• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU & ACT Schools XV - 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'm interested in results and comments on games from the ACTJRU matches, particularly u18 and u16 comps.....can anybody help?

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Yesterdays u18 (first 15) Results: Vikings defeated Wests 100-14 (grand final replay) , Marist defeated Grammar 41-15, Eddies defeated Darra 31-15. Early signs this year that Marist and Vikings are the teams to beat.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Are eddies any good this year? Are most of the Vikings boys at Erindale?

Eddies not what they once were, defeated by Grammar 35-17 last week which was just previously unheard of. As far as i am aware majority of Vikings boys go to Erindale, but they still have players from surrounding areas such as Mackillop and Trinity.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Good to see eddies getting pegged back...money for the scholarships must have dried up. I have never worked out why Mackillop and Trinity havent got their own sides together. It would be good for the comp to have more teams and more to the point school sides playing. Dont you think?

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
I think Trinity (in Tuggeranong, not the Goulburn school) have no depth at all and would be lucky to have 2-3 players up to standard. Mackillop though would have some good players, having an Aus Schoolboy last year. Its also common that good footballers from this school leave and go to nearby Erindale for the Academy, which squashes the chance of them having a team. I think if any other School was the enter the first 15 comp it would have to be Trinity from Goulburn.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I hope they do one day. They used to be very strong when they were the old St Patricks before merging with the girls school there. They had alot of rep players and were tough to beat in Goulburn.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Can someone get me the results of tomorrows matches when they come in. I hear Marist are playing eddies....always great to watch.

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Correct - Eddies and Marist on Owens oval (Eddies). Pity like most other senior players, I'll be off watching JID..

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It must be a long time since Marist have beaten eddies that convincingly. Good for the comp though.

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Today Tuggeranong Vikings u18s defeated St Edmunds 1st XV 47-10. In the other game Grammar defeated Darramarlan 53-17

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Thanks FTS. Looks like a really strong comp. Eddies seem to be doing it really tough this year, WTF?

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
The standard in all the games is really good. I know Vikings defeated Scots College from Sydney in pre season. Eddies are missing a few players from injury but even when they are back ti full strength i don't think they will match vikings or marist. Eddies lower ages are still strong though so this may just be an odd year of weakness in the firsts.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I've started uploading the results to our wiki, should make it easy to find when comparing different divisions.

I actually found some stuff on the ACTJRU page, but it was not that easy so figure we can mirror it at [wiki]2011 ACT Schoolboy Rugby Results[/wiki]

What's the go with Wests? 2010 Grand Finalists who got spanked two weeks in a row, forfeited week 3, and are now replaced with a BYE!

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Exactly why the ASC comp should never have merged into the ACTJRU - inconsitent club sides that cannot even guarantee a side to turn up every weekend. They have completely undermined the traditions of the schools and put a cheapened slant on th competition between the schools. Not to mention the death of schools such as Trinity and the failure of schools like Radford to develop as they seem content to settle for lesser opposition in the 2nd XV comps etc. I am bitter is you cant tell....

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Vikings u18 1st XV defeated Grammar 1st XV 31-22, while Marist 1st XV defeated Darramarlan 1st XV 45-11

Status
Not open for further replies.