• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AIC Hound

Quality wrap from qldRU there, well at least the first half of what was said. All that chat about Villa being the dark horses and SLC not finishing top 6 is purely chat. Villa beat SLC fair and square today and kudos to the Villa outfit. The SLC boys appeared to forget they were playing rugby in the first 10 minutes of the first half and let Villa run in 3 tries, this making all the difference. Full credit to the Villa outfit for playing that aggressive attacking rugby from the kickoff. In saying that, I would say the teams were fairly evenly matched, possibly with SLC being the stronger team towards the end of the first half and throughout the second. I don't think Villa will be able to play that style of rugby they did from the kickoff for more than 15 minutes, and this was evidenced today. Also, Cameron Torpy (13) did not make a single tackle where he lead with his arms. He had put on about 4 or 5 shoulder charges before he had a 10 minute breather and easily deserved that card. He put a few seriously dangerous hits on, possibly something he does in league, I don't know! Also, it is worth mentioning that all of his crash balls were handled well by SLC with numerous text book tackles from the SLC skipper Joel Mead on Torpy. I also beg to differ about the 10/12/13 combo of Villa. The scrum half, Eli Lui was the difference between the two teams. He got his team out of trouble inside their 22 numerous times. Finally, the Villa defense, from what I saw today is nowhere near premiership level. SLC scored 3 tries and that would have been possibly 5 if it wasn't for poor execution (on SLC's behalf) such as simple drop balls and suspect refereeing calls. I cannot comment on SLC's goal line defines as this wasn't tested as Villa scored all their tries by spreading the ball to the outside backs. Enjoy your AIC Rugby - AIC Hound out.

Codeunion

Peter Burge (5)
Quality wrap from qldRU there, well at least the first half of what was said. All that chat about Villa being the dark horses and SLC not finishing top 6 is purely chat. Villa beat SLC fair and square today and kudos to the Villa outfit. The SLC boys appeared to forget they were playing rugby in the first 10 minutes of the first half and let Villa run in 3 tries, this making all the difference. Full credit to the Villa outfit for playing that aggressive attacking rugby from the kickoff. In saying that, I would say the teams were fairly evenly matched, possibly with SLC being the stronger team towards the end of the first half and throughout the second. I don't think Villa will be able to play that style of rugby they did from the kickoff for more than 15 minutes, and this was evidenced today. Also, Cameron Torpy (13) did not make a single tackle where he lead with his arms. He had put on about 4 or 5 shoulder charges before he had a 10 minute breather and easily deserved that card. He put a few seriously dangerous hits on, possibly something he does in league, I don't know! Also, it is worth mentioning that all of his crash balls were handled well by SLC with numerous text book tackles from the SLC skipper Joel Mead on Torpy. I also beg to differ about the 10/12/13 combo of Villa. The scrum half, Eli Lui was the difference between the two teams. He got his team out of trouble inside their 22 numerous times. Finally, the Villa defense, from what I saw today is nowhere near premiership level. SLC scored 3 tries and that would have been possibly 5 if it wasn't for poor execution (on SLC's behalf) such as simple drop balls and suspect refereeing calls. I cannot comment on SLC's goal line defines as this wasn't tested as Villa scored all their tries by spreading the ball to the outside backs. Enjoy your AIC Rugby - AIC Hound out.
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the idea of tacking is to use your shoulder. I saw the yellow card as a bit harsh. But just my opinion, I didn't know much that was happening on the field

KingProp

Bob McCowan (2)
St Peters beat St Pats - about 7 tries to 2 in the end. Kicking conversions a problem for Peters to address for the close games.
Another year where a quality backline is Peters strength.

Codeunion

Peter Burge (5)
St Peters beat St Pats - about 7 tries to 2 in the end. Kicking conversions a problem for Peters to address for the close games.
Another year where a quality backline is Peters strength.
That is a very impressive win for the St. Peter's boys. They will be a very dangerous side for 2014. All teams will need to look out for these guys

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
I've have enjoyed watching Peters exciting backlines over the recent years, does their backline this season resemble the PNG Pukpuks?

FootballWizard

Stan Wickham (3)

Is your butt hurting, would you like some cream for it?

Rugby Mentor Greg

Stan Wickham (3)
Another season begins!
Villanova seem to have attracted a lot of attention on the thread thus far and rightly so, after watching their win over St Laurence's on the weekend I would say they garner all the attention received. The debate over controversial yellow cards and send offs are unnecessary, Villanova were simply a class above their opponent and are still my pick for the premiership.
Interesting to see Padua and Eddies drew however I don't read much into this as eddies likely rested key players and of course were without their first choice number 10. Wouldn't expect Padua to hold that dangerous back line to 12 points in the regular season clash. I expect Marist are still hungry and much more battle tested than previous teams having just come back from a New Zealand tour, my personal pick for the runner up. Peters definately a surprise from what I've head running rings around pats and it would be nice to see them up the top of the standings this year.

