heavily on one or two teams per year group and make zero effort to getting a link with endeavour sports high going which could be extremely beneficial

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Not sure if true or not, just overheard from South Aus.

Thought it was great that a number of Marlin first graders came down to cheer on the 16, and 17s.

With the first grade captain joining in the pre game huddle - great interaction.
Wouldn't surprise me.
Easts generally don't manage to field teams once the kids get to high school so the ring ins don't deny others a place.
However, rugby would be better served in the long run if the few easts boys wanting to play played in the remote comp - hunter valley or whatever - and contributed to the health of the game there.
Of course, as usual, it's not actually about the state of the game it's about fulfilling one parent's rugby inadequacy.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
Wouldn't surprise me.
Easts generally don't manage to field teams once the kids get to high school so the ring ins don't deny others a place.
However, rugby would be better served in the long run if the few easts boys wanting to play played in the remote comp - hunter valley or whatever - and contributed to the health of the game there.
Of course, as usual, it's not actually about the state of the game it's about fulfilling one parent's rugby inadequacy.

Inside,

I think the closer answer is at the arch enemy, Randwick Juniors, about 10 boys from Waverley joined this year, and the 14s were able to send a team to Orange, and they won 3/5 games, and 1 of those losses was to Eastwood, clearly the best team in the comp.

As Junior rugby weakens, I think we need to get over the local issues such as never playing for Randwick or Easts or vica versa.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Inside,

I think the closer answer is at the arch enemy, Randwick Juniors, about 10 boys from Waverley joined this year, and the 14s were able to send a team to Orange, and they won 3/5 games, and 1 of those losses was to Eastwood, clearly the best team in the comp.

As Junior rugby weakens, I think we need to get over the local issues such as never playing for Randwick or Easts or vica versa.
No issues - in juniors - for me with that.
Good on the wicks if they can get what sounds like almost a whole team from WAVERLEY - always been a strong connection there and both groups benefit.
Randwick get knocked around by the junior bunnies in terms of holding onto their players, whereas easts are threatened more by playboy bunnies in the high school years.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Yeah intersting this.
Is it about school, club, or game.

Gee 25 plus years ago
- come zone time we could play 8 games in a week.
- 2 games and 3 training sessions made up most weeks.
- yeah and rugby was played in the public high schools.
Now teams are made up of 4 coaches, multiple managers, and a all sorts of other personalities as well.

Whilst the Easts side has rightly raised questions, they played good rugby, and are playing our code and not another.
Let's hope they stay in our code.

With effort Manly fielded their first 17s team in 4 years, and insperationally coached by Marlin Firstgrader Kotoni Ale - all boys were local, and they played some good rugby.

Getting boys back in the game.

WLF

Arch Winning (36)
No issues - in juniors - for me with that.
Good on the wicks if they can get what sounds like almost a whole team from WAVERLEY - always been a strong connection there and both groups benefit.
Randwick get knocked around by the junior bunnies in terms of holding onto their players, whereas easts are threatened more by playboy bunnies in the high school years.

You are a funny Bastar..

In fact Waverley had fairly the same number of boys at Easts and Randwick in this age group, all school mates and played together for the school, but against each other at club level.

Given that the Easts team was weakening, the boys all spoke together at school and decided to all play together, who would have thought 13/14 year olds had that co-ordination skill!

Normally they just don't talk.

Needless to say by playing together from this age,at school and club, until they reach the opens, I think you will find this team will be fairly strong in the 1st XV.

And that my friend is 1 of the reasons why this years Waverley 1st XV are strong, same history!

Easts do need to review a few things, and as long as our 13/14s aren't interested in playboy bunnies, many of us will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.