• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

ACTJRU U18 & ACT Schools XV 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Does anybody have any tips on who may win the ACTJRU U18 comp in 2012? Will there by any players who will push for selection in the Australian Schools side?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Adog Have heard St Augustines from Sydney are playing a game this year against St edmunds in Canberra. keep an eye out for this

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
Eddies played Daramalan and beat them in a close game 1st trial. Then they beat St. Stanislaus and lost to St. Augustines on the weekend by a lot. The teams in 1st xv will be Wests, Eddies, Dara,Marist, Grammar, Vikings, and Uni Norths. Grammar looks really really good!

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Eddies played Daramalan and beat them in a close game 1st trial. Then they beat St. Stanislaus and lost to St. Augustines on the weekend by a lot. The teams in 1st xv will be Wests, Eddies, Dara,Marist, Grammar, Vikings, and Uni Norths. Grammar looks really really good!

I have heard that. Marist got beaten by St Gregs on the weekend, not sure how they went against St Peters. I have heard they were a joke against Gregs and probably wont even make the four. Eddies, grammar and vikings the favs I hear.

Constantine

Stan Wickham (3)
What makes Grammar look good this year? What have been theri results so far??

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Marist will make the top 4 and contest the title, against St Gregs they had 8 from their first xv still in Canberra playing in the regional sevens final. Vikings have lost at least 3 representative players of u18 age to Colts, and may lack depth to compete. Grammar will have Australian Schoolboy Tom Staniforth leading the way and he will be dominant in the comp this season. My prediction is Grammar to take it out this season.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Marist will make the top 4 and contest the title, against St Gregs they had 8 from their first xv still in Canberra playing in the regional sevens final. Vikings have lost at least 3 representative players of u18 age to Colts, and may lack depth to compete. Grammar will have Australian Schoolboy Tom Staniforth leading the way and he will be dominant in the comp this season. My prediction is Grammar to take it out this season.
Where do you see Eddies finishing FTS? I have been told Marist are awful. Havent seen them play, but heard their trial form has been somewhat ordinary to date. Its hard to beleive they put more emphasis on winning some mickey mouse 7's tournament rather than getting prepared for the season proper. I have also heard Eddies were terrible against St Augs in their trial and that my predictions for them could be way off the mark, can anybody confirm or deny?

FTS

Billy Sheehan (19)
Where do you see Eddies finishing FTS? I have been told Marist are awful. Havent seen them play, but heard their trial form has been somewhat ordinary to date. Its hard to beleive they put more emphasis on winning some mickey mouse 7's tournament rather than getting prepared for the season proper. I have also heard Eddies were terrible against St Augs in their trial and that my predictions for them could be way off the mark, can anybody confirm or deny?

The winner of the 7s final won a trip to the Gold Coast to contest the Aus titles and Marist have done that. Eddies will definitely finish top 4, although they got flogged by Auggies they did defeat Stannies from Bathurst. My predicted top 4 not in order would be Marist, Eddies, Grammar and Darramarlan.

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
Royals will also be in 1st XV this year. We (Uni Norths 1st XV) play them Rd 1 at Canberra Stadium 5;30 before the Tahs vs Brumbies game on May 5.

E

Eshlad

I'm a bit disappointed to see the negativity towards Marist in this forum, as I have been watching them closely through there trial matches and i believe they are looking pretty good, and most defiantly would be up there with eddies and grammar to contest the title. They have come away with wins against Chev college in Bowral, and a gutsy win against Kinross. They only lost against St Gregs and St Peters due to playing sides that were no were near full strength. And a close loss against a strong Barker side, with two key props and a ACT school boy fullback being out and not helped by some poor refereeing decisions especially a shocking yellow card to a key forward. As well as the 15 a side trials marist were dominant in the 7s, with no team really challenging the marist boys. This post maybe taken as biast amongst you fellas but i can assure you that i have no ties to marist, i just enjoy watching schoolboy footy.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'm a bit disappointed to see the negativity towards Marist in this forum, as I have been watching them closely through there trial matches and i believe they are looking pretty good, and most defiantly would be up there with eddies and grammar to contest the title. They have come away with wins against Chev college in Bowral, and a gutsy win against Kinross. They only lost against St Gregs and St Peters due to playing sides that were no were near full strength. And a close loss against a strong Barker side, with two key props and a ACT school boy fullback being out and not helped by some poor refereeing decisions especially a shocking yellow card to a key forward. As well as the 15 a side trials marist were dominant in the 7s, with no team really challenging the marist boys. This post maybe taken as biast amongst you fellas but i can assure you that i have no ties to marist, i just enjoy watching schoolboy footy.

Hopefully your right. Seems odd though they would play trials against some good schools, and some not so good in preparation for their season and pay more attention to a 7's comp? In any case, as I said I hope your right and that they are a competitor this year.

E

Eshlad

We will have to wait and see, winning the 7s comp does get marist to the national 7s at the Gold Coast at the end of the season. You are right though, all attention should have gone into trials. Should be an interesting match up between Marist and Grammar this weekend though!

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
It's a pity that uni-Norths do not play as Norths, seeing as though very few (read: none) will have any actual connection to the universities.

Kudos to uni for the work they are doing with the u18's however, it's great to see another team competing in the black division.

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It's a pity that uni-Norths do not play as Norths, seeing as though very few (read: none) will have any actual connection to the universities.

Kudos to uni for the work they are doing with the u18's however, it's great to see another team competing in the black division.

Will we ever see a time when Norths may be strong enough, and producing enough juniors to stand alone again? Surely with both Uni's now playing rugby they could be strong enough without Norths propping them up. Uni was once upon a time solely based out of ANU and were pretty strong then. When the two clubs merged both were pretty dire and needing each others assistance, Norths seniors had been run into the ground despite a stong junior base. These days Uni they would always require UC to assist them with player support but who knows maybe the galloping greens of North canberra could re-emerge and stand alone....maybe

angrydog

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Will we ever see a time when Norths may be strong enough, and producing enough juniors to stand alone again? Surely with both Uni's now playing rugby they could be strong enough without Norths propping them up. Uni was once upon a time solely based out of ANU and were pretty strong then. When the two clubs merged both were pretty dire and needing each others assistance, Norths seniors had been run into the ground despite a stong junior base. These days Uni they would always require UC to assist them with player support but who knows maybe the galloping greens of North canberra could re-emerge and stand alone....maybe

PS the advantage of this? eight clubs in the senior comp again and no need for a bye.

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
the Uni norths vs Royals 18 div1 game is the curtain raiser at 5;30 to the Brumbies vs Waratahs this saturday.

uninorths

Frank Nicholson (4)
RD 1 Results (from what I've been told)
Uni - Norths 21 - 10 Royals
Eddies 65 - 12 Daramalan
Grammar 32 - 22 Marist
Vikings 32 - 24 Wests

Status
Not open for further replies.