• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

3,2,1 Waratahs vs Cheetahs 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
3/ Tom Carter - the only bloke in blue that put his heart and soul into his performance.
2/ Kepu
1/ Baxter

I only started this thread as I think Tom Carter genually deserved those points.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
My instinct is to award none to anyone.
But, I will respect the process.
3 Baxter - after a couple of early engage calls, he was pretty bloody solid in the scrum. Did nothing much else.
2 Mitchell - tried at least
1 Beale - see Mitchell

These points are generous.

Reactions: WB3

Ham

Sydney Middleton (9)
Screw the process. Points should not be given for the sake of it. Sure, there were some players who put more effort than others, but no player had a genuine good game. There was no player tonight with a performance that would warrant 1 point in any other game. Therefore I will not be voting this week.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
You do realise the points are supposed to be for the better performed players? ;) The only thing Pakalani didn't drop were his testicles.

I gave points to those who looked disgraced in the forecourt at the end of the game.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I realise it was a very poor performance and many are clutching at straws to find three players to vote for, but I am shocked to see Burgess' name in the mix. Thought he was extremely poor.

3. Mitchell - when things go really bad and most are off their game, it's effort that is recognized and I thought he exerted plenty
2. Baxter - mr mean-face held his own at scrim time and wasn't the penalty magnet as per usual
1. McCutcheon - not bad. Not good, just inbetween

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I realise it was a very poor performance and many are clutching at straws to find three players to vote for, but I am shocked to see Burgess' name in the mix. Thought he was extremely poor.

3. Mitchell - when things go really bad and most are off their game, it's effort that is recognized and I thought he exerted plenty
2. Baxter - mr mean-face held his own at scrim time and wasn't the penalty magnet as per usual
1. McCutcheon - not bad. Not good, just inbetween
Me too with Burgess. Too slow at clearing repeatedly, and not just because he couldn't get the ball free. Threw some stupid behind the back passes too, when orthodoxy was called for. Yeah, he made some half busts, but like others ended up isolated.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Give credit where it's due. Kurtley didn't look that interested in any of the 5 mingers clinging to him in the carpark and going "Oh. My. God. That game was soooo bad!" Granted, play had only stopped 30 minutes before, so hey.

Edit: bad iPhone fingers produced an incomprehensible post.

Status
Not open for further replies.