• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Roll Away Black 7

What's going on in AIC Rugby for 2011 ?

Can Villa do it again ? :baxter:

D

Doc

What is this AIC rugby you speak of? ???

Will be interesting, Ashgrove in particular were poor this year, but their 16s looked good. SLC I haven't seen for a while and who knows about the rest of them. Hopefully Villas rise means it is no longer a one game competition.

R

Roll Away Black 7

I understand what you are saying. Ashgrove's 16's did look good and will be hard to toss. I am told there is a bit of a rugby revolution happenning at St. Peter's, with a rebuild of the face of the game there. They looked good at times last year in the lower age groups but no consistency. That's probably all about depth.

Iona and Lauries will be interesting to watch. Any news on Eddies and SPC ?

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
don't know any of the history of this schools association, but im catching that its the equivalent of the CAS in sydney?

got bored so i redid its logo based on the CAS one....

Attachments

• aic.jpg
    aic.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 462
R

rugby_09

I heard Padua were dark horses of the compition next year. We will have to wait and see with that one. SEC were a surprise package this year and what i have heard have a very big and strong forward pack. Also Pats have a very good 16's age group and could make something of that. I think you will see a different top 4 then usual. my top 4 are 1SEC 2Pats 3Padua 4Ashgrove. Looks weird but AIC is turning on its head

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
don't know any of the history of this schools association, but im catching that its the equivalent of the CAS in sydney?

got bored so i redid its logo based on the CAS one....

RF, let me be the first of the resident pedants to point out that the word "independent" doesn't have an "a" in it. Correctly other people's spelling and grammar is rightly considered rude in forums, but an exception is surely justified for a misspelt logo.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
yeh Lindo pointed it out with a pm about a minute after I posted it, i fixed it up in my master file, but couldn't bother replacing it here. Still, I think its better than their current one.

W

Wantok

Villa will be missing the nucleus of 8 or more players that made them unbeatable in 2010 ( including 3 Qld players and One Aussie schoolboy) - My tip for 2011 is Eddies assuming they also do not lose too many players from last season.
AIC is "real" schoolboy rugby led by "real" students so results can vary markedly from year to year.

R

Roll Away Black 7

So what was it that caught your eye at Eddies Wantok ?

W

Wantok

Eddies where unlucky to lose to Villa in a very tough physical encounter - they looked a young team with many returning for 2011 better for the experience.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Villa went down to St Augustines last year and was bashed and bruised and the final score was Auggies-lots, Villa-12 or something. Although Auggies did have two aussie schoolboys playing ( Malietoa Hingano and Rhys Dombkins- A's) To Villa's James Klaassen. Auggies will be going to Villa this year so should be interesting match and have an early identification on wether villa boys can pull it out again.

Runner

Nev Cottrell (35)
i understand that Villa played well against St Augustines with it being early in their preparations. Auggies had already been to NZ on a tour and defeated both Christchurch Boys High and Southlands Boys High. Don't write Villa off.

StewP

Bob McCowan (2)
Eddies where unlucky to lose to Villa in a very tough physical encounter - they looked a young team with many returning for 2011 better for the experience.
Eddies is maturing as a true Rugby School and is quickly shedding the mungo League tag which for years has held back their Rugby program

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
st Augustines to play Villa at Villa on 12 April. First run for Auggies this year. i believe they are taking their entire first XV as they are preparing for Japan

W

Wantok

I will have to wander out to Villa Park to watch that game.
Someone who watched last years trial game told me Villa won the first half very convincingly , particularly in the forwards .
St Auggies then ran out the "real" team for the second half and beat them convincingly.
However I am told Villa where far from disgraced and indeed showed some of the form that led to winning the AIC Qld comp.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
I know for a fact that some Ashgrove players who were going into year 11 have left for the "brighter lights" of the GPS competition (after being offered scholarships) which will hurt not only the AIC comp but a proud rugby school like Ashgrove. Personally I think that there should be some kind of ban on GPS schools offering scholarships to AIC school students. Anyway looking forward to a good season all teams look pretty evenly matched this year although Patties, Eddies, Padua, Ashgrove and Lauries I'm going to guess will be slightly ahead of the others

A

alc14

Eddies is maturing as a true Rugby School and is quickly shedding the mungo League tag which for years has held back their Rugby program

eddies play ipswich grammar in a few weeks for a trial be intresting if they can compete

StewP

Bob McCowan (2)
eddies play ipswich grammar in a few weeks for a trial be intresting if they can compete
Eddies are playing the curtain-raiser to the Reds-Cheetahs game at Suncorp next weekend against TGS. Interesting to see how they go and to see how TGS perform under their new coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.