• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Wouldn't be surprised to see hit-man Angus Barker also in the mix at 2 or on the flank. He Put shots on all season and is a pretty tough player. Also Moss Mackenzie is a option at 7. Pretty quick on the ball and gets stuff done, goes down injured a bit though. I also believe that Brenton Smith benched for firsts instead of run on. Ryley Morton also sat on a extended bench i believe for firsts also.

Both Nassif Ghanem and Dane Waller are wingers/centers so they could both be options. I think a suitable pick at 9 could be Matt Luck, Kyle Cook or even Kyle Reid as a smokey to make it from the thirds i believe.
Personally i would have Kyle Kinsella in the centers which could allow Cody Ryland to come on the wing.

Keep an eye on this Iona forward pack. They are tough and have plenty of size and with a bit of gym they will be force to be wrecking with in 2015. They have hard ball running props and two tough second rowers with high work rate which will look for a big season next year. Keep in mind Number 8.Zayne Holleran was injured all of this year and his inclusion to the team will be a massive plus as he is one of the best ball carriers in the competition. Wouldnt shock me at all if this team surprises a few people next year.

Agreed. But Albion will inevitably be on the team somewhere, probably in the backline as a center. Not sure what position he plays, but he might be a good No.7 due to his enormous size and power which would give the forward pack a good push in the scrums.

ruckhudson

Peter Burge (5)
Maybe you iona boys should just keep a lid on it. I am not sure how you have come up with this team but if you put that on the paddock you would not win a game. Also the teams who talked it up on this forum the most last year seemed to perform the worst so play smarter not harder yeah??

rugby_life

Frank Row (1)
Maybe you iona boys should just keep a lid on it. I am not sure how you have come up with this team but if you put that on the paddock you would not win a game. Also the teams who talked it up on this forum the most last year seemed to perform the worst so play smarter not harder yeah??

Mate, its not like we are saying next years Iona firsts are going to win the premiership with ease or anything. We are just saying that they might surprise a few people next year. I agree that the ones that let action speak louder than words usually go better in the tournament, however i don't think there is any harm discussion possibilities for selection and making a simple statement about there forward pack. Like every other team, this Iona team needs to work bloody hard if they wont to succeed.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)

How about you keep a lid on it. Nothing wrong with discussing team predictions.

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Tim Albion is definitely a flanker who might not be as quick as an openside. His best position could be 6

Will Feeney is an absolute goer and will be a highlight to go watch, especially in 2016.

A boy by the name of Tristan Stanghon will either play 12,13 or either wing. Similar to Will Feeney's talent, just a tad smaller and more of a direct runner.

Apparently there is a boy by the name of Callum Fisher, not sure who he is but known as a strike weapon?

If you want I know the upcoming 16's age group really well with my brother playing in it. I can give you a little run down on each teams 16's if wanted? :)

rugbyXVtalk

Bob McCowan (2)
Padua First XV Prediciton:

1. Jed Chapman Met North U15
2. Liam Usher Met North U15
3. Tom O'Toole (Likely to play under 16 Queensland )
4. Sonny Ah San
5. Michael Wood Met North U15
6. Louis Schwenke ( Likely to play under 16 Queensland)
7. Fraser Holding
8. Jack Peoples
9. Ben Warfield
10. Lawson Crieghton (Likely to play under 16 Queensland)
11. Zac O'Donnell
12. Harrison Pankhurst
13. Ben Harvey
14. Ryan Pitts / Michael Cheer
15. John Honour (Likely to play under 16 Queensland)

Impact players would defiently be Tom O'Toole, Louis Schwenke and Lawson Crieghton all have significant representative honours and plenty of First XV experience look out for them in the AIC teams next year. Tom O'Toole could very make Australian Schoolboys in the coming years!!

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Padua First XV Prediciton:

1. Jed Chapman Met North U15
2. Liam Usher Met North U15
3. Tom O'Toole (Likely to play under 16 Queensland )
4. Sonny Ah San
5. Michael Wood Met North U15
6. Louis Schwenke ( Likely to play under 16 Queensland)
7. Fraser Holding
8. Jack Peoples
9. Ben Warfield
10. Lawson Crieghton (Likely to play under 16 Queensland)
11. Zac O'Donnell
12. Harrison Pankhurst
13. Ben Harvey
14. Ryan Pitts / Michael Cheer
15. John Honour (Likely to play under 16 Queensland)

Impact players would defiently be Tom O'Toole, Louis Schwenke and Lawson Crieghton all have significant representative honours and plenty of First XV experience look out for them in the AIC teams next year. Tom O'Toole could very make Australian Schoolboys in the coming years!!

Is Tom O'Toole in year 11 or 10 this year? When did he start playing First XV?

Charlie Hoffman

Frank Row (1)
Tim Albion is definitely a flanker who might not be as quick as an openside. His best position could be 6

Will Feeney is an absolute goer and will be a highlight to go watch, especially in 2016.

A boy by the name of Tristan Stanghon will either play 12,13 or either wing. Similar to Will Feeney's talent, just a tad smaller and more of a direct runner.

Apparently there is a boy by the name of Callum Fisher, not sure who he is but known as a strike weapon?

If you want I know the upcoming 16's age group really well with my brother playing in it. I can give you a little run down on each teams 16's if wanted? :)

What is all the talk about Tim Albion? He got dropped from the 15A's for the last 2 games against Padua and Ashgrove which were clearly the most critical games of the season because he was not up to the standard of 15A rugby.

