• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

9 Rounds In, Who's your Wallabies Captain

Who Should Captain

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Moore for sure. He has unfinished business. When he goes off for TPN it should be Hooper.

I reckon Dennis, Fardy, To'omua, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau are more credible than Horwill atm.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Moore for sure. He has unfinished business. When he goes off for TPN it should be Hooper.

I reckon Dennis, Fardy, To'omua, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Folau are more credible than Horwill atm.

Agreed about Horwill, But he is an ex-captain so I added him to the list.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Says something about the preparation that heading into a world cup year our prefered captain has 2 minutes experience and the coach has 5 games under his belt.

Having said that, they are the men for the job

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
If Slipper and Higgers are in the mix then Genia could be if he has a huge second half of the Super season and regains that form the world knows he's capable. A lot of 'ifs' in there, but he does have maturity now.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Squeak, without question. The others may be fighting for their spots and a captain's position should never be in doubt. There is no such doubt that Moore is our first choice hooker.

This is the logical choice without doubt. Can I just say we have an astute VC because hookers rarely play the full 80. We are limited in our options here with 80 minute players close to the action. Poey is the one name that springs to mind. Simmons is the other regular 80 minute player but not at present ready for the job.

Reactions: Mik

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fairly clear-cut from where I'm sitting:

Nic White.

whitemonkey.jpg_zpsxdqqauie.gif

Nic White gives the linesman a mouthful
as he scampers down the touchline.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Stephen Moore should captain the side. Barring injury he'll be in the team. The choice of vice-captain depends on the makeup of the rest of the squad. For example if Hooper and Pocock are both in the 23, then whichever one starts will come off in the 2nd half, so it's no point making either of them vice captain in that circumstance.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Has to go to a certain starter as far as I'm concerned.

Higgers isn't a sure thing, Pocock and Hooper more or less cancel each other out because who knows who starts, and Horwill shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.

So it's between Slipper and Moore, neither of which will play the full 80mins. Moore would be my preference as he's had the title before.

Vice-captain will be an equally important selection, I'd lean towards To'omua or Fardy (unlikely, but maybe Folau or Simmons).

Status
Not open for further replies.