• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Connors

Sydney Middleton (9)
Discuss the new upcoming first teams for 2013.

AIC Schools
- Marist College Ashgrove
- St Edmunds College
- Padua College
- St Patricks College
- St Laurences College
- Iona College
- St Peters Lutheran College
- Villanova College

People were starting to talk about the 2013 season in the 2012 thread so we may aswell talk about 2013 here.

erossi93

Allen Oxlade (6)
Biggest Contenders would definetly be Iona, Ash, Peters & Lauries.

Agreed with your predictions on the top 4. This Iona age group that will be in First XV next year is very strong and has plenty of depth to work with. Won a few A's premierships over the years I believe. As for Ashgrove, they will be strong as per usual and expect them to be fighting for the premiership after last years loss. St. Peters proved many people wrong last year and with some of their players returning next year, they could have another season of victories. Lauries have struggled for the past 2 years and I expect that they will bounce back in 2013 with plenty of style and talent that we are so used to seeing from the Lauries men back in the earlier days of AIC.

Eddies and Padua will be in a rebuilding stage, but expect them to have very strong outfits in First XV for the 2014 season. Both schools will have younger First XV teams next year, with the majority of players coming from year 11. Not sure about Villa or Pats for next season, but from this years results I think Pats will be in for another year of struggles. Pats under 15's are weak overall based on their results from 2011. Villa might have another average season but might challenge a few teams. I'm predicting an outright Iona premiership. Big call but they look pretty good on paper at the moment.

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
Agreed with your predictions on the top 4. This Iona age group that will be in First XV next year is very strong and has plenty of depth to work with. Won a few A's premierships over the years I believe. As for Ashgrove, they will be strong as per usual and expect them to be fighting for the premiership after last years loss. St. Peters proved many people wrong last year and with some of their players returning next year, they could have another season of victories. Lauries have struggled for the past 2 years and I expect that they will bounce back in 2013 with plenty of style and talent that we are so used to seeing from the Lauries men back in the earlier days of AIC.

Eddies and Padua will be in a rebuilding stage, but expect them to have very strong outfits in First XV for the 2014 season. Both schools will have younger First XV teams next year, with the majority of players coming from year 11. Not sure about Villa or Pats for next season, but from this years results I think Pats will be in for another year of struggles. Pats under 15's are weak overall based on their results from 2011. Villa might have another average season but might challenge a few teams. I'm predicting an outright Iona premiership. Big call but they look pretty good on paper at the moment.
2014 will definetly be the year for padua and eddies....I cannot see the current ash 15As coming in the top three with no star players in their team or their 14As.

J

John_doe

Eddies have quite a strong under 15's team recruiting some good league talent

3DD!3$01D80Y

Eddies have quite a strong under 15's team recruiting some good league talent
The U15 A's for eddies have 2 centres that made Queensland, and they also won the premiership. Stand outs in the U15's that will most likely play first are Derece Anae, Kain Humphrey's (Rory Humphrey's younger brother), Clifton Setu, Carter Auld (Made QLD U15), Izaia Perese (Younger brother of Jordan Perese, also made QLD U15).

2014 will be the year once again for Eddies as they have a U14 A's (undefeated) and U15 A's who won their premiership this year.

J

John_doe

Any idea how eddies came about acquiring these guys, as I've been following this age group since grade 8 I do not remember the 12 playing last year, however very talented age group and yes testimony to there star centres performing. As for your prediction,I wouldn't count out the rest of the teams in this age group, with ashgrove a strong unit even if they are lacking star power, iona with a great group, lauries who have shown this age group can be very good winning in under 14's undefeated, padua very strong coming off the development in Europe, and teams like pats and peters all getting better and better every year, it's by far a one sided competition and i believe a lot of boys will be producing great performances.

