• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AFL Season 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
For any of those interested, AFL talk in here!

Season has just begun and Carlton beat Richmond tonight, and to be honest it was a pretty boring game. Not sure if I'm particularly excited about this years season as I have been in the past. But perhaps that has something to do with the Demons - whom I support - and their horrid run of form.

Doggies to be the big player this year, but look out for Collingwood, I expect them to make a statement this year.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
Should be a good year for the AFL. There are a lot of teams who could win it; Cats, Saints, Dogs, Magpies, Lions are all very good chances.

Richmond looked very fucking ordinary in the first quarter last night but slowly improved. My hawks better have a better year than last years pitiful effort. I believe we're playing your Demons first up Reddy, should be a good game.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeh it should be, but I expect the Hawks to win and perhaps run away with it in the last quarter. From a Demons perspective I am interested in seeing how our new draft picks go in Scully and Trengove. Both are starting and both seem ready for AFL. Hard to believe they are only 18 but are both the fittest in our squad.

But you are right, there is plently of competition for the top 4 this year. I think the Lions are being slightly overrated because of the Fev factor, but we'll see.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Good to see another Hawks supporter on here!

I'm enthusiastic for our prospects this year. Although, after this weekend I don't think Collingwood is a smokey anymore.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
One thing you have been able to count on in the last few years is that the Hawks have had the wood on them. You could tell how bad we were going last year because we only managed to knock them over by 8 or 9 goals each time we played, instead of 15 or 16 like the 2008.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
stoff said:
One thing you have been able to count on in the last few years is that the Hawks have had the wood on them. You could tell how bad we were going last year because we only managed to knock them over by 8 or 9 goals each time we played, instead of 15 or 16 like the 2008.

Maybe, maybe not.

They're not religiously hugging the sideline anymore. Which is why they always lost to the Hawks.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Wow, heart broken today. My Demons almost upset the cocky arrogant Magpies. If only Petterd had taken that mark. gahh Umps were rubbish as well today which didn't help.

In a season or 2 (or even this one) you are going to hear alot about Trengove and Grimes. Good kids, will be superstars in the near future.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Agree with last poster re: Dees - had a very good crack.

Hawks were robbed. Apparently Ablett can do no wrong, including holding or dropping the ball. May be a bit pissed after the game. When are the Rebels starting - looking forward to being able to be dis-illusioned about a sport I played more and understand better.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
stoff said:

Hawks were robbed. Apparently Ablett can do no wrong, including holding or dropping the ball. May be a bit pissed after the game. When are the Rebels starting - looking forward to being able to be dis-illusioned about a sport I played more and understand better.

I understand both games pretty well (played both at various times of my life). I'm not sure Hawks were robbed so much, they still have a lot of improvement and their lack of an extra ruckman really hurt them.

You reckon you'll be going to the Rebels games? I have bunch of people who are talking about getting memberships and going along.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
First win of the season wahoo!

What about Freo? I have no idea how they have risen back to the top so quickly. Good on 'em.

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
James Buchanan said:
stoff said:

I understand both games pretty well (played both at various times of my life). I'm not sure Hawks were robbed so much, they still have a lot of improvement and their lack of an extra ruckman really hurt them.

You reckon you'll be going to the Rebels games? I have bunch of people who are talking about getting memberships and going along.

Yep - probably weren't robbed, but my judgement was somewhat clouded by a session at the pub after the game.

Will definitely be heading to the Rebels games. I also know a few people who are having similar thoughts. It would be good to try and get a bit of a G&GR crew together when the information about membership starts to come out.

Now back on topic. The Hawks definitely felt that lack of a second ruckman yesterday. Roughead's jump at the ruck looked more suited to basketball, and you could notice the difference in the center clearances when Renouf was being rested. The fourth quarter fade in the last two weeks has been dissappointing, but at least we have been running with some of the stronger teams pretty well for most of the game. Looking forward to beating the Pies this week.

cheezel

Bill Watson (15)
Good idea with getting some rebel memberships for some. I will be in line for that, very keen to see some live rugby and the Booroondara Redbacks aren't doing it for me at the moment.

Hawks have folded in the last two games right at the end. Should be a cracker against collingwood.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Yeah, we're definitely struggling later on in games, which is disappointing.

However, the intensity that the playing group has is similar to that of 2008, which is positive.

E

EnergizerTaz

AFL propose to move grand final from September to October!!!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27015684-5018851,00.html

What a stupid, bloody idea. And this coming from a bloke who's not even a celebrated fan of most traditions. :angryfire:

What do you lads think? Are the bosses turning into nancy boys or do they have a point.

I say scrap the pre-season, it's virtually useless anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.