• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby Round 2 - Waratahs v Force

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
They're Back!

images

Last time

WF 40 TAHs 11

Which probably means nothing.

While the Force are probably targeting the two Tahs games as wins, the weekend probably showed the Tahs are better that was being said (or the Red worse). Force to be competitive but probably in the end the Tahs to take it.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Looking forward to it - welcome back force and force fans - can we though have you not hate us for living on the east coast and accept that majority of rugby fans If not all would rather force playing with other oz sides in a competition that is financially viable...

I go onto the twf site and just find the continued hate towards people who follow rugby and live on the east coast and towards other oz super rugby sides tough to still see. I get it about what happened in the past but can’t we smoke the peace pipe and enjoy us all playing together this season and hopefully for more than this season.

I am hoping this is a great battle between tahs and force as close games and good battles will help grow support for the force, tahs and broader pro rugby in this country.

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
I can't pick what the Forces side will be. Will all the new signings be starters or come on via bench or even take a few weeks to be included!

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Alright - lets have a go at a Force team.

This is the team that played in the first round of GRR

1. Angus WAGNER, 2. Feleti KAITU’U, 3. Kieran LONGBOTTOM, 4. Johan BARDOUL, 5. Fergus LEE-WARNER, 6. Henry STOWERS, 7. Chris ALCOCK, 8. Brynard STANDER, 9. Ian PRIOR ( C ), 10. AJ ALATIMU, 11. Brad LACEY, 12. Henry TAEFU, 13. Marcel BRACHE, 14. Byron RALSTON, 15. Jack MCGREGOR.

Reserves. 16. Andrew READY, 17. Chris HEIBERG, 18. Tom SHEMINANT, 19. Ben GRANT, 20. Tevin FERRIS, 21. Jacob ABEL, 22. Grason MAKARA, 23. Jake STRACHAN
Slotting in some signings maybe something like this
1 Angus Wagner
2 Feleti Kaitu'u
3 Kieren Longbottom
4 Jeremy Thrush
5 Johan Bardoul
6 Henry Stowers
7 Kane Koteka
8 Brynard Stander
9 Ian Prior
10 Jono Lance
11 Brad Lacy
12 Kyle Godwin
13 Marcele Brache
14 Bryron Rolston
15 Jack McGregor
16 Andrew Ready
17 Chris Heiberg
18 Greg Holmes
19 Fergus Lee-Warner/Ollie Atkins
20 Tevin Ferris
21 Jacob Able
22 Aj Alatimu
23 Nick Jooste

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Just read the latest Nick Taylor/Andrew Forrest article in The West Australian and well I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’m going for the Waratahs.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
1. Angus Bell
2. Robbie Abel
3. Harry Johnson-Holmes
4. Ned Hanigan
5. Rob Simmons (c)
6. Lachlan Swinton
7. Michael Hooper
8. Will Harris
9. Mitch Short
10. Will Harrison
11. Mark Nawaqanitawase
12. Joey Walton
13. Alex Newsome (vc)
14. James Ramm
15. Jack Maddocks
Reseves
16. Tom Horton (FR)
17. Tetera Faulkner (FR)
18. Tiaan Tauakipulu (FR)
19. Tom Staniforth
20. Jack Dempsey
21. Michael McDonald
22. Ben Donaldson/Tepai Moeroa
23. Karmichael Hunt

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
What’s happening with Donaldson and Moeroa? Is there an injury concern over one?

I just want to see Moeroa get some decent minutes.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Can one of the Force fans give us a bit of a insight to some of the players? They're not so familiar to me. Especially: Kaitu'u, Stowers, Ferris & Ralston. Any real special ones I should look out for?

VassMan

Darby Loudon (17)
I'll see if I can help. I don't know much about Kaitu'u but he seems to have leapfrogged Ready and Tessman. Stowers has been playing great, he's played NZ 20s and is capped for Samoa. Ferris is a local guy from the Mandurah club here in WA, has been playing very well. Ralston we picked up for last year's NRC, after being top try scorer in Brisbane comp.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Looks like a good match up. Either side could take it on the day, but the Tahs would have to be favoured for cohesion and having a game under the belt. Might be a blow out in the last 20.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Can one of the Force fans give us a bit of a insight to some of the players? They're not so familiar to me. Especially: Kaitu'u, Stowers, Ferris & Ralston. Any real special ones I should look out for?

Kaitu'u went to school at Nudgee in QLD and played for QLD Country back in 2016.
Ralston is the one to watch. Outside back. Went to school at Gregory Terrace in QLD. Only young. Killed it at NRC last year.

Stowers a Samoan backrower who played Mitre 10 in NZL. Has been with the Force for a couple of years now.
Ferris was born in NZL but has done most of his schooling (and rugby) in WA. Played for that Aussie Barbarians team v the Wallabies in that 'trial match' last year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Looks like a good match up. Either side could take it on the day, but the Tahs would have to be favoured for cohesion and having a game under the belt. Might be a blow out in the last 20.

surely the Force would have more cohension? THat squad has been together for years now.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
What’s happening with Donaldson and Moeroa? Is there an injury concern over one?

I just want to see Moeroa get some decent minutes.

I'm likewise curious about Moeroa. I feel like this year might pass us by without really seeing him. I wonder what's really going on - injury, fitness, not up to scratch (skills), other (attitude)... ?

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
surely the Force would have more cohension? THat squad has been together for years now.

Jeez Reg, stop trying to undermine my attempts to achieve underdog status. I was thinking more cohesion in terms of games played together this year. GRR played what one game? The Tahs would have played 5 or 6, not counting last weekend.