• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 & ACT Schools XV 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keiran

Sydney Middleton (9)
Grammar to beat Darra by a decent margin
Eddies to roll Wests by a similar score
Royals vs Vikings too close to call. Would have tipped Royals, but with 7 injuries including two 18's schoolboys the squad depth will be tested.

Last weekend watched Royals beat Darra in a nail biter. Poor discipline cost Darra with 3 yellow cards including 2 to the same player who I'm assuming will be having a holiday this weekend. Darra looked very small in both the backs and forwards from a few years back. Royals set piece let them down as I think they may have won a solitary line out.

Michael Walker

Peter Burge (5)
Marist lost to St. Stanislaus yesterday in the Waratah Shield game, 26-22 in what was a very close game from reports. Stanies scored two tries in the last 5 minutes to win the game.

Fishy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yeah I did not get out to the Marist v Eddies game, But I did hear that the forward packs were the main difference in the game. The Eddies back line are nothing special. Not taking away from the fact that they would have shown some skill in a whooping of Dara, but still.

Michael Walker

Peter Burge (5)
Yeah I did not get out to the Marist v Eddies game, But I did hear that the forward packs were the main difference in the game. The Eddies back line are nothing special. Not taking away from the fact that they would have shown some skill in a whooping of Dara, but still.

The forward pack was always going to be the difference and it definitely didn't help Marist when their best forward and player Siuta left the game after 10 minutes with a concussion

Learned One

Allen Oxlade (6)
The forward pack was always going to be the difference and it definitely didn't help Marist when their best forward and player Siuta left the game after 10 minutes with a concussion

Agree. Siuta and to a lesser degree Oswald are the only shining lights in the Marist forward pack. Marist were well beaten in the forwards against Grammar as well.
The most dangerous back on the field was the Marist left winger who created a lot of grief for Eddies. He needs to get the ball a bit more often from the 15 though. in the backs ,Eddies were solid with 12 perhaps their best but no game breakers there.
Actually I'm struggling to justify the Eddies dominance of the rep squad .Hopefully the final squad will show a more realistic
Eddies representation.

Learned One

Allen Oxlade (6)
I think Marist may give SEC a shake this year.

Most certainly if last week's game is an indication. Marist didnt capitalise on their early dominance by mounting points . SEC don't appear this year to have a dominating prop who can just barge through at will so it may be more a contest of rugby skills than brute force. Two teams with different strengths and different patterns of play.

Don't forget Grammar who have a very strong and well coached forward pack .If they can get Tyson ( should be the ACT starting 10, if fit) playing and keep West ( stunning omission from the ACT squad) on the field to complement Rumble , their outstanding halfback, then Grammar may surprise both Marist and SEC.

Rogebylover

Frank Row (1)
Wests had a great game against st edmunds, showing alot of heart, to keep the score Very close. Not sure of the score, but st edmunds still won. But Wests played well against a strong eddies side. Did anyone else at the game see the amount of blood also?

Learned One

Allen Oxlade (6)
Wests had a great game against st edmunds, showing alot of heart, to keep the score Very close. Not sure of the score, but st edmunds still won. But Wests played well against a strong eddies side. Did anyone else at the game see the amount of blood also?
Fantastic to see Wests lift to challenge St Edmunds.
How many lads from Wests are in the ACT squad ???

Fishy

Frank Nicholson (4)
The long weekend is here, which teams do you think needed the break!

Surely injury lists are beginning to fill up, no team is invincible forever.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
any results from the schoolboys match..scores, stand-outs, poor performances etc.

Remember the Schoolboy Forum Rules if you are going to comment on "poor performances".

1. Speak respectfully to each other

Change: "What planet are you on? Player X was shithouse . "
To: "I didn't see it that way, I thought .

2. Speak respectfully about the players

Change: "Lazy fat bugger with no rugby brains"
To: "Needs to come off his wing and get more involved"

Not only are these statement more respectful, they are more accurate. "Lazy bugger" doesn't mean anything specific.

Fishy

Frank Nicholson (4)
Tips for the weekend?

Grammar v Eddies,

Marist v Vikings,

Wests v Royals

My tips:

Game 1: Too Close to call, may sound weird but from what I've heard about Grammar v Marist, and Grammar v Daramalan, they step up to important games.

Game 2: Marist comfortably by 20-30 points

Game 3: Royals Marginally. Going that well against Eddies, despite the mass loss to Marist the week prior... Wests have got some fire

Status
Not open for further replies.