• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizzylovers

Frank Row (1)
But yes it is very poor on Paduas behalf that the red carded player played but then again what more would you expect from the institution.

Listen here "you play wing", this page isn't into disrespecting other schools choices of players playing with past red cards. The AIC Head's of Sport made this decision for the schools to choose, if they deem it okay, then it is okay, some people have no respect honestly

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
Listen here "you play wing", this page isn't into disrespecting other schools choices of players playing with past red cards. The AIC Head's of Sport made this decision for the schools to choose, if they deem it okay, then it is okay, some people have no respect honestly
More like one school disrespecting other schools,

Lute

Chris McKivat (8)
Seems like a poor decision by the head of AIC and a poor decision by the school,red cards are not given lightly, what does this teach the player and his team mates!

Royalderry

Peter Burge (5)
Seems like a poor decision by the head of AIC and a poor decision by the school,red cards are not given lightly, what does this teach the player and his team mates!

I didn't see the red card "incident" but to be fair we have all seen players sent off undeservedly - every case is judged on its merits (it is the same for all schools and let's be honest fellas ALL schools would have done the same thing).

Of more concern is the AIC policy of playing boy in "Grade levels" not "age levels" - this policy potentially pits 13 year olds agains 15 year olds and is a major injury waiting to happen. I'm sure it's the same at all schools but I was told by a SLC Mum that the SLC 9A was basically most of the Easts club U15 side. Have heard same about ASH and PAD too. The older boys used to play up year level and while this upset some (he's not playing with his bestie) it reduced the size disparity we se now and reduced chance of injury. There is a reason the BJRU plays in age groups (with exemptions allowed if a boy is underweight/undersize). Would be interesting to compare injury stats since the change-over. Why the change? Does anyone know what the GPS policy is? Over...

Tbone

Sydney Middleton (9)
The mail I have heard is this is the last year of grade levels and the format will revert to age levels again next year, at least for rugby. Hopefully this is the case as I don't know of any other school competition that follows the current, patently ridiculous format, for all reasons as pointed out by Royalderry above.

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)

LL I hardly think pointing out that a player playing the following week after getting a red card is being disrespectful. I would argue that a school playing a player who got a Red card the previous week is being disrespectful to the Referee, the School you just played and the School you are about to play.

It is not the fault of the player but it is a very bad look for the school I can tell you that standing on the sideline on the weekend it was a topic of conversation and it did not paint Padua in a favourable light with either the Padua or Lauries parents.

I have been vocal about some of the officiating and truthfully it has been poor but the great thing about Rugby is that you always call the Ref Sir and his decision is final.

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
SLC 9A very good today - they were 0-0 at HT again PAD but won by three tries to one in the end - the 9 comp is great - VILL/ASH/PAD/SLC/IONA all very strong
One hell of a Saturday morning coming up in the 9As.

Villa undefeated plays Ashgrove who have lost only 1 game (to SLC) and SLC , who have also only lost one game (to Villa) play Iona.

If Ash and Lauries win then a three way flag - if Villa beat Ash then they are ourtright Premiers. Wow ! What a great Comp in the 9s.

That will be an age group to watch come through - Padua are improving in that age group as well. Oh my!!! Bring on 2019/2020

Word is MCA have their players back from
Injury and Villa sources told me they rested a lot of players against Peters last week and beat them convincingly with a third of front line players out.

That will be my game of the round

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
That will be an age group to watch come through - Padua are improving in that age group as well. Oh my!!! Bring on 2019/2020

That will be my game of the round

I hope your correct Vik, however have seen it all before until the GPS system goes "shopping"
For example the current 1st/yr 12 comp. had very strong Iona and SLC teams who won the comps in under 13s and under 14s, both of those teams lost players to terrace, churchie and nudgee, so what could have been been a real comp in 2017 between ASH/IONA/SLC has become a one horse comp.

QLD Scout

Frank Row (1)
GPS teams named

Attachments

• IMG_1514.JPG
    IMG_1514.JPG
    279.1 KB · Views: 786

Vik

Chris McKivat (8)
I hea
I hope your correct Vik, however have seen it all before until the GPS system goes "shopping"
For example the current 1st/yr 12 comp. had very strong Iona and SLC teams who won the comps in under 13s and under 14s, both of those teams lost players to terrace, churchie and nudgee, so what could have been been a real comp in 2017 between ASH/IONA/SLC has become a one horse comp.
I hear you mate, it is a damn shame that it happens that way - from a purist point of view weakening the AIC comp is bad for Aussie Rugby. A strong AIC and TAS competition spreads the code and attracts more players to our game. You need good depth across multiple comps to produce better quality competitions for kids to play in and learn skills. GPS offering scholarships just weakens the code overall I think

Fisherman123

Frank Row (1)
AIC 1 team.
This is what I'm lead to believe. May be mistakes (Not sure on 20)

1. Emosi Tuqiri (MCA)
2. Zach Smith (SPC)
3. Torah (SEC)
4. SLC
5. SLC 8
6. MCA (Brosnan?)
7. Braydon Law (MCA)
8. Conners (SPC)
9. Billy Rutherford (SLC)
10. MCA
11. Zac Steer (SLC)
12. Morne Knop (SPC)
13. MCA
14. MCA
15. Bucknell (MCA)
16. MCA (hooker)
17. Romeo- SEC (prop)
18. SPC - Prop
19. Bruce (PAD) (Second- Back Row)
20.?
21. Jaz day (MCA) - halfback
22. Matt Weir SPC - fullback/fly half
23. Twist (SPLC) -outside back

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
AIC 1 team.
This is what I'm lead to believe. May be mistakes (Not sure on 20)

1. Emosi Tuqiri (MCA)
2. Zach Smith (SPC)
3. Torah (SEC)
4. SLC
5. SLC 8
6. MCA (Brosnan?)
7. Braydon Law (MCA)
8. Conners (SPC)
9. Billy Rutherford (SLC)
10. MCA
11. Zac Steer (SLC)
12. Morne Knop (SPC)
13. MCA
14. MCA
15. Bucknell (MCA)
16. MCA (hooker)
17. Romeo- SEC (prop)
18. SPC - Prop
19. Bruce (PAD) (Second- Back Row)
20.?
21. Jaz day (MCA) - halfback
22. Matt Weir SPC - fullback/fly half
23. Twist (SPLC) -outside back

I can confirm all of those MCA selections in the AIC team, with Lachy Tennison-Woods (11) making the Chairman's XV.

I'm assuming that most of the Padua boys made themselves unavailable?

Is Cheer still injured? At the very least he would have been a walk-up start at 13.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Probably a fair enough team, thought there'd be more Padua blokes though, given the demolition job I witnessed them do on us last weekend, I'd reckon our flankers would have been a chance, given one is a three year firsts player. We don't quite have enough wins on the board to justify anymore than 4, and I don't think anyone unfairly missed out. Did we take our 20 man coaching staff to the selection meeting?

In all seriousness though, I think there's enough quality in that AIC team to give GPS a real run for their money - Size in the front row, lineout winners and quality back row with some good backs. 1,2,7,8,9,12,15 big chances of QLD in my view, looking forward to the clashes.

xxxx

Larry Dwyer (12)
I can confirm all of those MCA selections in the AIC team, with Lachy Tennison-Woods (11) making the Chairman's XV.

I'm assuming that most of the Padua boys made themselves unavailable?

Is Cheer still injured? At the very least he would have been a walk-up start at 13.

guess that is another example of the state of the game, boys rather play conf. cup over rugby schools,

Status
Not open for further replies.