• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 & ACT Schools XV 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh jackson

Frank Row (1)
James Shepherd has come from Goulburn into Marist Year 11. he is apart of the Under 17's Junior Gold cup team and was also apart of the Under 16's Brumbies Nationals Team... Haven't personally seen him play but have heard that he is a very good five-eight with a good kicking game and can read the play very well. Should be a good asset to the Marist team.

marist will not be a stand out this year, althou
With majority of teams commencing pre-season training and the first of the trial games fast approaching.. i wanted to get peoples thoughts on who they believe are the favourites to win this years competition.

Please comment your thoughts.

the favorites are Gungahlin eagles

joshflanders

Frank Row (1)
I believe that the Gungahlin eagles are going to be a stand out ion the under 18's division 1 this year with plenty of recruiting done in the off season. they have just gotten back from there tour to Queensland where they came up against teams such as nudgee, TSS, terrace and so on, they won every game of there tour so they are looking very strong this year

I highly agree with this comment, you obviously know what you are talking about.

Logan Stevens

Bob McCowan (2)
Knowing that both St.Edmunds and Marist have four trial games each and then have an overseas tour respectively before the season starts, does anybody know what sort of preparation the other sides have?

Fitness fanatic Benny 'gordo' Gordon has been leading the St Edmunds team in multiple hill sprints up Mount Taylor.

AngryDog 2

Bob McCowan (2)
Josh wise nigel plums son is a new recruit to eddies forward pack should be interesting to see how he goes this year !
I've heard he as soft as butter. because of his dad he thinks hes better then he is. the real team people should be worrying about is marist, they have been handing out scholarships like no tommorow and they have got some good finds. they have links to some super power teams in NZ so they have recruited well over the off season so they will be a team to worry about. picking up the likes of shaun johnsons cousin who will be running the team well from the number 10 position

Logan Stevens

Bob McCowan (2)
St Edmunds have a new open side flanker, Ben Gordan. In the off season hes been working his back side off. He weighs 100 kg and gets around the paddock well. His last trial game he had 17 pilfers and 13 hit ups be sure to keep an eye on this German human wrecking ball.

angus patterson

Frank Row (1)
St Edmunds have a new open side flanker, Ben Gordan. In the off season hes been working his back side off. He weighs 100 kg and gets around the paddock well. His last trial game he had 17 pilfers and 13 hit ups be sure to keep an eye on this German human wrecking ball.

I've heard good things about this fella. he hits hard he is always over the ball he get's his characteristics from his great grandfather Hitler. I would not want to be running into him he is built like a brick shit house. absolute animal I tell you. this weekend if someone runs into him from Riverview this weekend it will be "good night mary" will be a great prospect for east rugby and brumbies rugby in the near future.

AngryDog 2

Bob McCowan (2)
Reports are that hazem el masris nephew anthony maatouk, weighing in at 95kg and standing at a whopping 6'4 will directing the team well from the back of the ruck, he is someone to look out for in the future

AngryDog 2

Bob McCowan (2)
Being pretty close with the Marist set-up, my bet for the first XV starting team is:

1.Julian Lowe
2. Siuta Tai (returning)
3. Taylor Pringle
4. Declan Oswald (returning)
5. Jordan Watt/James Montgomery
6. Jack Tom
7. Lewis Oswald (returning)
8. Ryan Gibson
9. Sam Ross (returning) /Nathan Exton
10. Sam Ross/Jo Rollins
11. Lachlan Whitbread
12. Liam Simonsoon (returning)
13. Tom Evans (returning)
14. Daniel Marshall (returning)
15. Jack Hickson

Looking at this team, no doubt players like Siuta Tai (Australian Schoolboy), Liam Simonsson and Tom Evans will be outstanding but i think Jack Hickson (Raiders SG Ball) will prove to be a big inclusion into this Marist team.

I believe that tom williamson and joseph rolling will be possible aus schoolboys. it will be interesting to see where their new recruits will slot in to the team

AngryDog 2

Bob McCowan (2)
St Edmunds expected first XV side this year:

1. Michael Beer (110kg)
2. James Brown (100kg)
3. Fraser Smith (85kg)
4. Yan Bol (95kg)
5. Zoe Hall (80kg)
6. James Timeranis (95kg)
7. Benny Gordon (115kg)
8. Kebs Fapula (65kg)
9. Jarrod Loadsman (85kg)
10. Chase Loadsman (75kg)
11. Daniel Jung (100kg)
12. Reece Bourne (110kg)
13. Liam Longley (85kg)
14. Nick Ng (95kg)
15. Jordan Smith (90kg)

this will be a team that will be hard to beat, especially with the likes of james brown and yan bol in the line up

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Can anyone tell me exactly who the Marist 'recruits' are and where they come from? Are they really 'recruits' or merely boys enrolled by their parents? Judging by trial form Marist are either playing really good opposition or they are struggling, which is it? Two big losses in two weeks is less than ideal and rather worrying

josh jackson

Frank Row (1)
Can anyone tell me exactly who the Marist 'recruits' are and where they come from? Are they really 'recruits' or merely boys enrolled by their parents? Judging by trial form Marist are either playing really good opposition or they are struggling, which is it? Two big losses in two weeks is less than ideal and rather worrying
As I said before the recruits are named Tom Williamson, Joseph rollings and Chris Donaldson, Tom Williamson was a stand out in New Zealand last year and came to Australia for opportunity in rugby, he hasn't played in the trials due to injury but will be back on the park within the next few weeks and it's believed he could carry Marist to a grandfinal win and go on to play some Rep rugby.

Rhino147

Stan Wickham (3)
You eddies boys, this isnt a forum for 2 year olds. Its about devoted and keen rugby fans who wish to discuss matters involving the game. You can play with each others dicks in the classrom

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Has James Shepherd played in the trial games for Marist? Does anyone know why their trial form has been so average?

Status
Not open for further replies.