• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 SYDNEY COLTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Sydney Uni had some rep juniors this year.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Sure - but if they're not at least nominally in bed with some juniors where do they get their rep players from?? They have had rep juniors in the past but presumably its easier to wait until they're ready to leave school promise them the world and then have them on the bench because they can't get them in under their points cap. At least Randwick have some junior clubs.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sure - but if they're not at least nominally in bed with some juniors where do they get their rep players from?? They have had rep juniors in the past but presumably its easier to wait until they're ready to leave school promise them the world and then have them on the bench because they can't get them in under their points cap. At least Randwick have some junior clubs.

Join our newsletter

JUNIOR RUGBY

SUFC Juniors is one of the 12 Junior Rugby Districts in the Sydney metropolitan area. We currently have three affiliated Junior Village Clubs in Canterbury, Petersham and Balmain who provide the opportunity for young players to learn and play rugby from age 5 to 17 years. Both girls and boys are welcome.

[https://www]

Sydney Uni Juniors 2014/15 Development Program

Sydney University Juniors enter representative teams at the NSW State Junior Championships held in June each year. These are for ages 10 through to 17 and are very competitively contested by the Sydney District teams, 2 combined NSW Country teams and often Victoria and ACT selections. In 2014 SUFC were represented in the NSW State Championships by teams in U10's, U11's and U12's age groups.

In 2014/15, SUFC Juniors held their first Development Program camp. With approximately 100 registered participants for ages U10 to U14, the program was designed to upskill players as well as their coaches and to talent identify players with the potential for selection of representative players in the upcoming State Championships. A highly successful program, it is planned to be rolled over into the next season as well. Please contact Ivan Pomare (SUFC Juniors Development Officer) for more information (0450 625 557).

If you want the opportunity to represent SUFC at the junior ranks you will need to register and play with either of our affiliated junior clubs.

Canterbury Juniors - Paul Dagarin (President) pauldagarin@hotmail.com

Petersham Juniors - Adam Dunn (President) Dunnstars@gmail.com

Balmain Juniors - Matt Percell (President) balmainjuniorrugby@gmail.com

Sydney University Juniors - Fergus Duncan (President) fduncan@tullettprebon.com.au

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
I'll defend the coach here, as what gets said vs what gets heard and then said to dad, who puts it down on here, can translate into a complete mess. People prepared to jump straight to the young blokes side could misinformed at best. This was a discussion between a player and a coach. In the real world, not schoolboys.
There seems to be recurring theme here though.
Player doesn't like what he hears, speaks with dad, saying what he heard.
Dad fires up and embellishes with a little bit more salt.
Everyone else jumps on daddy bandwagon.
Kid goes to new club and does just the same thing as last year and disappears into the fog and mist.
Everyone forgets story.

Peter FitzSimons, whom I am loathe to quote, said of his tryouts for higher honours was told by Dave Brockhoff "I don't blame you son, I blame the people that sent you here "
Is that something wrong to say @donethat?

Well I don't think you have to be Diogenes ,to consider the possibility that there may be more to the story than that as told by tooldtoplay.He doesn't seem to be the boys father , so maybe he considered that also. Or maybe ,heaven forbid , he knows it to be essentially true . And why will the boy disappear into the fog & mist at another club? His efforts & intent to succeed, demonstrated by travelling to England & being invited into an academy ,don't suggest that to me , but maybe you think that's an embellishment also? Like you, I don't know the "true story", but I don't have any reason to assume that tooldtoplay isn't telling the truth. Your comparison of David Brockhoff, who coached at state & international level , to a third grade colts coach , with respect to the latter , is a bit of a stretch don't you think ?

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
Well I don't think you have to be Diogenes ,to consider the possibility that there may be more to the story than that as told by tooldtoplay.He doesn't seem to be the boys father , so maybe he considered that also. Or maybe ,heaven forbid , he knows it to be essentially true . And why will the boy disappear into the fog & mist at another club? His efforts & intent to succeed, demonstrated by travelling to England & being invited into an academy ,don't suggest that to me , but maybe you think that's an embellishment also? Like you, I don't know the "true story", but I don't have any reason to assume that tooldtoplay isn't telling the truth. Your comparison of David Brockhoff, who coached at state & international level , to a third grade colts coach , with respect to the latter , is a bit of a stretch don't you think ?
No

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Think the coach has been misinterpreted. Probably was meaning for the young man to concentrate on studies or a paying career outside of Rugby.

Which is the same advice I give my bloke and I would give any player no matter how good.

Don't think any coach tells a player to give up the game. There is always a spot in a team somewhere for a willing able bodied player. Including my 53 year old self in an oldies side.

Anyway enough of this discussion. So we know of 1 movement between clubs. Any other mail?

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Hearing norths have none of the coaching staff from 2017 for next season..can anyone confirm?

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Hearing norths have none of the coaching staff from 2017 for next season..can anyone confirm?
As i understand it all the colts coaches from 2017 are returning except for 1 assistant coach. I have no idea in what capacity their 2018 roles are though.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
As i understand it all the colts coaches from 2017 are returning except for 1 assistant coach. I have no idea in what capacity their 2018 roles are though.
Hearing all 2017 coaches have moved on..will be interesting to see how preseason goes

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Has been confirmed all norths coaches from 2017 have moved on..shame as the program and results have been excellent over the past 5 seasons under the core program coaches..interested to see how the new coaching staff go..and player movements now

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Has been confirmed all norths coaches from 2017 have moved on..shame as the program and results have been excellent over the past 5 seasons under the core program coaches..interested to see how the new coaching staff go..and player movements now

Not quite all gone.... 3rd Grade Colts coach has returned to Norths colts and will do 3rd grade colts again... 2nd grade colts coach has moved to Grade (3rd) at Norths still.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Don’t be too sure.
A 2 week tournament sounds a lot like the schools process - which is ok for what it is but it has no intention of or role in producing pro players. The u20s supposedly does perform that role.
A much better solution would be to run u20s NRC teams in the shadows of the NRC over many weeks with each team playing each other team.
We never look for the better solution though.

Status
Not open for further replies.