• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIC Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Lauries head coach has stood down, 1 year into a 3 year reappointment, can't help but think that is one of the more selfish acts putting his hat in the ring last year and stepping down, having done nothing to develop players for next year. The position has been advertised internally, whisper is hierarchy are keen to lure back a familiar face to do the role.

don't_go_latho

Chris McKivat (8)
Lauries head coach has stood down, 1 year into a 3 year reappointment, can't help but think that is one of the more selfish acts putting his hat in the ring last year and stepping down, having done nothing to develop players for next year. The position has been advertised internally, whisper is hierarchy are keen to lure back a familiar face to do the role.
Is the familiar face a previous 1st XV coach HLF? Although he is away at the moment, i hope the Director of Sport (who has no idea about Rugby and who I hold most accountable for Lauries fall from grace in Rugby results this decade) isn't involved in the decision making process.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Is the familiar face a previous 1st XV coach HLF? Although he is away at the moment, i hope the Director of Sport (who has no idea about Rugby and who I hold most accountable for Lauries fall from grace in Rugby results this decade) isn't involved in the decision making process.

Couldn't agree more latho, fingers crossed he gets no say, something that may become more common for him. I believe there's 2 people they're keen to lure back, one is a former 1st XV coach and the other recently moved on, hopefully it's not just wishful thinking from the loyalists

AliBarber

Bob McCowan (2)
I heard a league dad of all people having a ba ba about the AIC schools starting rugby training in October this year. His son is Iona and plays League after AIC and is wondering when some kids will ever have a break. League & GPS Rugby finishes end of Sept, then U16 National Teams at TSS and back into training for some schools. I understand Padua, Pats and MCA are all geared to start Oct. Half their U16 boys are still playing Valleys Prems - Moritz, Pezzametti, Taylor injured, Callam, Rozka, T-Woods, Heenan, Ritter, Neilson amoungst others will burn out rolling from one year into another.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
I heard a league dad of all people having a ba ba about the AIC schools starting rugby training in October this year. His son is Iona and plays League after AIC and is wondering when some kids will ever have a break. League & GPS Rugby finishes end of Sept, then U16 National Teams at TSS and back into training for some schools. I understand Padua, Pats and MCA are all geared to start Oct. Half their U16 boys are still playing Valleys Prems - Moritz, Pezzametti, Taylor injured, Callam, Rozka, T-Woods, Heenan, Ritter, Neilson amoungst others will burn out rolling from one year into another.

Hey Ali

What can you tell me about another Valleys boy, MCA's Zac Brooks?

Pretty sure Brooks was the only AIC boy who made the Qld U16's RL side this year, I know he played 13 for the MCA 16A's this year but seems to fly under the radar compared to many of the other leaguies.

You'd think that Brooks will play somewhere in the MCA First XV next year, but I'm not sure he'll be in the centres, is 6 a possiblilty for him?

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
My nephew at Iona informed me last night that their head of sport has been asked to be on the panel to determine the new Lauries 1st XV coach; if this is true, I owe Bill Pulver an apology for saying he is the worst rugby administrator in the country. How on earth can a rival school's head of sport have any say in a position as important as 1st XV coach. Mr Pulver I apologise.

Realdeal

Fred Wood (13)
Rumour is that a coach currently at a GPS school down the road has been doing some side inquiries about the program. He is very well known around the rugby and rugby league circles. But I'm hearing the feedback about the direction of sport is a barrier.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Rumour is that a coach currently at a GPS school down the road has been doing some side inquiries about the program. He is very well known around the rugby and rugby league circles. But I'm hearing the feedback about the direction of sport is a barrier.

I'm told there's very little chance that person would go back to Lauries with the current set up and is apparently enjoying life 'down the road'

Happyman

Ted Thorn (20)
I'm told there's very little chance that person would go back to Lauries with the current set up and is apparently enjoying life 'down the road'

They are welcome to him. My mail is that they are not enjoying him.

Next year will be a rebuilt at the cohort are not very deep expect a few year 11 boys to play.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Let me guess your mail has come from someone who has been pulled up on ill discipline or has not been selected in a certain team? Mediocrity that I'm sure you can relate to; the parents of rep players I speak to from 'down the road' have said the opposite of your 'mail'. Discipline and basics; where's that been at lauries over the past 4 years? Given he was the last premiership winning coach (2008) at lauries, I think he knows how to win

Good Afternoon fellow rugby enthusiasts,

Against all odds I am back here writing on this forum. I have dearly missed commenting on the performance of young Australian rugby prospects and the recent 2017 AIC Season as a whole. Australia needs players like Emosi Tuqiri, Campbell Brown, Billy Rutherford, and of course any player from the Villanova College 1st XV. I have been dreaming about the up and coming 2018 season and without a doubt I can see the Villanova warriors coming out on top yet again. For those that have had the audacity to hate me on this forum i leave you with this, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I look forward to the 2018 AIC season and the young prestigious prospects that are to come of it.

Watch this space rugby enthusiasts, THE AIC SEASON IS NEAR,

Big J with all the info,

Signing off.

Hands like feet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Where is the class of '17 headed in club land for next year?

Will the Ashgrove boys all walk down to Yoku? Will the Villa boys keep in the queue for a tiger burger every Saturday, will the St Peter's boys head to the kennel? Will the Eddies boys stay locally and play in the IRL? Will the Pats boys head to the bretheren? Will the Padua and Iona lads all head back to league? Lauries boys mostly heading to Souths and Logan, rumour has it they've already started contact training at lunchtimes, my son tells me he did more contact training on muck up day than he did in the rugby season - watch this space, the magpies are ready for 2018!

I reckon St Pat's Connors would have to be in the mix to play premier grade first out of this years bunch, not sure if it'll be this year, but certainly has the raw attributes to do so

Status
Not open for further replies.