1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby AU Round 5 Force v Rebels

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by KevinO, Jul 28, 2020.

1. KevinO John Thornett (49)

Can the Force bounce back? Can the Rebels retain some momentum?

Should be a interesting game
  2. Dctarget Geoff Shaw (53)

GRRRUUUUDGE MATCH. Force v Force 2.0. Both playing away from home. Relegation match surely, if Rebels lose they can take back Wessels.
  3. ForceFan Colin Windon (37)

The Rebels have been the WF's nemesis.
    I think the count is 9 Rebels to 34 WF.
    I reckon we'll see some changes in the backs this week - hopefully including Kahui to start.
  4. Rebels3 Ken Catchpole (46)

It good to see a genuine rivalry in Aus ruby forming. We have very few prob only Reds vs Tahs and Brums v Tahs, as the ones with something extra. The others are good battles but these ones have that little bit something more on the line. They should be talking this up in the media.
  5. Rugbynutter39 Mark Loane (55)

hopefully prior back or at least frisby lance combo better click this week
  6. Forcefield Peter Fenwicke (45)

Teams always play a fair bit better the week after being embarrassed. I am hoping this applies to the Force, but we'll definitely need Greg Holmes fit if we are going to last the 80. $50 someone picks up a red card.
  7. Rebels3 Ken Catchpole (46)

Apparently Naisarani back this week
    Scooter likes this.
  8. Rugbynutter39 Mark Loane (55)

Got my tickets to force vs rebels - 3rd week in a row going to super au rugby game - Sydney rugby Crowd pathetic in there support for pro rugby as hardly a hard core sports fan but yet I make the effort to attend matches given more readily accessible and regular matches in Sydney to attend.
    KevinO, RebelYell, Dan54 and 2 others like this.
  9. Dan54 Andrew Slack (58)

Surely this game will be a trial for who get's the biggest offers to play for Force next year, suspect that Twiggy may want a few of his boys back?
  10. Rugbynutter39 Mark Loane (55)

Not sure Dan if rumours in press of private equity investment being considered in the rebels - but be good to know soon what next year looks like for clubs like the Force and Rebels and what competition they are playing in and funding behind it (possible PE investment, broadcast deal etc)
    Dan54 likes this.
  11. Mr Wobbly Nicholas Shehadie (39)

12. swingpass Jim Lenehan (48)

Kemeny, DHP, Gibbon out, injured/rested. Good to see Wilkin back, and Isi of course.
    RebelYell likes this.
  13. Rebels3 Ken Catchpole (46)

If the Rebels can keep it tight until the benches come into effect, then that should be enough to get over the top of the Force.
    Mickey Rummery likes this.
  14. GoMelbRebels Nev Cottrell (35)

I'm liking To'omua as Captain.
    KevinO likes this.
  15. Dctarget Geoff Shaw (53)

I don't like Philip being rested, hope we're not taking the Force too lightly. Excited to see Naisarani back, such a reliably great player. But more excited to see Wilkin back, he was in fine form before his injury. Wells, Hardwick, Naisarani, Wilkin & Leota are a pretty handy collection of backrowers. Rebels by 20
    HJ Nelson likes this.
  16. GoMelbRebels Nev Cottrell (35)

I think Phillip being on the bench is a tactic to bring on some firepower in the latter part of the game. I hope they aren't taking the Force lightly. The score last week was not a true reflection of their performance and let's not talk about that game back in 2014.
  17. KevinO John Thornett (49)

Phillip and Pone coming on late to do the hard work, good luck Force. We know Pone is not the ideal Prop for 50-60 minutes yet, he is the ideal to come on with 20 to go and cause some trouble for the opposition.
  18. Rugbynutter39 Mark Loane (55)

I would think the Force are chance for this one - force met the brumbies in their best game so far in super rugby au
  19. Mr Wobbly Nicholas Shehadie (39)

20. Dctarget Geoff Shaw (53)

That's a pretty talented backline. If they can get some cohesion it could be great.
    Mickey Rummery likes this.