• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

2020 Super Rugby Round 4, Western Force v Brumbies, Sat 25 July, Leichhardt Oval 7:15pm AEST

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Apart from the 2 early Brumbies lottery tries the Force have been good. Stander is half cyborg...what a tough basterd. Need this win boys. Come on Force....lets go (spoken in Tom Brady style). LETS GO!

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Apart from the 2 early Brumbies lottery tries the Force have been good. Stander is half cyborg.what a tough basterd. Need this win boys. Come on Force..lets go (spoken in Tom Brady style). LETS GO!

I really rate Stander. He's got a great engine. Stowers has had some nice moments too.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Brumbies replacing a tight head with a loose head and now Slipper and Sio are alternating at the 3 position. Neither of them look too happy. They both have tight head experience but haven't played there for some time.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Given how in form Slipper has been at loose head it really surprises me that the Brumbies have made this change but it seems to be working!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Tom Banks hasn't looked his best in this comp so far.
He’s certainly not a shoe in for the Wallaby gig. In fact Campbell, DHP and even Maddocks have looked better. If To'omua is going to be 10 and TK is a lock for 13 it wouldn’t be ridiculous to consider JOC (James O'Connor) up the back.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
He’s certainly not a shoe in for the Wallaby gig. In fact Campbell, DHP and even Maddocks have looked better. If To'omua is going to be 10 and TK is a lock for 13 it wouldn’t be ridiculous to consider JOC (James O'Connor) up the back.

Not a horrible option JOC (James O'Connor) out back, though probably not as secure under the high ball as DHP who'd probably be my first choice atm. Maddocks was looking a possibility, but the last two games haven't enhanced his cause. Seem to recall that Harrison played some fullback in the NRC, I wonder if they'd consider bringing one of the young lads like him through via FB.

whitefalcon

Bob Loudon (25)
Brumbies replacing a tight head with a loose head and now Slipper and Sio are alternating at the 3 position. Neither of them look too happy. They both have tight head experience but haven't played there for some time.
How were they able to bring Alan back on? They’ve used all their replacements

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
How were they able to bring Alan back on? They’ve used all their replacements
I’m guessing here but the ref might have deemed it dangerous. As far as I know that’s the only clause that allows for an extension to the number of subs.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
I thought Frost, Wright, Irae-Simone, Powell, Valentini, TK, Samu and Miller all had a really good game. Lots of heads up rugby, some nice kicks and good ball through the hands at times. I thought Kuenzle also did very well for his first run on. A lot to like.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
^^^^
Agree on those players and BK yes will call out thought really controlled things well. Force had lot more handling errors and turnovers as Brumbies pressure defence really told. Brumbies were real deal tonight.

Brumbies will be hard to beat in this competition as thought they were very good tonight.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Funny thing - apart from the last couple of posts anyone reading this thread would assume the Force had beaten the Brumbies. It certainly seems to be very hard for some posters to have a good word to say about the Brumbies.

In a game where the score was 4 tries to nil, and the losing side failed to bother the scoreboard, comments are being made about the likes of Campbell, Maddocks, DHP, JOC (James O'Connor), Harrison. Never saw any one of them out there tonight, and to be truthful, few of them have been sighted in games they have played.

Is it really too hard for some to acknowledge the quality of the Brumbies players and the team as a whole?

One more comment from me about Sio. I did highlight earlier his inclination to pull down on the opposite THP causing scrums to collapse. He either has an anatomical issue that makes his left elbow bend, or it is a move he cannot get out of his game. I reckon the solution might be to convert him to the TH side. He is strong enough to hold the scrum up, and his open field play is getting back to the levels he was at a couple of years ago. I notice Sword of Justice commented that Sio and Slipper were alternating in the TH spot, but I didn't personally notice it. Slipper had played a game or two in the TH spot earlier this year when Ala'alatoa was out.

Thought the debutants Keunzle and Frost had excellent games. Joe Powell again had a wow of a match, which won't be acknowledged by many here. His box kicking has developed into the most accurate and challenging of all the Aussie No 9s. And who can fault his vision and support running after the first two tries tonight?

Rob Valetini again MOTM for me.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Go the Force. Tough Loss. It was like you were a Minardi F1 car stuck in third gear. Trying hard, lots of noise, faster than most street cars, but little traction on the racetrack. Save the engine for next week against those stinking drunk god damn Rabble. Them's fighting words!

GO you FORCE!!!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It was good to see the Brumbies set piece stabilise...

And after a couple of quiet games into the new season, the real Pete Samu showed up.

Valetini, Powell, Simone and Wright all had stellar games too.

Kata not quite as destructive as earlier in the year, and I'm thinking that maybe Muirhead, despite being half his size, is possibly more deserving of a start.

Mack Hansen too is so elusive with the ball......... some great outside back stocks at the Brumbies right now.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Thought the Brumbies went well , they look a class above the other teams, definitely the best backline. Good game I thought, though a little disappointed the Force didn't fire a few shots. I happily say they my 2nd team in Aus, more for their fight than anything. I will be real interested to see if they can nuy a few players, to add an ability to finish. They not far off but still look like a very very good NRC strength team, with just 3-4 more top quality players to be fighting for top spot in Super rugby. Will still be cheering for them against everyone but the Reds !!