• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2018 TV ratings and crowd numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlesalan

Sydney Middleton (9)
5,283 at Canberra Stadium for Brumbies v Rebels

Just beaten by the lowest ever AFL crowd at the Gabba, 6060 for Suns v Demons and 9,254 at Spotless for GWS v Eagles

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Rugby has no relevance for politicians so they don't go to the game. Clearly, Brumbies should have been axed instead of Force

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
You think the Rebels would have had more chance of making the finals if they had signed all the Brumbies players and coaching staff instead of the Force ones?

Might as well have some fun here and see what that team would of looked like

1. Sio
2. Uelese
3. AAT
4. Parling
5. Arnold
6. Timani
7. Pocock
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. CLL
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. Kurindrani
14. Speight
15. Maddocks

16. Fainga'a
17. Sa'aga
18. Talaki
19. Carter
20. Fainga'a
21. Powell
22. Hawera
23. English

I'd go out on a limb and say yes. That's a very good team, happy with roster available now so no knock on the current group.

Would be best front row in Australia, best locking pairing, best/extremely balanced back row, CLL to pull the strings on a pack that goes forward, Genia and Powell excellent 1/2 combo, best wings and best centre pairing, with the most talented outside back in the country. Depth is fairly solid

Obviously considering they went to the Rebels and didn't return back home to QLD or NSW

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Might as well have some fun here and see what that team would of looked like

1. Sio
2. Uelese
3. AAT
4. Parling
5. Arnold
6. Timani
7. Pocock
8. Mafi
9. Genia
10. CLL
11. Koroibete
12. Hodge
13. Kurindrani
14. Speight
15. Maddocks

16. Fainga'a
17. Sa'aga
18. Talaki
19. Carter
20. Fainga'a
21. Powell
22. Hawera
23. English

I'd go out on a limb and say yes. That's a very good team, happy with roster available now so no knock on the current group.

Would be best front row in Australia, best locking pairing, best/extremely balanced back row, CLL to pull the strings on a pack that goes forward, Genia and Powell excellent 1/2 combo, best wings and best centre pairing, with the most talented outside back in the country. Depth is fairly solid

Obviously considering they went to the Rebels and didn't return back home to QLD or NSW
Yep that's as good a line up and no snotty nosed Waratahs to ruin things - add in Folau and you've got the wallabies line up

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Watched the game live on FoxtelNow. Anybody know if and how that gets counted?
If you are part of the survey group (and you would know about it and have a seperate box) it doesn't matter how you watch it, live/recorded/web/illegal stream - the ratings sample works off audio.

If you are not one of those households, you can't contribute to the official tv ratings in any way.

Presumably Foxtel knows who's watching on the internet, but they don't make that public.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Sunwolves v Stormers - 21k
Blues v Crusaders - 26k
Tahs v Highlanders - 47k

Toronto (?!) V Toulouse rugby league match - 39k

Royal wedding was at around 4.5million combined

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...how-the-hurricanes-are-nzs-most-popular-team\

This kiwi stats dwarf those in Australia.

Sky Television's viewing figures for April featured three Hurricanes games among the top-four broadcast audiences. That's not bad going when the Sunwolves, who drew 219,000 viewers, and the Sharks (182,000) were among the Hurricanes' opponents.

The most-watched telecast of the month was the Hurricanes' win over the Chiefs, which attracted an audience of 235,000, with the round-five NRL clash between the Warriors and Cowboys (196,000) the only fixture to break up the Hurricanes' domination.

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
I read the article on the Brumbies crowds and it does worry me, to be honest all Aus Super Rugby sides are struggling at the moment on that front BUT let's not blame the cold, rain, no roof etc... I put this down purely to years of atrocious performances and poor coaching. older fans have moved on and unfortunately very few new fans have come on board.

I can only speak for myself but it was every very difficult to drag mates (Who actually like rugby) to a Tahs game, the feedback had nothing to do with RA or cutting the force or something else, it was basically "We are shit". We find ourselves in a impossible situation now as unless we win quite a few games in a row people are just not going to come back. The Brumbies use to be one of the smartest sides in Super Rugby, they played this awesome brand of footy that was exciting to watch, what happened?!

Can only hope the Brumbies get their mojo back Aus rugby needs them to be firing!

hoggy

Trevor Allan (34)
Assuming that games against us are equally popular, it is pretty obvious why we need to have a Trans-Tasman competition, as a next step.

Yes, when you fail to build your own house then you have to live with the neighbors, sooner or later you have to stand on feet.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Assuming that games against us are equally popular, it is pretty obvious why we need to have a Trans-Tasman competition, as a next step.

We got one. Super Rugby. Doesn't work.

You might say -- No, the only thing wrong is the Saffers; just ditch them.

Needs more than that. Betting it all on a Trans-Tasman will screw NZR, as well as the Aussies. They ain't as dumb as Rugby Australia.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
We got one. Super Rugby. Doesn't work.

You might say -- No, the only thing wrong is the Saffers; just ditch them.

Needs more than that. Betting it all on a Trans-Tasman will screw NZR, as well as the Aussies. They ain't as dumb as Rugby Australia.

They supported the last expansion of Super Rugby, didn't they? Those clever Kiwis?

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
They supported the last expansion of Super Rugby, didn't they? Those clever Kiwis?
Well, from their point of view, … they're alright. Jack.

But this is Strewthy's ratings gig. Move to the Super Rugby thread if you want to take it further.

(I once knew a bloke called Struth. Strewth, it's the truth, his surname was St. Ruth.)

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Incidentally, there are a few Trans-Tasman comps around.

Soccer, basketball, netball, league to name a few. Would the AFL like to have a New Zealand presence? My bloody oath they would, the silly buggers.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Incidentally, there are a few Trans-Tasman comps around.

Soccer, basketball, netball, league to name a few. Would the AFL like to have a New Zealand presence? My bloody oath they would, the silly buggers.

Netball canned their Trans-Tasman structure in favour of a entirely domestic competition. The other competitions feature exactly 1 team from New Zealand. Barely qualifying as Trans-Tasman.

Status
Not open for further replies.