• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

A-League 2014 Grand FInal

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Anyone else going to the A-League grand final? Love me a bit of football/soccer.

Whilst Rugby and its fans can certainly teach a lot to Football, like fair play, respecting the ref and not killing the other teams supporters, I also think football has a fair bit to teach rugby.

- Supporters that don't need a megaphone telling them to chant
- A lot less time wasted on stoppages
- No dickheads telling you to sit down when you stand up for a linebreak getting excited.

The Roar are a good team to watch and it should be a great atmosphere on caxton street and at the game, provided I don't get murdered by the travelling WSW supporters for the crime of being on the other team :)

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Don't get the WSW faux hard man act by their fans. They seem to have a romantic view of football hooligans when in reality they're just scumbags who ruin the atmosphere in and around stadiums for everyone else. I remember reading the SMH and WSW fans were complaining that another franchise stole their chants, not seeing the irony that all the songs of their plastic franchise were ripped off from Europe.

To summarise don't follow the A League at all but if I find myself watching the game I'll be cheering on Brisbane.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I might watch it if there's no conflict with the AFL or the League, but otherwise I'm not particularly interested I must confess... I find soccer a very negative and oppressive sport personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.