• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AAGPS (NSW) Rowing 2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
wolf, the fibros makes no sense to me, please explain. sounds like stupid new propaganda!

Mr GPS Rower,

If you were a cultured australian man you should know this, the Fibros (referencing the Fibro Houses in the inner west) was the name given to the Wests Tigers when facing Manly (Nicknamed the Sliver Tails). This is a reference to the boys from the inner west. It was a strongly contested rivalry, but there were times when the Fibos came out on top. Hopefully this year they can strike again.

Wolf Out.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Joeys will win 1st and 2nd 8, mark my words. Newington wont come close as Tony Achjian will be too busy 'loving molly'. Shore and View will sit on the podium for the 1st 8, but the 40 year drought will end for the boys in pink this year.

Random2 out

Robson

Bob McCowan (2)
Joeys will win 1st and 2nd 8, mark my words. Newington wont come close as Tony Achjian will be too busy 'loving molly'. Shore and View will sit on the podium for the 1st 8, but the 40 year drought will end for the boys in pink this year.

Random2 out
Shore will not be beaten in either event.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Mr GPS Rower,

If you were a cultured australian man you should know this, the Fibros (referencing the Fibro Houses in the inner west) was the name given to the Wests Tigers when facing Manly (Nicknamed the Sliver Tails). This is a reference to the boys from the inner west. It was a strongly contested rivalry, but there were times when the Fibos came out on top. Hopefully this year they can strike again.

Wolf Out.
Except they werent the Wests Tigers at the time - they were the Magpies and had not merged with Balmain

G

gogoldenbears

Kings 1st VIII thought they'd go back to the Hudson and give grammar the touch up at Schoolboy today but the boys in black dug in and were not too far off view in the end. Altitude training however, kept the boys from laying down another in the final. Shore did a good job today. Did anyone else see that Canberra Grammar guy accidentally wack his boat into their riggers?! Would have been good for the pitch. HOTR 2013 - someone is bound to be on the receiving end of some bad luck!!!

Apologies. I've been informed that it was kings 2nd VIII racing in 1st VIII division at SIRC Sunday. H.Rowe must have been at home belting out viral war crys. Standard.

GPS Stroke

Bob McCowan (2)
I think Scotch were rating 18 spm. There is always loss of momentum in the stroke cycle doesn't matter if you're in the stroke seat of the German Olympic VIII or 2 seat of the Newington 4th IV murdering rhythm. Brian Richardson is an ex-olympic coach get him to explain the physics like our coach has.

Newington is rowing a lightweight boat as if the crew averaged 100kg. Newington's rowing culture has changed. Boys realise that less weight = more speed. The coaches need to realise this as well and change their coaching style and work with the boys strengths not try to 'convert' the boys to rowing a heavyweight style. NEWINGTON HAS NO UPPERBODY WEIGHT TO ACCELERATE THE HANDLE IN THE SITBACK THIS YEAR. BRIAN USE YOUR HEAD AND START FOCUSING ON THE CATCH!!!!!!!

Paper

Frank Nicholson (4)
Newington is rowing a lightweight boat as if the crew averaged 100kg. Newington's rowing culture has changed. Boys realise that less weight = more speed. The coaches need to realise this as well and change their coaching style and work with the boys strengths not try to 'convert' the boys to rowing a heavyweight style. NEWINGTON HAS NO UPPERBODY WEIGHT TO ACCELERATE THE HANDLE IN THE SITBACK THIS YEAR. BRIAN USE YOUR HEAD AND START FOCUSING ON THE CATCH!!!!!!!

Interesting, given it was Brian Richardson who contributed a whole chapter dedicated to the catch in Volker Nolte's book, Rowing Faster...

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)

Random2 out

Ahh Random2

I do believe you have stolen my sign-off, i hope you dont do so again. I dont believe Joeys will win, they may come through with a podium, but as recent rows have suggested, our most consistent crews have been Newington and Shore, recording 1st and 3rd in Schoolboys, regardless of a singularly resurgent kings i do believe it will be one of these two on top, exponential improvement has proven to be newington's strength. And i know everyone hates shore. Stick to your day job Random2

Wolf Out.

random2

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Ahh Random2

I do believe you have stolen my sign-off, i hope you dont do so again. I dont believe Joeys will win, they may come through with a podium, but as recent rows have suggested, our most consistent crews have been Newington and Shore, recording 1st and 3rd in Schoolboys, regardless of a singularly resurgent kings i do believe it will be one of these two on top, exponential improvement has proven to be newington's strength. And i know everyone hates shore. Stick to your day job Random2

Wolf Out.

ah mr wolf, you must not be familiar with my presence on the GPS rugby forum, the random2 out has been a trait of mine on many post, mainly those involving the infamous archjian. we shall see what the result is come march 9th. and as I have mention tarchjian

Random2 out

The Yugoslavian Wolf

Herbert Moran (7)
ah mr wolf, you must not be familiar with my presence on the GPS rugby forum, the random2 out has been a trait of mine on many post, mainly those involving the infamous archjian. we shall see what the result is come march 9th. and as I have mention tarchjian

Random2 out
My mistake mr Random, i guess we can share! Sounds good, and look forward to it.

Wolf Out.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Cut out the personal crap and get back to the rowing, boys. Those of us who attended one of these august institutions would like to know what's happening now, WE DO NOT WANT TO READ ANY JUVENILE TRASH TALK.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Ha. Schooled. Maybe Newington should be called "Endless hype" - on this forum they have been anyway.

well if "gogoldenbears" is referring to 'scots' then maybe you should change your account name to "endless hype" - through out scots' 1st 8 season this year, its all it has been.

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Ahh Random2

Wolf Out.

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Cut out the personal crap and get back to the rowing, boys. Those of us who attended one of these august institutions would like to know what's happening now, WE DO NOT WANT TO READ ANY JUVENILE TRASH TALK.

i just had to make one last dash.

fpiglet

Darby Loudon (17)
Ahh Random2

Wolf Out.
Really?? Only thing Newington is consistent in is coming out of the top three. Are you taking mind altering drugs in your mangy eastern European lair? Joeys has placed second four times to Shore. In the Joeys, Newington, Kings/PLC & NSW Championships regattas. Surely that's consistent? Scots have been training out of competition up at the Nepean. The game is on. Shore have a huge amount of pressure not to stuff up. They haven't been rowing consistent sub 6 minute times and can be beaten on the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.