• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 Super Rugby Semi Final - Lions vs Waratahs - Saturday 28 July @11.05pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs won't be making that sort of comeback again this week. The extra challenge of being away from home, at altitude and after a long flight will make this a huge challenge.

Waiting to hear which players traveled with the squad. It sounds like Hooper is still unlikely although hopefully he travels and is a shot of playing.

You'd have to think Michael Wells is in significant doubt. As could be Rob Simmons after his head knock.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
You would think it would be a bridge too far against the Lions this week, though stranger things have happened. Like torching the Highlanders in 10 minutes of breathtaking footy after being belted for the entire game leading up to that period of play.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It was a good big side beating a good little side last time round, I don't see that changing

They will smash us up the middle, we will compress our defense and they will then hit us on the edges.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Definitely no Hooper this week. He didn't travel.

Simmons passed his concussion test already and Michael Wells is in the Concussion return to play protocol but apparently feeling good so far.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Hmmm tough pick this week.. Tahs are either going to get given a bath or win by 5.. Im backing Tahs by 5.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Hmmm tough pick this week.. Tahs are either going to get given a bath or win by 5.. Im backing Tahs by 5.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Wish I could believe you. I am sorry to say that the Tahs will either get a bath, or a shower at best.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It was a good big side beating a good little side last time round, I don't see that changing

They will smash us up the middle, we will compress our defense and they will then hit us on the edges.
If Latu doesn't start i will be somewhat irked. Can't leave all the hard work up to Kepu alone.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Hopefully the Tahs start a lot better than last week and keep it going.

The Lions hooker sounds dangerous so maybe the reports on Latu starting would seem to be a good move by Gibson.

Bit concerned by the Tahs up front but they struggled through OK, so far this season.

Tahs by 7

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ Lions belted the Jags pack in the QF & I suspect they're a fair bit bigger than the eight the 'tahs will put out. And, yeah, Marx is probably the best hooker & second-best forward (behind Lurch) in the comp if not the world right now. Lions by ~10.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
^^^^^^^^ Lions belted the Jags pack in the QF & I suspect they're a fair bit bigger than the eight the 'tahs will put out. And, yeah, Marx is probably the best hooker & second-best forward (behind Lurch) in the comp if not the world right now. Lions by ~10.
He's pretty good at pilfering without releasing and not getting pinged, that's for sure. Did it three times in a row against the Jags, in his own 22. Another ref and hes off for 10.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He's pretty good at pilfering without releasing and not getting pinged, that's for sure. Did it three times in a row against the Jags, in his own 22. Another ref and hes off for 10.

Not sure Jacko would have the bottle to do it though. Perhaps not the ballsiest ref going around.
And no, Dan54, I'm blaming him for anything, he's more the "preliminary pre-warning about considering a formal suggestion of warning of my intention to look more closely at what you are doing" type ref.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not sure Jacko would have the bottle to do it though. Perhaps not the ballsiest ref going around.
And no, Dan54, I'm blaming him for anything, he's more the "preliminary pre-warning about considering a formal suggestion of warning of my intention to look more closely at what you are doing" type ref.

:D

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
With or without Peyper's help, if the Canes beat the Cru (unlikely) there will be a hell of a stink about the conference system again pitting the deserving grand finalists against each other in a semi when all and sundry can see that two teams of substandard players are matched against each other in the other semi.

While I have a lot of sympathy for the view that the whole conference system is broken, I don't expect the Canes to do the dirty on the Saders this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.