• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Villacat

Don't know where you get your info from but Eddies don't offer scholarships so any imports you might be referring to are just boys that have moved to the area.

I actually have pretty good knowledge that you are wrong here. Eddies is cherry picking all of the local Rugby talent from Western corridor schools.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I actually have pretty good knowledge that you are wrong here. Eddies is cherry picking all of the local Rugby talent from Western corridor schools.

Can you pleas elaborate on these sources because from what i know of the 'western' corridor there isn't much union talent as it is one of the biggest league talent pools in the country. Also I doubt eddies would hand out much scholarships being a Christian brothers school as it is against there ethos (yet nudgee ignore that), this coupled with the fact they would have to compete with the scholarships on offer at grammar make me think what your saying is unlikely. SEC might be liek other christian brothers schools where they help structure the finances of families who can't afford to send there kids to the school i.e they pay a weekly sum instead of semester .
The other concept that makes your idea a moot point is that when talking to people at QLD trials this year it was pointed out that 7 or 8 of the SEC firsts team are signed to NRL clubs........so i don't think you could consider them 'rugby' talent

G

G4DAD

Don't pathetic and funny is Peters'? haha.it makes me laugh when I see their videos.Just one premiership and they make their players look like superstars..try show some nobility okay..

Indeed, I pressed the SUPERSTAR button on the camera, none of the rugby in that footage is real, it's all special effects designed to upset you and you only. Rather than dribbling your opinions, trolling this forum and bringing good rugby into disrepute, grab a camera and show us what good rugby looks like, you might actually have the opportunity to get a closer look at what's happening on the field and not some imaginary head trip based on what should have been.

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
...... then you have a whole list of players who have left, bill pendlebury, michael cochrane, tumua setefano, kurt nuske, isaac rokeby. When all these boys were in the team which was U14's, they were the standouts of the comp (went through undefeated). ........

What's happened to Bill Pendlebury? Is he still playing rugby and if so - where? I knew him when he was at the Vikings club in Wollongong before his family relocated to QLD! He was a very promising lad! I hope he's still with our game although he was a pretty handy Oz-baller as well! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.