• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
Try not to leave Lauries out of the radar.Ash almost lost to them defending at their 5m line for almost half of the second Half. Great defence from the Ash fowards. The only thing ash lacks is speed in the back line which is where st peters may have an advantage in. But there will probably be a new lad who will be on the John Eales scholarship, not sure where he will play but he will definetly be in a position where the current 16As lack which is probably on the wing or outside centre. Although with 5 grade 11 players in the first, Ash will have A very tough time against Iona ( Dawson, Wilkin) and Peters ( Bennett, kepa, and aiden).
You also have 8 iona kids who will be in firsts and a few peters i know there whole front row is yr 11 this year

Rugby Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
Looks like 2013 will have similiar scoreboards as this year. very tight.
Correct me if im wrong but i believe the 16 A's from Iona this year had been undefeated since year five until they lost their first game to Ash this year and that was mostly because their start players were playing firsts... ?

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
Correct me if im wrong but i believe the 16 A's from Iona this year had been undefeated since year five until they lost their first game to Ash this year and that was mostly because their start players were playing firsts. ?
Yes that is true...I believe ash won the game through their fowards on what was a day filled with mud and rain. Iona rugby maybe back on surface next year as they have the likes of Wilkin.

Rugby Ball

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yes that is true.I believe ash won the game through their fowards on what was a day filled with mud and rain. Iona rugby maybe back on surface next year as they have the likes of Wilkin.
wilkin, dawson, wiffler, burke, hola, lewis, smith and ozanne all look set to play first XV next year as they are in yr 11 and should stay with the team

F

FootyBoy17

doesn't dean go to tss ? he played 1sts rugby at Churchie so he must be somewhat of a decent rugby player

Alias33

Bob McCowan (2)
Sounds like Iona will have a team next year thats been together for ages. It will come down to who meshes the best as a team and performs under the expectations.

As we all saw this year, Eddies were the team expected to take it all with Ashgrove considered their main rival. Just saw a post from the first few pages from this feed where someone suggested Peter’s may be alright this year and then everyone laughed at the poor bugger and asked him if he was ‘serious’ and was he ‘for real.’ The rest is history.

It’s much too early to pencil any school in due to the fact that their may be some star 16’s next year who force their way in, injuries to key players or new players from outside the school. Padua and Pats have as much chance as Iona or Peter’s.

G

GoldenEye

spoken like a true non-biased eddies supporter

Are you honestly going to say duma won't be able to hold his own after one of the most prolific try scoring seasons we've seen in recent memory.

James Klaassen who made Aussie A in 2010 scored something like 15/16 tries in 7 games and quite a few in 2009 as well.

A

AGB

The number 8 from St Pats, Tom Drew would have to be a bit stiff about not making aic 1 or 2. Watching from the outside he was a dynamic ball runner. I think he scored around 8-9 trys this year, he found holes in every defence.

bluebags

Larry Dwyer (12)
Can any Marist lads tell me what happened to Sam Giltrap. From what I saw of him last year and the trial games this year I figured he would be a certainty for firsts.

ruggun11

Peter Burge (5)
Can any Marist lads tell me what happened to Sam Giltrap. From what I saw of him last year and the trial games this year I figured he would be a certainty for firsts.
He was injured, i am unsure with what though. He played the final game in the 2nds however

G

Galloper95

giltrap injured himself in the match against waverley in sydney where he tore the cartilage from his ribs as well as a getting a shoulder injury in the same match after injuring his ribs

tripod

Stan Wickham (3)
My Thoughts on a possible Queensland 16's backline..

#9 James Tuttle (Nudgee)
#10 Mack Mason (Downlands)
#11 Elijah Alick (BSHS)
#12 Henry Devine/Jaidon Schafer (Ashgrove/Churchie)
#13 Henry Devine/Jaidon Schafer/Todd Dawson (Ashgrove/Churchie/Iona)
#14 Narhyl Bennett/Riley Brennen (St Peters/Nudgee)
#15 Adrian Aiden/Mitch Treleaven (St Peters/Ashgrove)

Think your on the money with this line up!

D

damo1

actually, an observer from outside the AIC altogether. this comment people are making about gps not playing enough rugby is simply false, all teams were training by early term 1, whilst some like acgs and nudgee having been playing games since before christmas. not to mention all the club rugby. i am by no means saying sorridimi or ryan are bad players, but front rower's in the gps like sikimeti and pleash are both favoured for yet another year of representing their state at open level. as for duma, he faces the momentous task of facing loane or filiea (Ioane already having played one year at the national tournament). As for the AIC team last year, players like kent and palolua, who is playing for the reds this weekend, boosted that team. Some serious depth issues in that AIC 1 Team, particularly the back line and back row with exceptions for humphries. even the gold oldie jordan perese has past his expiry.

Please bear in mind that Alex Hatzis from SLC who has been selected in AIC2 this year was chosen on the bench for Qld1 last year, but withdrew due to injury. He will be on the selectors radar this year as well

faceforrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
Is it true that Ashgrove go uncontested in the 15 A's this year. I hear from a Lauries dad that every year the team (currently U15) plays Asgrove, Ash go uncontested in the first 10 minutes without injury as they can not match up in the scrums.

Status
Not open for further replies.