• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 SYDNEY COLTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
According to twitter, Uni got beaten in 1st and 3rds and won 2nds vs Easts. Don't know the scores.

Easts showed some good form to get 2 teams in the final last year, looks like they will be very competitive again in 2018.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
I assume Southern must have played Penrith.

Any surprises from that outing?

Southern Districts didn’t play Penrith, we went To Campbelltown with 1st Colts and 1st grade playing the respective Illawarra rep teams and rest of the Colts and Grade playing other Illawarra club sides
Great days rugby and Campbelltown Rugby did a great job hosting the day.
The concept of the day is something Souths want to continue
Last year it got rained out and this year it was stinking hot.
This week Souths are playing Wests at Rockdale

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Southern Districts .... went To Campbelltown with 1st Colts and 1st grade playing the respective Illawarra rep teams and rest of the Colts and Grade playing other Illawarra club sides
Great days rugby and Campbelltown Rugby did a great job hosting the day.
Good move by Souths.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Interesting to see 2016 NSW players Blaise Barnes & Matt Orpen running around in 3rd colts today for Randwick..

And depth must be fantastic considering they almost ran 2 separate 1st colts backlines in each half. & names like Pellegrini, Narayan, Size, Searle either played grade or nothing. Scary!

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Interesting to see 2016 NSW players Blaise Barnes & Matt Orpen running around in 3rd colts today for Randwick..

And depth must be fantastic considering they almost ran 2 separate 1st colts backlines in each half. & names like Pellegrini, Narayan, Size, Searle either played grade or nothing. Scary!

Blaise is coming back from a long set of injury’s and a year away in league(Parramatta I believe).

Despite being a YouTube sensation, he hasn’t gotten any taller!

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Uni Twitter saying wins for Uni for all 3 grades of colts. Vs Eastwood.

No mention of the margins.

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
Souths played Wests at Rockdale
Souths won 1sts colts about 8 tried to 4
Souths won 2nd Colts about 6 tries to 3
Wests won 3rd colts about 7 tries to 3
1st colts was a bit scrappy with Souths scoring some very good Rugby tries but not putting in a constant effort in defence.
Souths set pieces very good and some good attack of the back of these.
Wests looked a bit fitter than usual for this time of the year but lack a bit of overall size except for a couple of big units.

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Reading the summaries of preseason trial form, the year ahead may not be the same “lay down misere” we saw in 2017. Fingers crossed for a season full of close fought games and a narrowing of the gap between the “recruitment factories” and the organically (relatively) grown teams.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
Attn - all under 18 eligible players in Premiership colts

New South Wales Juniors Rep program for 2018 has been expanded - Now a full and meaningful Rep program for the junior club rugby players of NSW that are playing juniors or colts.

NSW Country / Sydney U18 Rep Program

•Sydney Opens (U18) Rep Trials (22nd April, 4.00pm, Blackman Oval, Lane Cove)
•NSW Country Opens (U18) Championships (5th-6th May, Ourimbah)
•Sydney U18 v NSW Country U18 (11th June, Concord Oval, Concord)
•Sydney U18 v Combined High Schools U18 (17th June, Warnervale, Central Coast)
•NSW Country U18 v Combined High Schools U18 (17th June, Warnervale, Central Coast)

From here a NSWJRU I and NSWJRU II team will be selected for the next two games.
*Note - players that may have missed out on the Sydney/NSW Country U18s yet compete in the Opens at the NSWJRU State Championships are still eligible for selection into one of the NSWJRU teams.

NSWJRU U18 Rep Program
•NSWJRU I v ACT U18s (24th June, ACT venue)
•NSWJRU II v ACT U17s (24th June, ACT venue)
•NSWJRU I U18 v GPS III Blue (28th June, Boronia Park Hunters Hill)
•NSWJRU II U18 v GPS III White (28th June, Boronia Park Hunters Hill)

From here a final NSWJRU I will be selected and it will compete in the Rugby Au U18 Division 2 Nationals on the Gold Coast. Schedule for these games are

Div 2 Nationals
•Sunday 8th July - Game Day 1
•Tuesday 10th July - Game Day 2
•Thursday 12th July - Game Day 3

Status
Not open for further replies.