E

EliteLeague

Would have to agree with the Iona prediction. With #8 Brad Wilkin only in year 11, it creates a dangerous threat to the other teams as his 3rd year in the first XV looms. Whats the evidence that Lauries will be strong? I know in the 15A's they only won a couple of games and I cant see their 16's proving to provide adequate depth to match teams like Iona and Ashgrove.
On another note, I was lucky enough to watch the Ashgrove 16A's play 1 game this year, and during this time I was blown away by the immense talent coming through the ranks. Their movement of the ball, decision making and mental toughness really stood out.
Finally, let us not underestimate the power of Villanova in 2013. I believe in 2011, this age group went through the season undefeated despite losing to a tough Iona pack. With the likes of Batch #8, Doversand #5, Zahner #13, Stokes #11 all in the starting line up in the 2012 team, it surely proves their depth. With the likes of talent such as McBride #10, and Beal #7/6 it surely will be an interesting year in 2013. All the best to all 8 colleges participating within the upcoming season.
My prediction - Iona.

J

John_doe

Elite league on the ball with the Iona prediction very strong with the likes of Wilkin leading them next year, Lauries 15A's although losing three games, two games that they lost to padua and eddies were both by 2-3 points in the dying minutes of the game which they were both leading, and only getting dominated by Iona's 15 A's with their huge outside centre, hardly anything for them to be down on. The 16's at Lauries have always been a weak age group but with a solid( definitely not the best) but a solid forward back they should be no walk over next year. Yes having witnessed ashgrove's 16's very impressive, their on line defence is to be commended and some great attacking rugby, the same could be said for iona's 16's.

faceforrugby

Frank Nicholson (4)
Is it true that Ashgrove go uncontested in the 15 A's this year. I hear from a Lauries dad that every year the team (currently U15) plays Asgrove, Ash go uncontested in the first 10 minutes without injury as they can not match up in the scrums.

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
I saw SPLC play this year. And for them to be premiers, well, it doesn't say much about the comp in 2012. Their game was boring and lacked game sense. Their game plan based on pick and drive. Hey, I say this in a game starting from 70m from the try line!! I guess the proof was their very poor representation in Qld rep teams.
Facts are though, the Aic comp over the last several seasons has proved to be very competitive with numerous schools winning. Shows what a lack of imports can do.
Shame is the skills and speed don't match what the GPS roll out.
All the spectator wants is a contest and that is very much the case in Aic rugby. In the end GPS this year will deliver the same old three or four and a gap to the rest.

bsparx

Herbert Moran (7)
I saw SPLC play this year. And for them to be premiers, well, it doesn't say much about the comp in 2012. Their game was boring and lacked game sense. Their game plan based on pick and drive. Hey, I say this in a game starting from 70m from the try line!! I guess the proof was their very poor representation in Qld rep teams.
Facts are though, the Aic comp over the last several seasons has proved to be very competitive with numerous schools winning. Shows what a lack of imports can do.
Shame is the skills and speed don't match what the GPS roll out.
All the spectator wants is a contest and that is very much the case in Aic rugby. In the end GPS this year will deliver the same old three or four and a gap to the rest.
No that was more like Ashgroves game play. Peters had a very predictable game where they would just pass it to Duma then watch him score.

V

Villacat

Any idea how eddies came about acquiring these guys, as I've been following this age group since grade 8 I do not remember the 12 playing last year, however very talented age group and yes testimony to there star centres performing. As for your prediction,I wouldn't count out the rest of the teams in this age group, with ashgrove a strong unit even if they are lacking star power, iona with a great group, lauries who have shown this age group can be very good winning in under 14's undefeated, padua very strong coming off the development in Europe, and teams like pats and peters all getting better and better every year, it's by far a one sided competition and i believe a lot of boys will be producing great performances.

Good question - but Eddies will tell you they aren't offering incentives for them to be there.

Just because you are recruiting them in year 9, doesn't mean you aren't recruiting. Eddies have been on a recruitment drive to bring in talent from everywhere other than kids who just enrolled at the school because their parents thought it was a fine educational institution, since day one under the current establishment. Yet Eddies old boys will scream that they don't recruit and will point the finger at Peters etc.

Eddies Rugby was a joke, now they recruit they can compete, but don't dress it up any other way.

stevet

Stan Wickham (3)
Good question - but Eddies will tell you they aren't offering incentives for them to be there.

Just because you are recruiting them in year 9, doesn't mean you aren't recruiting. Eddies have been on a recruitment drive to bring in talent from everywhere other than kids who just enrolled at the school because their parents thought it was a fine educational institution, since day one under the current establishment. Yet Eddies old boys will scream that they don't recruit and will point the finger at Peters etc.

