• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2019 School Rowing

Who will win 2019 HOTR?

• Joeys

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Newington

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Riverview

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Shore

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Grammar

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Kings

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • High

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scots

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Armidale

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Wow. So little interest this season.

NSW pumped..... at the NSW state champs

Attachments

• 3A35DEC6-7A72-472A-96C5-7379906511BD.jpeg
    3A35DEC6-7A72-472A-96C5-7379906511BD.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 433

Mexican

Frank Row (1)
Wow. So little interest this season.

NSW pumped... at the NSW state champs

Apart from Scotch winning given their results a week ago, not sure too many would have predicted the SB8 result today. Shore placing 5th as the best NSW crew was a surprise to say the least - but not nearly as much as Scotch 2nd 8 coming 4th.

schludson

Frank Row (1)
There's not much chat around the 2nd VIII's, it is going to get very interesting towards the sharp end of the season to see who will pull through. Both Shore and Scots are looking very strong but Kings and St Josephs aren't far behind either.

ogremcogreface

Bob McCowan (2)
It's also surprising to not see Sydney boys high racing as I have heard they have 6 rowers pulling under 6:30 in their 2k ergs and would have placed well yesterday.

wow! 6 under 6:30. they should all go try out for the Australian rowing team.

The Casual Observer

Stan Wickham (3)
There's not much chat around the 2nd VIII's, it is going to get very interesting towards the sharp end of the season to see who will pull through. Both Shore and Scots are looking very strong but Kings and St Josephs aren't far behind either.

I think both the 1st and 2nd V111's will be very close this year, and with the Scots stroke from last year set to get into the boat for the first time this season, that will push a boy back to the 2nd V111 making them very hard to beat.

Rod dennis

Peter Burge (5)
Just out of interest, how do you know so much about the program at scots casual observer, your not a student are you?

Jonterry

Bob McCowan (2)
Interested to see how the first eight boys will place this weekend, I just can't see Shore winning. Meanwhile if anyone still cares about the fours on this forum, Riverview are currently the best 1st IV crew with a 6:55 time and Newington are the current best 2nd IV with a 7:06. I think Scots/Shore/Joeys/Kings to take out the second eight event this weekend but the times seem relatively slow this year with winning times around the 6:10s.

The Casual Observer

Stan Wickham (3)
Interested to see how the first eight boys will place this weekend, I just can't see Shore winning. Meanwhile if anyone still cares about the fours on this forum, Riverview are currently the best 1st IV crew with a 6:55 time and Newington are the current best 2nd IV with a 7:06. I think Scots/Shore/Joeys/Kings to take out the second eight event this weekend but the times seem relatively slow this year with winning times around the 6:10s.

Yes I am looking forward to watching the V111's race this weekend. As you pointed out the times aren't fast but the racing is very tight and interesting to watch unfold. There hasn't been any stand out in the 1st V111 (yet) so I think the winner could come from Shore, Joeys or Scots with Riverview , Kings and Newington not far behind. In the second V111's I agree that it is also up for grab's at the moment, but I think you might see Scots poke their nose in front over the next two weeks at Penrith.

Johnny come lately

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Times are relative to conditions however in general this year has consistently beem slower than the last few years. Either bad racing conditions in general or just a slow group.
Joeys, Kings, Scots or Shore. He who peaks best, wins.

The Casual Observer

Stan Wickham (3)
Times are relative to conditions however in general this year has consistently beem slower than the last few years. Either bad racing conditions in general or just a slow group.
Joeys, Kings, Scots or Shore. He who peaks best, wins.

You are spot on. All the crews will be competing under a heavy workload at the moment, and the crew that peaks both mentally and physically on the day will take the title.

behindtheshed

Billy Sheehan (19)
Any news on girls' rowing? Brisbane boys? Melbourne boys and girls?

There seems to be some kind of ruckus going on at a couple of the girls' schools. Sudden coaching leadership changes at one, resulting in some pretty poor behaviour from parents witnessed by all and sundry at PLC/Kings regatta; and some perhaps rightly dissatisfied rowers at another girls' school due to lack of transparency in rankings. Anyone know any more?

The Casual Observer

Stan Wickham (3)
Should be an interesting day of racing at SIRC today. King's showed everyone they are serious title contenders last week and will want to follow that up with a strong performance today. Scots have had a major blow to their (and the 2nd V111) chances with last years stroke Ross Batho racing for the first time last week due to a back injury, but unfortunately he pulled up very sore and has had to stop rowing. Scots needed one more big body in the boat, and the 2nd V111 was looking forward to a 1st V111 boy being pushed down to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.