• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

otoolej11

Bob McCowan (2)
A lot of chat about Tom O'Toole. Wouldn't call him an AIC superbeast just yet as I read it. He's got some very big goals in this game and has aspirations in Rugby that extend beyond AIC. If he wants to achieve them needs to remain level headed.

As for GPS. While the standard of Rugby is better and it's shown in the last few years AIC-GPS games there have been dozens of players who have been awarded scholarships to GPS schools only to end up playing 2nd XV or play 1sts but having to sit at home come rep time. How many players could have played first footy in AIC and played AIC Rugby but have gone to GPS and have been given the flick. Just a thought for the future and for any kid and family weighing up a GPS scholarship offer

undefeated 2014

Frank Row (1)
First 15 Predictions Iona College
1. Dan Sheppard
2. Angus Barker/Ollie Plevey
3. Angelo Pepe/Ollie Plevey
4. Ryley Morton
5. Ryan Homes
6. Brenton Smith
7. Moss McKenzie/Sam King (if he comes back to union next year)
8. Zayne Holleran/Bodi Bremner
9. Matt Luck
10. Kyle Cook
11. Tristan Staghon
12. Kyle Kinsella/ Tim Albion
13. Michael Dickie
14. Cody Ryland
15. Will Feeny
Without a doubt Iona will struggle next year, but this team does look like a good team for them. There is controversy on over who the number 8 is, with Zayne Holleran being such a dominating player but missing this season. Bodi Bremner i hear is a good all around player, when i played against him he was playing inside or outside centre can't remember. So these two at the trails for Iona basically need to rail everyone to prove what they have.
I have no idea who the reserves I'm assuming some 17 year olds but also 16's.

undefeated 2014

Frank Row (1)
AIC 1 Team Prediction
1. Jack Kelly (SPC)
2. Fraser Holding (PADUA)
3. Tom O'Toole (PADUA)
4. Sonny Ah San (PADUA)
5. Lachlan Mckinnon (MCA)
6. Justin Sikimeti (SPC)
7. Riley Harris (SEC)
8. Archie Taylor (SEC)
9. Tom Macdonald (SEC)
10. Carter Auld (SEC)
11. Andrew Richardson (SEC)
12. Mana Cecil (SPC)
13. Steven Tatipata (SPLC)
14. Josh Fernandez (SEC)
15. Brent Woolf (SPLC)

SEC = 6
PADUA = 3
SPC = 3
SPLC = 2
MCA = 1

Chairman's Prediction

Max Baker
Wyatt Setu
Ethan Henderson
Liam Adams
Tyrece Sines
Josh Schweitzer

AIC 1 Competition Ladder
1. SEC
2. PADUA
3. MCA
4. SPC
5. SPLC
6. IONA
7. VILLANOVA
8. SLC

I think that maybe Kyle Cook of Iona will have a role in AIC 1 next year, after all he did take Jayden Carrolls (signed with the Storm) number 10 jersey half through the season
Also Max Baker will have the 9 Jersey for sure, he can read the game very well

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think that maybe Kyle Cook of Iona will have a role in AIC 1 next year, after all he did take Jayden Carrolls (signed with the Storm) number 10 jersey half through the season
Also Max Baker will have the 9 Jersey for sure, he can read the game very well

Only for Carroll to shift to 12 to cover for Hola, who was injured in round 1. Am I wrong?

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
Only for Carroll to shift to 12 to cover for Hola, who was injured in round 1. Am I wrong?

First 15 Predictions Iona College
1. Dan Sheppard
2. Angus Barker/Ollie Plevey
3. Angelo Pepe/Ollie Plevey
4. Ryley Morton
5. Ryan Homes
6. Brenton Smith
7. Moss McKenzie/Sam King (if he comes back to union next year)
8. Zayne Holleran/Bodi Bremner
9. Matt Luck
10. Kyle Cook
11. Tristan Staghon
12. Kyle Kinsella/ Tim Albion
13. Michael Dickie
14. Cody Ryland
15. Will Feeny
Without a doubt Iona will struggle next year, but this team does look like a good team for them. There is controversy on over who the number 8 is, with Zayne Holleran being such a dominating player but missing this season. Bodi Bremner i hear is a good all around player, when i played against him he was playing inside or outside centre can't remember. So these two at the trails for Iona basically need to rail everyone to prove what they have.
I have no idea who the reserves I'm assuming some 17 year olds but also 16's.

If Zayne Holleran makes the team then Iona's forward pack will be one to watch out for. I am thinking that Iona's 2015 team will be a stronger side than 2014. And no I don't believe Iona will struggle next year. With the likes of Sheppard, Dickie, Cook, and Pepe, the team will surely be able to hold its own.

And yes RuggasXV, Cook came on to cover for Carroll who shifted to 12.