Eddies Rugby was a joke, now they recruit they can compete, but don't dress it up any other way.
Gee mate you wouldn't know shit if it was stuck to your shoe or maybe its stuck in your ears Eddies don't recruit players. I moved my son to Eddies in year nine and he had never played a game of rugby in his life but this year he played firsts and also played in the National Indigenous side at this years U16 nationals and this is all due to the rugby program in place at Eddies. Most of the kids at Eddies are from a league background and are not exposed to rugby until grade eight unlike other schools in this competition so it is not surprising that most Eddies teams don't hit their straps until their second or third year but I'm looking forward to this changing come 2015 when year seven move into the high school system. So just to just to reiterate maybe you should keep your dumb ass incorrect opinion to yourself!

Johnny13

Peter Burge (5)
I say this on behalf of every AIC follow. Eddies will not win the comp. No chance so lets stop talking about the glory hunters from Ipswich.

New topic for us all,
Who will be the captains of the respective teams???

stevet

Stan Wickham (3)
I say this on behalf of every AIC follow. Eddies will not win the comp. No chance so lets stop talking about the glory hunters from Ipswich.

New topic for us all,
We will see I don't think there will be to much in it but just remember we had the best representation at the U16 national carnival of any AIC school. This years comp will be a hard one to win with up to four schools in the mix one bad game from any school could decide the top positions and I don,t think you can go on last years U16 results as no one can say how these teams would have fared if the boys playing first XV were included.

stevet

Stan Wickham (3)

New topic for us all,
We will see, I don't think there will be to much in it but just remember we had the best representation at the U16 national carnival of any AIC school. This years comp will be a hard one to win with up to four schools in the mix one bad game from any school could decide the top positions and I don,t think you can go on last years U16 results as no one can say how these teams would have fared if the boys playing first XV were included.

Matt

Frank Row (1)
Gee mate you wouldn't know shit if it was stuck to your shoe or maybe its stuck in your ears Eddies don't recruit players. I moved my son to Eddies in year nine and he had never played a game of rugby in his life but this year he played firsts and also played in the National Indigenous side at this years U16 nationals and this is all due to the rugby program in place at Eddies. Most of the kids at Eddies are from a league background and are not exposed to rugby until grade eight unlike other schools in this competition so it is not surprising that most Eddies teams don't hit their straps until their second or third year but I'm looking forward to this changing come 2015 when year seven move into the high school system. So just to just to reiterate maybe you should keep your dumb ass incorrect opinion to yourself!

Why do Eddies coaches attend Ipswich Primary District sport, primary school met west trials etc.. Same as what Ippy grammar do and many other schools?
Least Ippy grammar have a junior school and can claim they were watching their own students (part of the time) what is Eddie's excuse for being there? Director of Rugby was grabbing a coffee at Indro and just happened to be in area and then as a paid member of school staff stayed at trials all day?

I don't know how 'informed' your opinion is Steve T.......

stevet

Stan Wickham (3)
Why do Eddies coaches attend Ipswich Primary District sport, primary school met west trials etc.. Same as what Ippy grammar do and many other schools?
Least Ippy grammar have a junior school and can claim they were watching their own students (part of the time) what is Eddie's excuse for being there? Director of Rugby was grabbing a coffee at Indro and just happened to be in area and then as a paid member of school staff stayed at trials all day?

I don't know how 'informed' your opinion is Steve T...
You got shit in your ears to mate who knows why he was there but you can bet it wasn't to look for talent to offer scholarships too because unlike your school they do not offer them. Director of rugby is not the only thing he does at the school so who knows why he was there not me not you, so gossip girl maybe your not as informed as you think.

Johnny13

Peter Burge (5)
You got shit in your ears to mate who knows why he was there but you can bet it wasn't to look for talent to offer scholarships too because unlike your school they do not offer them. Director of rugby is not the only thing he does at the school so who knows why he was there not me not you, so gossip girl maybe your not as informed as you think.
They do recruit as well. Sorry to say. Even with there Rugby Program that they have, they do not have the ability to win it. Ashgrove or Iona will be 1st xv champs

Status
Not open for further replies.