I personally agree with Will Feeney being in the team as he was one of the few standouts in the 15A's alongside Tristan Stanghon.

Charlie Hoffman

Frank Row (1)

And yes, I would like to hear your thoughts on the 16s Ashgrove, Padua, Iona and Pats line up? :)

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Alright
under 15's Ashgrove- were first this year. #1 Tom Rafter, #7, #4 Ethan McCall, outside back Ben Loff (Has real pace), #10 Isaac DeFlavis are the one's who really stick to mind. They should all be in contention for next year as well as someone called Charlie Renouf ( A queensland lague player)

Padua- With Tom O'Toole all ready playing firsts, this age group is extremly strong. Liam Usher #2, Tim Andrews #4/6, An openside flanker again are the one's I can touch base with. Came Second.

Pats- Equal 3rd with Iona. Have a host of good players running around. #9 Prendergast (Bench first), Zac Hume #2, the Morne twins (#12 and #14) and I think Brayden Rees.

Michael Woods also is from either Padua or Pats and has a awesome ball carry.

A talented age group which has players that easily match it with GPS. (Already did Iona)

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Tom is in Year 10 this year, but is u16. Great young man and I believe a terrific rugby player.
I'm surprised that tom o'tool hasn't accepted a scholarship to a GPS school yet. If he is at state or even schoolboy level then we are very fortunate to have him in AIC. The last person I saw who played 3 years of First XV, state and schoolboy rugby was Wilken and Devine from Iona and Marist. I will be keeping a keen eye on him as he sounds like he could be the next AIC superbeast.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm surprised that tom o'tool hasn't accepted a scholarship to a GPS school yet. If he is at state or even schoolboy level then we are very fortunate to have him in AIC. The last person I saw who played 3 years of First XV, state and schoolboy rugby was Wilken and Devine from Iona and Marist. I will be keeping a keen eye on him as he sounds like he could be the next AIC superbeast.

Pretty sure that Henry Devine played only 2 years of First XV at Ash, and unlike Brad Wilkin he was only turning 17 last year.

I could be wrong, but I can't remember anyone playing 3 years of Firsts at Ash since Dean Patterson in 1980-1982, and the only Under 15 I can ever remember playing Firsts at Ash over the last 40 years or so was Daniel Herbert, who was in Year 11 at the time ( played 12 outside Pat Howard, if I recall correctly, in Year 11 and broke his wrist and didn't play at all in Year 12).

Fritz

Chris McKivat (8)
Pretty sure that Henry Devine played only 2 years of First XV at Ash, and unlike Brad Wilkin he was only turning 17 last year.

I could be wrong, but I can't remember anyone playing 3 years of Firsts at Ash since Dean Patterson in 1980-1982, and the only Under 15 I can ever remember playing Firsts at Ash over the last 40 years or so was Daniel Herbert, who was in Year 11 at the time ( played 12 outside Pat Howard, if I recall correctly, in Year 11 and broke his wrist and didn't play at all in Year 12).

You are incorrect not wrong. Current record for First XV at Ashgrove is 1948,1949,1950,1951,and1952 all Undefeated Premierships by former Qld Captain Brian Kassulke.

Dale Upton

Bob McCowan (2)
Alright
under 15's Ashgrove- were first this year. #1 Tom Rafter, #7, #4 Ethan McCall, outside back Ben Loff (Has real pace), #10 Isaac DeFlavis are the one's who really stick to mind. They should all be in contention for next year as well as someone called Charlie Renouf ( A queensland lague player)

Padua- With Tom O'Toole all ready playing firsts, this age group is extremly strong. Liam Usher #2, Tim Andrews #4/6, An openside flanker again are the one's I can touch base with. Came Second.

Pats- Equal 3rd with Iona. Have a host of good players running around. #9 Prendergast (Bench first), Zac Hume #2, the Morne twins (#12 and #14) and I think Brayden Rees.

A talented age group which has players that easily match it with GPS. (Already did Iona)

Didn't Ashgrove beat Peters by a conversion? Just saying that's a very big effort from the boys in red and white

Charles Quinn

Frank Row (1)
What is all the talk about Tim Albion? He got dropped from the 15A's for the last 2 games against Padua and Ashgrove which were clearly the most critical games of the season because he was not up to the standard of 15A rugby.

I personally agree with Will Feeney being in the team as he was one of the few standouts in the 15A's alongside Tristan Stanghon.

Albion missed out on the last two rounds for the 15A's due to QLD volleyball commitments, maybe he is talked up a bit but still seen to be a solid player who has played in numerous representative rugby teams, but it is unknown as to what the teams will shape up to be for the 2015 season.

AICRugby

Frank Row (1)
Alright

Do you know anything about the U15 players from SLC, SLC and Villa?

Charlie Hoffman

Frank Row (1)
Alright

You only mentioned backs from Iona, any upcoming forwards?
They have some strengths, they're a pretty small pack in my opinion. Teams like Padua and Ashgrove ran all over Iona in the scrums.
How is Angus Barker as a unit?

behindthescenes

Allen Oxlade (6)

Why would he go to a GPS school ? He's going to get all the opportunities at Padua without all the rubbish that goes with it. The program being run out of Padua these days is as good as anywhere. He just made combined states as a 15 year old (turning 16 later in the year), what an achievement- made possible due to the program he's in at Padua.

Status
Not open for further replies.