• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CalvinH

discuss the new upcoming first teams for 2012.

AIC Schools
- Marist College Ashgrove
- St Edmunds College
- Padua College
- St Patricks College
- St Laurences College
- Iona College
- St Peters Luteren
- Villanova College

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
I'm predicting a rampant St Laurences team to run amok and tear apart all and sundry on their way to a well deserved unbeaten premiership.

I have literally nothing to back that up. Just wishful thinking :)

C

CalvinH

Possible first XV team, will they perform?

1 - Alex Hatzis
2 - Sam Richards
3 - Kirby O'Brien
4 - Samuel Butterworth
5 - Adam Smith
6 - Ryan McHugh
7 - Hayden Russell (c)
8 - Xavier Bell/Shayden McKay/Jordan Scholl
9 - Damon Bingham/Aidan Beers
10 - Timothy Robinson/Jordan Scholl
11 - Mitchell Hanlon/William Kennedy
12 - Jordan Scholl/Shayden McKay/Xavier Bell
13 - Jack Dempsey/Frazer Watson/Mitchell Hanlon
14 - Batu Maladina/Kevin Sailor/Frazer Watson
15 - Frazer Watson/Jack Dempsey/Timothy Pollock/Timothy Robinson

a team full of utility players if you ask me. ;S

X

Xavier Bell

Hmmmmmmm As i ponder on the list you have drawn i figure you must be one that knows a fair bit about this team. If my name isnt already a deadset give away as to who i am shoot me with a gun. You have got what everyones thinking pretty much nailed down but your missing. Nick White, if you ask me he is one of the most developed and skillfull props/hooker for his grade and our age group.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Hmmmmmmm As i ponder on the list you have drawn i figure you must be one that knows a fair bit about this team. If my name isnt already a deadset give away as to who i am shoot me with a gun. You have got what everyones thinking pretty much nailed down but your missing. Nick White, if you ask me he is one of the most developed and skillfull props/hooker for his grade and our age group.

Xav you really should make another profile, ya can't have your real name as it!

C

CalvinH

xavier, ive been watching this team develop from grade 8. besides the new inclusions i find it to be a formidable team whith premiership contention, what has let me down is that there are some suberb backs and forwards, but boys playing out of position and i think you might knw very well as who i am talking about. The 10 has seemed to set his place well, but i feel the 12,13,15 are all playing out of position, possiblely move them into the forwards and let them play there best ever rugby.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
Boys i believe to be threats for each school:

Marist: Tevita Maka
SEC: Andrew Manu, Rory Humphries, Lachlan Roe
Padua: Garrath Ryan, Joe O'Toole, Tom Richter
Iona: Brad Wilkin, Brannagh Corcoran
Villanova: Brayden Torpie, Aaron Sorridimi
St. Peters: Moses Rambi, Eddie Wasaga, Jordan Tkatchenko
St. Pats: ?????
St. Lauries: Alex Hatzis, Xavier Bell, Hayden Russell

D

dleezy02

My early tip would have to be Eddies. Players such as Lachlan Roe, Andrew Manu, Landon Hayes, Wilson Bennett and now Jordan Perese is quality I believe can't be matched in the AIC competition from the other schools next year.

T

The Chainsaw

1 - Alex Hatzis
2 - Sam Richards
3 - Kirby O'Brien
4 - Samuel Butterworth
5 - Adam Smith
6 - Ryan McHugh
7 - Hayden Russell (c)

T

The Chainsaw

The word around Tigerland is that lauros is flying in a full-time coaching directer from New Zealand. They are parently quiet serious. From what i herethere are some exceptional players like Hatzis and Russell and a fairly good centrew called Bell. My spies say that there is a good lock called Archie Smith whose a volleyball player, a winger called Sailor (a relative of Wendall), a hooker called Jordan O'Brian and an Aussie Rules played called Graham.

R

rugby684

My early tip would have to be Eddies. Players such as Lachlan Roe, Andrew Manu, Landon Hayes, Wilson Bennett and now Jordan Perese is quality I believe can't be matched in the AIC competition from the other schools next year.

Landon Hayes does not go to eddies.

C

CalvinH

What do you think would be your best team for S Laurences College in 2012, including reserves.

M

Modern Day Hippies

1 - Alex Hatzis
2 - Sam Richards
3 - Kirby O'Brien
4 - Samuel Butterworth
5 - Adam Smith
6 - Ryan McHugh
7 - Hayden Russell (c)

Probably one of the most interesting match ups for this team will come down to who wears the 9 jersey. Based on my opinion and my opinion only, i believe the Bingham boy deserves it, he posses the skills needed for a genuine scrum half. However, that's not to say Aidan Beiers can't fill this role, for anyone who watched the St. Laurence's 16A's this year would know what he is capable of, but there is just that little something missing from his game, that i can't quite put my finger on... will be an interesting pre-season for the Lauries fellas.

D

drugby

Probably one of the most interesting match ups for this team will come down to who wears the 9 jersey. Based on my opinion and my opinion only, i believe the Bingham boy deserves it, he posses the skills needed for a genuine scrum half. However, that's not to say Aidan Beiers can't fill this role, for anyone who watched the St. Laurence's 16A's this year would know what he is capable of, but there is just that little something missing from his game, that i can't quite put my finger on... will be an interesting pre-season for the Lauries fellas.
With repsonse to the captain i believe hayden russel and samuel butterworth are the main contenders for this role. Hayden russel has great enthusiasm and experience after playing 1stXV, whilst butterworth has been captaining the 16"s side since grade 8. Either one will do the job in my opinion.

X

Xavier Bell

I wouldnt worry about Xavier Bell he has way too much of a head for himself and thinks he knows everything about the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.