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
AIC 1 Team Prediction
1. Jack Kelly (SPC)
3. Tom O'Toole (PADUA)
4. Sonny Ah San (PADUA)
6. Justin Sikimeti (SPC)
7. Riley Harris (SEC)
8. Archie Taylor (SEC)
9. Tom Macdonald (SEC)
10. Carter Auld (SEC)
12. Mana Cecil (SPC)
14. Josh Fernandez (SEC)
15. Brent Woolf (SPLC)

SEC = 6
PADUA = 3
SPC = 3
SPLC = 2
MCA = 1

Chairman's Prediction

Max Baker
Wyatt Setu
Ethan Henderson
Liam Adams
Tyrece Sines
Josh Schweitzer

AIC 1 Competition Ladder
1. SEC
2. PADUA
3. MCA
4. SPC
5. SPLC
6. IONA
7. VILLANOVA
8. SLC

Nice prediction, but might I suggest Michael Dickie for 12? What are your thoughts.

undefeated 2014

Frank Row (1)
AIC Ladder 2015
1. Padua ( They teared up when they had there full team in 2013)
2. Ashgrove (Even though they got a undefeated premiership this year padua will be to tough for them, but Ashgrove's import from 16's is quite dangerous)
3. Eddies (Got 2 premierships in a row in 13 years and 14 years, tying one with Iona)
4. Iona ( Got a premiership in 13's, but last few years have being disappointing, they will be lucky to get 4th place over SPC)
5. Patties (Even though they came 3rd in 16's and 3rd and 15's, i still think they will struggle, but as i said it will be close for 4th/5th with Iona and Pats
6. SPLC (Even though they came last in 16s, there imports will help them win a few
7. Battle of the wooden spoon between Villa and Lauries. so can't really say with these two

undefeated 2014

Frank Row (1)
If Zayne Holleran makes the team then Iona's forward pack will be one to watch out for. I am thinking that Iona's 2015 team will be a stronger side than 2014. And no I don't believe Iona will struggle next year. With the likes of Sheppard, Dickie, Cook, and Pepe, the team will surely be able to hold its own.

And yes RuggasXV, Cook came on to cover for Carroll who shifted to 12.

I've just heard that Bodi Bremner won't be playing anyway, he has changed schools, so Zayne if he is fit will have the 8 jersey

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
AIC Ladder 2015
1. Padua ( They teared up when they had there full team in 2013)
2. Ashgrove (Even though they got a undefeated premiership this year padua will be to tough for them, but Ashgrove's import from 16's is quite dangerous)
3. Eddies (Got 2 premierships in a row in 13 years and 14 years, tying one with Iona)
4. Iona ( Got a premiership in 13's, but last few years have being disappointing, they will be lucky to get 4th place over SPC)
5. Patties (Even though they came 3rd in 16's and 3rd and 15's, i still think they will struggle, but as i said it will be close for 4th/5th with Iona and Pats
6. SPLC (Even though they came last in 16s, there imports will help them win a few
7. Battle of the wooden spoon between Villa and Lauries. so can't really say with these two

Come on mate! you're kidding yourself. Padua will not have a contest with ashgrove. Very strong side ashgrove padua have a few key players but still not enough to break into ashgrove defence.SPC i believe will have a tight run with eddies and iona i do believe that they have the strength to get up to that 2nd or 3rd place when they want to! With a Coach like oxford he can take them places like 2nd or 3rd. Eddies will be a side to not underestimate coming with a head full of steam lets just hope they not trip and fall. Then you have SPLC, SLC and Villa. Villa have a chance to get 7th they can play well when with those to brother (wing and Fullback) in 16's. SLC dont seem to have any star players. Splc, they come over as a import school, but these imports cant carry a team so it'll be good to see if they can perform instead of getting flogged by everyone in pervious year 50+

NewComer

Frank Row (1)
Come on mate! you're kidding yourself. Padua will not have a contest with ashgrove. Very strong side ashgrove padua have a few key players but still not enough to break into ashgrove defence.SPC i believe will have a tight run with eddies and iona i do believe that they have the strength to get up to that 2nd or 3rd place when they want to! With a Coach like oxford he can take them places like 2nd or 3rd. Eddies will be a side to not underestimate coming with a head full of steam lets just hope they not trip and fall. Then you have SPLC, SLC and Villa. Villa have a chance to get 7th they can play well when with those to brother (wing and Fullback) in 16's. SLC dont seem to have any star players. Splc, they come over as a import school, but these imports cant carry a team so it'll be good to see if they can perform instead of getting flogged by everyone in pervious year 50+

You must be blind mate.
While Ashgrove will always be a strong team they only had 1 or 2 run on for firsts this year hence their strength in the 16's and don't rule put the Padua blokes as they have some heavy experience with something like 6 starters from 2014 being only year 11 or 10

I would also like to point out that it is my understanding that villa had two year 11's one at fullback and one at wing for the 2014 firsts neither of which were the two brothers and also SPLC imports played in the firsts this year.

