• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

A rare Growden gem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
I think I picked it up after reading Rocky Elsom: Leader of the Wallabies. She's one of the Renaissance Mans personal favourites.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It was an old Alan Jones line to Simon Poidevin. He said Poido had hands like the Venus de Milo

U

Uncle Pete

It was an old Alan Jones line to Simon Poidevin. He said Poido had hands like the Venus de Milo

It got a run just recently so, as usual, Growden is just repeating someone else's work.

I actually thought this paragraph betrayed Growden's ignorance:
"Despite criticisms of Cooper following the All Blacks loss, it is not time to crucify Australian rugby's main drawcard. After being so good for so long, Cooper was due for an off night, and too many have too quickly forgotten how phenomenal he was during the Reds' spectacular five-month Super Rugby campaign. Now he can prove whether he is the full package, including having the ability to bounce back in one of the toughest of assignments the Wallabies have recently encountered."

Dan Carter never has an off night...and that Kick of Cooper's against the SA 2nd XV from his own 22 was ill thought out rubbish. "So good for so long" - gimme a break"

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...-boks-await-20110812-1iqsj.html#ixzz1Uqtz19VK

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
He has plenty of detractors on this board (rightfully so I might add) but this line from Grumbles is truly inspired:

Cooper will no doubt be the Springboks' No.1 target, with South Africa's five-eighth James, the Venus de Milo of world rugby, expected to pursue him all day and attempt to obliterate him with his infamous no-arms tackles.

It would have been a great line if he had omitted "with his infamous no-arms tackles".

You don't normally tell a joke and then explain it; but maybe the first time GG read or heard it he had to ask what it meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.