My prediction
1.Villanova
2. Marist
3. Iona
4. St Edmunds
5. St Peters (based on their impressive win in trials)
6. St Laurence's
7. Padua
8. St Patricks

Eddiesboy

Bob McCowan (2)
AIC 1 backline

9) Elijah lui villa or peters 9
10) Jayden Carroll Iona
11) kenric felu villa
12) Cameron Torpy villa
13) Regan Glynn Pats
14) David Yabsley Iona
15) Clifton Setu eddies

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
AIC 1 backline

9) Elijah lui villa or peters 9
10) Jayden Carroll Iona
11) kenric felu villa
12) Cameron Torpy villa
13) Regan Glynn Pats
14) David Yabsley Iona
15) Clifton Setu eddies

matttteee from what ive heard Yabsley (Iona) will struggle to make Ionas team with some tight competition coming from other outside backs..

my AIC 1 prediction
9)Lui (VILLA)
10)Carroll (IONA)/ Cameron (VILLA)
11)Tapitata (SPC)
12)Glynn (SPC)
13)Torpy (VILLA)
14)Setu (SEC)
15) Felu (VILLA)

with Cameron (VILLA) and Carroll (IONA) fighting for the number 10 spot with the other making aic 2, based on this i find it beyond a joke that people think SPC and VILLA will be on the bottom half of the comp in 2014

Sir

Bob McCowan (2)
Is your butt hurting, would you like some cream for it?

If I'm not mistaken you tried running onto the field like the man and then you hopped off like the little bitch you are when one of the SLC props started coming towards you. You sir can not shit talk. Also it is very good to see Villanova have became extremely cocky.. wait until they vs eddies or other big schools, then they will shut their mouths #shottorps

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
If I'm not mistaken you tried running onto the field like the man and then you hopped off like the little bitch you are when one of the SLC props started coming towards you. You sir can not shit talk. Also it is very good to see Villanova have became extremely cocky.. wait until they vs eddies or other big schools, then they will shut their mouths #shottorps

exactley right Sir no spectator should have engaged in what was happening on the field that was rather idiotic and stupid beyond a joke that 2 villa year 12s crossed the playing line and talked rubbish should not happen, Villa have said a few things which may be understandable from there point of view but atleast they backed it up with a victory, although lauries have been running there mouth on social media ect yet have backed it up with nothing, Villa play padua and SLC play eddies it will be interesting to see the score so lets let the rugby do the talking Villa and SLC and see how many games you each have won leading into round 6 and settle in once and for all in a game of rugby not an all in brawl, chat friendly hit deadly #realtalk

now lets get back to some real forum talk, any news on starting teams for this weeks round 1 and predictions??

FootballWizard

Stan Wickham (3)

If not mistaken this guy sounds like he is the man:cool: . Excuse me if im wrong but that was cripple no.2 having a chat to the prop about catching a movie together later that night. Sir, anyone can talk shit it's schoolboy rugby for Christs sake. Chat is flowing in this AIC rugby and its fantastic. #iwantalimemilkshake

call-an-ambo

Bob McCowan (2)

Mate, That SLC prop was smaller then our wingers. He had just about 4 rolls of tape on him. Your lucky i didnt "call you an ambo" mate.

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Do you have any thought on what the AIC 1 Forward pack might be? Too early to say really, just curious about your opinion.

mate this is purely my opinion by im hoping when AIC 1 gets announced taking away injuries im pretty close, as last year i was nearly spot on

1) O'Toole (PADUA)
2) Barnwell (VILLA)
3) Dingwall (IONA)
4) Byrne (ASH)
5) Williamson (SEC)
6) Carter (VILLA)
7) Gentile (PADUA)
8) Humphries (SEC)

Gary Smith

Stan Wickham (3)
mate this is purely my opinion by im hoping when AIC 1 gets announced taking away injuries im pretty close, as last year i was nearly spot on

1) O'Toole (PADUA)
2) Barnwell (VILLA)
3) Dingwall (IONA)
4) Byrne (ASH)
5) Williamson (SEC)
6) Carter (VILLA)
7) Gentile (PADUA)
8) Humphries (SEC)

Would you rule out Lancashire (ASH) in that 2nd Row spot?
And O'Toole starting? Isn't he in grade 11?

qldRU

Allen Oxlade (6)
Would you rule out Lancashire (ASH) in that 2nd Row spot?
And O'Toole starting? Isn't he in grade 11?

with Lockett (VILLA) being ruled out i believe the stage is set for O'Toole to have a big year for a poor Padua team. and as for Lancashire a close contender but will most likely partner up with Schneider (SLC) in AIC 2 in the second row

Gary Smith

Stan Wickham (3)
with Lockett (VILLA) being ruled out i believe the stage is set for O'Toole to have a big year for a poo Padua team. and as for Lancashire a close contender but will most likely partner up with Schneider (SLC) in AIC 2 in the second row

Hahahha loving the use of words, they did take it to Eddies however. Which I was surprised at, the Europe tour must have done them good.

rugbydoc1

Frank Row (1)
A St. Edmunds team cannot not be put in the blank I think they will kick off the season with a big one and continue that form throughout the season because I have caught some of their games and it seems that they are a team and do things for each other not for themselves. I think they could have a really good crack at the season ! Especially with a very under rated back line that will step up into the big shoes of previous back lines

packitdown

Bob McCowan (2)

1) O'Toole (PADUA)
2) Barnwell (VILLA)
3) Dingwall (IONA)
4) Byrne (ASH)
5) Williamson (SEC)
6) Carter (VILLA)
7) Gentile (PADUA)
8) Humphries (SEC)

Are there any other possible year 11's for AIC 1 or 2 apart from O'Toole (Year 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.