• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

A Silver Fern view of Pocock

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If Deans wants focus 10-15m either side of the breakdown, they will use Waugh. Any wider focus will require Pocock

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
fatprop said:
If Deans wants focus 10-15m either side of the breakdown, they will use Waugh. Any wider focus will require Pocock

10-15 metres ? You are being very generous.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
just had a look at The Silver Frown, wft is going on here?:

Online:
TSF: 11 members, 6 guests
GAGR: 14 members, 107 guests

how does that happen? does GAGR have a lurker problem?

ps Luke Whitelock vs D.Pocock? oh shit, try Lada vs fuckin Lamborghini, hindsight for the win!

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Great rugby family (as famously pointed out by Murray Mexted: "Well done Mrs Whitelock!") but Sam is clearly the best player in the group. Properly world class that bloke.

Kangaroo Sausage

Peter Burge (5)
Haha that Voltron guy must be retarded!

Ah fuck, that's right, it's me.

Can we let it go already? I was wrong. It was the wrongest thing anyone ever said. I know nothing about rugby. Whitelock was shit. Latimer never in the same league.

PS, Dismal I did not mean all those things I said in that other other place. Thanks, cheers, Mr C. Ock.

PPS isn't it fun when you interact with the same people across different forums, twitters, Facebooks and you all use different names everywhere? I struggle to remember who I am let alone everyone else.

Sent from my SM-T705Y using Tapatalk

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
To be fair, I think a lot of us were expecting Luke to kick on better than he has. He's just 24, so it could still happen, but he's obviously not going to end up in the Pocock category.

Now, Brad Shields on the other hand. . .

Kangaroo Sausage

Peter Burge (5)
Ugh, if only it was that easy to explain away. Unfortunately we were talking about George, the dumbo eared! looks 40 when he was 24, carthorse George Whitelock.

In my defence though, how could I know that Pocock wasn't going to self destruct like other talented youngsters viz a viz Cooper, Beale and O'Connor.

Nope won't make that mistake again. This time I'm hitching my wagon to the hype train that is Akira Ioane. Couldn't possibly go wrong.

Sent from my SM-T705Y using Tapatalk

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
This time I'm hitching my wagon to the hype train that is Akira Ioane. Couldn't possibly go wrong.

Attention please. This is your captain speaking. Our next stop on the Akira hype train is the 2016 Olympics, followed swiftly by the 2017 Lions Kittens. Our final stop before tea is the 2019 three-peat.

Kieran, get out of the way. This train has no breaks.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The good ol’ Silver Frown, a new look..... but still mad keen on deleting posts. Just mine? Fuck knows.

Dismal Shithead wrote--

All those thousands of posts from years and hours of typey typey were really deleted? That is a real bummer. I know it’s “progress” but it’s kind of reduced the place in look & feel to a becalmed garden variety comments section from what could be any blog on the internet.

The new look, it’s like the forum has gone from a munty old organic analogue cassette Walkman that in hindsight had its limitations, but for you it still did the business just fine, to a far more convenient Mp3 player that you know should be “the new way to do things”..... but just leaves you a bit discombobulated and thinking something’s a bit off.

hashtag#sad_old_git_post
hashtag#pesky_kids_on_my_lawn
hashtag#flip_cellphone_with_huge_numbers_and_adult_diaper_alert_function

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
never used the new-fangled Motorola hand-phone gadgets you pesky kids are so entranced with, only use the PC so the whole thing looks like a huge bland white Formica snowstorm of a BBS thread from 2001

Rereading my deleted post, it’s not exactly WikiLeaks on Stilts is it?

Grates when innocuous shit gets hiffed, just to silence any possible gestation of “dissent”.

Although I can see the site admins thinking in quickly moving to quell any hint of disturbance in the force, nipping fractious ructions* at source, “if they don’t read of any discontent with the layout then they will just get used to it as they focus on the rugby, do the typey typey, get a bit more used to it, then finally, there, they’re used to it.”

But wft some pretty thin-skinned wiener shit if you ask me. You’d think our cocks were touching the way they chucked my feedback on the new look.

*if fractious is a word and ruction is a word then why isn’t ructious a word?

Language keeps us locked and repeating” as I think FVGAZI once said

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
never used the new-fangled Motorola hand-phone gadgets you pesky kids are so entranced with, only use the PC so the whole thing looks like a huge bland white Formica snowstorm of a BBS thread from 2001

Rereading my deleted post, it’s not exactly WikiLeaks on Stilts is it?

Grates when innocuous shit gets hiffed, just to silence any possible gestation of “dissent”.

Although I can see the site admins thinking in quickly moving to quell any hint of disturbance in the force, nipping fractious ructions* at source, “if they don’t read of any discontent with the layout then they will just get used to it as they focus on the rugby, do the typey typey, get a bit more used to it, then finally, there, they’re used to it.”

But wft some pretty thin-skinned wiener shit if you ask me. You’d think our cocks were touching the way they chucked my feedback on the new look.

*if fractious is a word and ruction is a word then why isn’t ructious a word?

Language keeps us locked and repeating” as I think FVGAZI once said
That's what they do in Woolloongong rugby - "Youse were lying on our ball, so we ructious".

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
It's a bit odd. The lack of distinction of what is quoted in further posts makes for hard reading. Otherwise seems OK.
Seems relatively quick. NodeBB - interesting choice. Not super expensive but not cheap either. I quite like it but I suspect the work involved in migrating from XenForo to NodeBB might be onerous. I see there is an import package so maybe it is worth a look.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It's a bit odd. The lack of distinction of what is quoted in further posts makes for hard reading. Otherwise seems OK.
Looks like they are bring it in in stages so may look different hen it's fully implemented. I like the pagination and if it works directly with mobiles without tapatalk I'm hooked.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
UH-OH.

TRANS TASMAN FORII WARS:

http://www.forum.thesilverfern.com/topic/2918/where-are-they-now-past-ferners/88

lasers_zps5e0aea7b.gif

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
We lost a few Aussies to g and g like noddy and I think cyclopath

Started on the Sulver Fern. Kek.

Speaking of Cyclo, when will he be released back into the wild from his Pitcairn sex dungeon? This is where I assume he's been all this time.