• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Aarrgggghhh. Itunes help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Had previously ignored the request to upgrade to 8.02 (or whatever version) of itunes. Tried, and it wouldn't load. For some reason I then decided to uninstall my previous itunes and now I can't load itunes at all.

Says "There is a problem with the Windows Installer Package. A program run as part of the set up did not finish as expected."

Any farken ideas? Need my podcasts!!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Suggestions:

• throw your iPod away and shout yourself a decent MP3 player, Creative or something. This will allow you to rip music off anything using Windows Media Player and you'll have nothing to do with those evil bastards at Apple and their fucking iTunes. My son's currently on his FOURTH (yes, fourth) iPod mini player, three replacements after three failures and much gnashing of teeth getting them. Apple are absolute bastards to deal with.
  • if you must keep your iTunes because your music's in that format, delete everything to do with iTunes and Apple using Add/Delete Programs. Then go to Programs and check every folder manually (you'll find bits and pieces left) and delete anything else you find on Apple and iTunes. You should be able to now do a complete reinstall from the Apple website.

Good luck.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
ok sorted. Thanks for your concern.

Don't know what I did, what I deleted, what version of itunes I know have, but my podcasts are back and I'm happy.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Your problem is obvious.

Attachments

• iProduct.jpg
    iProduct.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 217
Status
Not open for further replies.