• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Plus would be cheaper ground rental costs equals more profit..plus how much better does it look on TV to see a full ground..

And fits in better where the game is strongest in the city. Which means we'll see more people turnout. I'm sure Manly wouldn't mind another tenant as it would help push the case for some upgrades. And it did look a damn sight better on TV. Even with the shit house result.

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
so anyone know how much the tickets to Brookvale cost? and how does that impact Tahs revenues v the tickets at the stadium? Did the season tickets cost the same as last year? despite not having shelter or a seat? That's really what I'm interested in

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Adult hill tickets were 35 bucks.
The limitation from my perspective is the corporate facilities. Very poor. But a great turnout with a lot of punters attending who dont watch games at allianz.

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Yes season tix the same. Would imagine there was some compo from the scg trust from making the tahs move.

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
and from the Outsiders this morning they have suggested that the move to Brookvale was due to NSWTahs not being able to book the Sydney Football Stadium as the soccer had the prior booking - really? How does that happen?

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
and from the Outsiders this morning they have suggested that the move to Brookvale was due to NSWTahs not being able to book the Sydney Football Stadium as the soccer had the prior booking - really? How does that happen?

It was so that they wouldn't conflict with the assumed A-League Grand Final that never came.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

After last year when Sydney FC hosted the grand final the day after it had been used by the Waratahs (and on the non-preferred timeslot of Sunday evening) and the ground was in a fairly average condition if was agreed that teams could book out the venue in advance of a similar thing happening in the future. As Sydney FC were minor premiers and red hot favourites in their semi final it was pretty likely that they would get to host the grand final. Obviously they crashed out so no game eventuated but the Waratahs game had already been scheduled for Brookvale.

Likewise in 2014 and 2015 when the Waratahs hosted Super Rugby finals matches they got precedence over the NRL even though they obviously hadn't booked the ground for those matches at the start of the season.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Hi All

Not saying that I have moved on from the game yet, that loss was hard to take however I can finally bring myself to write something about the game.

My thoughts:

The good

- Great crowd, not quite a sell out, probably a lot of people that don't usually go to the SFS, in fact I had a couple of mates who don't really follow rugby there. Lots of kid and people being positive in general which was great to see, so much bad stuff is being written about rugby these days that it was good to be around a positive vibe (At least from where I was)

- Good game to watch, it was difficult to gauge the quality of the game from where I was sitting but it was definitely exciting to watch. Both teams put on a great effort AND yes I know both teams are very limited. The result it's probably a good indication of where the Tahs are at the moment.

The bad

- Sitting at the bottom of The Hill had it's problems, people kept walking in front of you and I did not really get to watch much of the first ten minutes, a few people where complaining also as even the cops and security kept walking in front of you. I get the appeal but personally I would not sit there again.

- Facilities crap, lines where too long and we all know this stadium needs an upgrade, even leaving the stadium was a bit difficult. This place is definitely outdated IMO

- Probably could do with another big screen somewhere

The result

That one really hurt, I am not going to pick on anybody's performance but I will say that better brains are needed and quickly! The Blues were never going to give anything away and in fact I was really worried that they were going to turn up for this one. Although they did enough to win it the Tahs certainly did enough to lose that game.

The Tahs forwards are all the same, every player is cut by the same scissors, bad recruitment in my opinion. We really needed a Palu or a Skelton on Saturday, this high tempo 50/50 passes is great but really predictable, also it would have been great to see Mac mason there for a few minutes at the end.

Anyway good crowd, good game, shit result.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I was flabbergasted when I saw the teamsheet. Will Miller at 6? He is a lightweight, maybe okay as a bench option at 7, but 6? Against a big tough pack?

Wells at 8 is not much better. Yep, it would have been nice to have a bit more beef in these two positions. Would it have made the difference? Maybe.

I do not rate Holloway, but surely he should have started at 8, Wells could have started at 6.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
No ratings in the top 20 lists for the Force game (so less than 30k), or Tahs game (less than 69k).

With the channel split we are pretty unlikely to get anything on FTA for any force game this year I'd say.

Saturday was a pretty massive day for sporting TV!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
After last year when Sydney FC hosted the grand final the day after it had been used by the Waratahs (and on the non-preferred timeslot of Sunday evening) and the ground was in a fairly average condition if was agreed that teams could book out the venue in advance of a similar thing happening in the future. As Sydney FC were minor premiers and red hot favourites in their semi final it was pretty likely that they would get to host the grand final. Obviously they crashed out so no game eventuated but the Waratahs game had already been scheduled for Brookvale.

Likewise in 2014 and 2015 when the Waratahs hosted Super Rugby finals matches they got precedence over the NRL even though they obviously hadn't booked the ground for those matches at the start of the season.
if the Blues win, you, the losing poster, must shoehorn a compliment to Isaia Toeava into EVERY post you make for 1 week.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Yep, very easy to defend against and again you cannot fault their commitment but when they where camped on the Blues line it became really obvious that they were not going to get through.

Holloway is a mystery, with his size he should be much better. I don't watch much of the Shute Shield or other club comps but surely there must be someone running around that can get a start.

Also the big T needs to get the ball with momentum, he would have been better utilised in the second half.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Maybe the problem with Holloway is that his size gives him an advantage in club rugby, and but has some other areas where he is just not up to the Soup.

That is one of our very biggest problems, the huge gap between clubland and the elite level.

The gap is much smaller from provincial rugby in New Zealand to the elite level. Most of those provincial teams, maybe all of them, would give most of our elite teams a doing over, or at least a very competitive game.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Indeed and people bag the NRC all the time, it is the pathway. It may not be the super successful comp but in time it will bridge that gap.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I make it a point to avoid watching the Brumbies when they play at home but hardly know why. Speight is an exciting player. Kurindrani. They have some munters in the forwards. I dunno. That raw concrete stadium of theirs, somehow it always looks freezing cold and unpleasant for everyone concerned. Maybe it's the low camera angle. Or the history with their boring rolling mauls. Dont mind watching the other Aus sides but Brumbies, at home, not an attractive viewing proposition

It's not called the concrete esky for nothing.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.