• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

6N: England v Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
If I were Irish I'd be pretty dirty about that try turned down for lack of an angle showing a grounding. Overall I think England deserved their win, but had that try been awarded with plenty of time left on the clock then things might've gotten interesting. I don't think anyone there doubted it'd been grounded after seeing the replays, including Veldsman.

Whether it changes the question refs give to the TMO will be interesting to see. I'd thought "Try or no try" was the safe option to ensure an accurate decision, but it didn't seem to be in this case.

I'm starting to wonder if there should be some sort of penalty devised for sealing off the view of a grounding when it's obvious that that's all a defensive player is trying to do, although it would probably be impossible to prove. Not to mention that it would be one more potential way ITV could materially affect the outcome of matches through selective use of camera angles.

Overall England would be happy for the win and for a few good performances from favourites like Vunipola and Itoje, but still pretty nervous about Wales. Jones had better watch his step with self-imposed media bans though. That shit won't fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.