Don't try and judge next years First XV competition on this years 16 A's competition.

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
You must be blind mate.
While Ashgrove will always be a strong team they only had 1 or 2 run on for firsts this year hence their strength in the 16's and don't rule put the Padua blokes as they have some heavy experience with something like 6 starters from 2014 being only year 11 or 10

I would also like to point out that it is my understanding that villa had two year 11's one at fullback and one at wing for the 2014 firsts neither of which were the two brothers and also SPLC imports played in the firsts this year.

Don't try and judge next years First XV competition on this years 16 A's competition.

I'm sure you know what you're talking about aye bud. Padua even with their 6 firsts players from this year? Ashgrove still breezed through every round this year in 16's and infact knowing that they had a couple of boys benching and i believe 3 played this year. Just remember Ashgrove are very strong in rugby even though you think im byist but if ashgrove have a good coach train hard work as a team like padua did this year in firsts then well might be the year for the Blue and Gold. But Padua have the fire in their belly to make a big show representing the brown and gold.

With your comment about SPLC i know their imports are in first but who says they wont bring in more?

Villa do have the 2 brothers in 16's who look promising for firsts for villa in 2015. Seen them throw some silly boys and stuffed up plays that were promising but dosent everyone do that every once in a while its only human.

From what i've gathered from both threads is that is quite a few boys in 16's and 15's playing first this is what i've gathered excluding bench

Padua-6
SEC-5
SPC-5
Ash- 4
SPLC-2
Villa-2
Iona-2
SLC-2

ruggasXV

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Padua-6
SEC-5
SPC-5
Ash- 4
SPLC-2
Villa-2
Iona-2
SLC-2

There was only one U16 boy starting for the 1sts in 2014 for Ashgrove, and that was after injury. One more came off the bench briefly and two 2nds players that were in grade 11 also got game time off the bench.

Koty30832

Allen Oxlade (6)
There was only one U16 boy starting for the 1sts in 2014 for Ashgrove, and that was after injury. One more came off the bench briefly and two 2nds players that were in grade 11 also got game time off the bench.

Really? I heard there was few more, they might've been benching correct?

Derick Slater

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm sure you know what you're talking about aye bud. Padua even with their 6 firsts players from this year? Ashgrove still breezed through every round this year in 16's and infact knowing that they had a couple of boys benching and i believe 3 played this year. Just remember Ashgrove are very strong in rugby even though you think im byist but if ashgrove have a good coach train hard work as a team like padua did this year in firsts then well might be the year for the Blue and Gold. But Padua have the fire in their belly to make a big show representing the brown and gold.

With your comment about SPLC i know their imports are in first but who says they wont bring in more?

Villa do have the 2 brothers in 16's who look promising for firsts for villa in 2015. Seen them throw some silly boys and stuffed up plays that were promising but dosent everyone do that every once in a while its only human.

From what i've gathered from both threads is that is quite a few boys in 16's and 15's playing first this is what i've gathered excluding bench

Padua-6
SEC-5
SPC-5
Ash- 4
SPLC-2
Villa-2
Iona-2
SLC-2

There were 3 year 11's in Iona's First XV this year but only one was a 16's player, but he only came on to cover for an injured player. There were a few that went on as reserves though and they occupied most of the bench.

Dale Upton

Bob McCowan (2)
AIC 1 Team Prediction
1. Jack Kelly (SPC)
3. Tom O'Toole (PADUA)
4. Sonny Ah San (PADUA)
6. Justin Sikimeti (SPC)
7. Riley Harris (SEC)
8. Archie Taylor (SEC)
9. Tom Macdonald (SEC)
10. Carter Auld (SEC)
12. Mana Cecil (SPC)
14. Josh Fernandez (SEC)
15. Brent Woolf (SPLC)

SEC = 6
PADUA = 3
SPC = 3
SPLC = 2
MCA = 1

Chairman's Prediction

Max Baker
Wyatt Setu
Ethan Henderson
Liam Adams
Tyrece Sines
Josh Schweitzer

AIC 1 Competition Ladder
1. SEC
2. PADUA
3. MCA
4. SPC
5. SPLC
6. IONA
7. VILLANOVA
8. SLC
I reckon that half backs like Tyreece Sines and Ben Warfield would be another good option for AIC

aicrugby2013

Frank Row (1)
There were 3 year 11's in Iona's First XV this year but only one was a 16's player, but he only came on to cover for an injured player. There were a few that went on as reserves though and they occupied most of the bench.

The 16 year old player was initially covering for a game after Jayden Carroll was absent on League for the round Iona v Lauries not covering for the injured player.
There were two 16 year olds on the bench throughout the whole year.

Status
Not open for further replies.