• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2017 Schools Rowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
IMG_7067.JPG

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
I notice Newington making a big push in giving their boys racing experience over the summer. They've been present at a number of regattas throughout the holidays and entered various boat classes. Today's Small Boats outing saw them out there again.

Names from long lists for State squads featured also. U21 SUBC pair smoked their crewmates from the Four at junior Worlds today. UTS continues to present plenty of depth in the women's events. I reckon the talent coming through the powerhouse GPS schools plus the existing crop of elite rowers will make the next four years exciting times for NSW.

Coxxy

Frank Row (1)
Heard rumours that KT is back at another GPS school coaching, if this is true looking forward to his shenanigans!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joeyourboat

Frank Row (1)
Newington rowing at the ANU Boat club regatta down in Canberra this weekend.
Times for the eights are 5:42 and 6:08 over 1800m. They convert to around 6:20 and 6:48 over 2000m must be a strong headwind or they are just rowing crap.

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
Newington rowing at the ANU Boat club regatta down in Canberra this weekend.
Times for the eights are 5:42 and 6:08 over 1800m. They convert to around 6:20 and 6:48 over 2000m must be a strong headwind or they are just rowing crap.
So you add 40 sec to cover the extra 200m? Seems a bit harsh. I thought a racing eight was faster than that

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Joeyourboat

Frank Row (1)
The average speed of the 1st 8 during the race was about 5.25 m/s
5.25m/s x 38s = 199.5m
Don't think adding the correct estimate on is harsh when it makes sense mathematically

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
The average speed of the 1st 8 during the race was about 5.25 m/s
5.25m/s x 38s = 199.5m
Don't think adding the correct estimate on is harsh when it makes sense mathematically
Fair enough. Maths was never my strong point
Maybe conditions were difficult or maybe new are off the pace.

Harry Cambell

Frank Row (1)
Saw the Shore Eight training the other day and the don't look as good as they have in previous winning years will be interesting to see if other schools such as Joeys, Scots, Kings and Riverview will be able to give them a good shake up at State Championships next weekend ...

rowbuddy

Frank Nicholson (4)
What I found more interesting is that New spends so much time in singles, doubles and in Canberra they rowed fours as well as the eight. You would think that most will focus on the big boat only, to get it right. I guess it's the Kinross influence, a different approach and interested what it does. Individually they are strong...

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
What I found more interesting is that New spends so much time in singles, doubles and in Canberra they rowed fours as well as the eight. You would think that most will focus on the big boat only, to get it right. I guess it's the Kinross influence, a different approach and interested what it does. Individually they are strong.

Can't wait to see how that KW method plays out. Especially in the extremely structured GPS comp where you can't cherry-pick your events and divisions.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
By "back" do you mean his post pre-Scots?

If KT is going for the GPS grand slam then he's worked at Scots, SJC, Shore (though not coaching I don't think, more of a boarding-house roustabout) so he still has a few to complete.

Does anyone know where he's washed up this season, or should we just listen for the traditional boat park kaboom this weekend?

coxedpair

Frank Row (1)
If KT is going for the GPS grand slam then he's worked at Scots, SJC, Shore (though not coaching I don't think, more of a boarding-house roustabout) so he still has a few to complete.

Does anyone know where he's washed up this season, or should we just listen for the traditional boat park kaboom this weekend?

Rumour has it he's moved to Newington as either a IV or Junior VIII coach, must be desperate for work.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think they are being realistic about the weather. Surely we are currently somewhere between a Level 3 and a Level 4 Heat Alert?

bigmac

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think they are being realistic about the weather. Surely we are currently somewhere between a Level 3 and a Level 4 Heat Alert?
Might the event organisers pull the plug if weather gets above 40 which seems likely?

Status
Not open for further replies.