• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

AIS Sports Performance Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Done, RR, but would have had trouble deciding if Orica Greenedge had been an option. Next year, Toby Price for sure.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
moving there from playing a sport that is played in 2 states, to playing a sport that is unknown here.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NFL is getting big here. I recently started getting really into it this season, watched as much as I could and I can say I finally understand all the rules, tactics and know all the good players. I absolutely love it and haven't missed a minute of the playoff games. Redzone is also the best entertainment product in the world. I think it's only going to get bigger here.

Not as good as rugby, but pretty damn close.

I wouldn't vote for Hayne and whilst I hated the media's hype before he went over and the constant round the clock news coverage of him over there I think he achieved a hell of lot to be able to just take the field in a proper NFL game in such a short time.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Such a Sydney response. :) That sort of fickleness would get you strung up if you were in AFL territory.

Guess you also won't be voting for Elyse Perry, Jarryd Hayne, Mick Fanning, Matthew Dellavedova, Sally Fitzgibbons, or Tim Cahill on the basis that they either ply their trade overseas (or are about to do so in the near future).

If he goes, it will only be for a year (or that is what is being reported at the moment) and then he'll be back.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
1 year, pffffttt
We all know Pocock has a terrible work ethic. He will let himself go whilst in the UK and his He-Man physique will balloon out like a labrador in a chocolate shop. He'll be coaxed into having a run for one of the English clubs and he will struggle. He'll be unfit and he'll be penalised at every ruck because his double chins keep sealing off the ball. He'll then return to Oz after an intensive 4 week gym program resembling a 50 year old Hulk Hogan. Yellow budgie smugglers included.
As for Ellyse Perry, Fanning et al. Traitors. All traitors the lot of them. AFL? Good idea. I'm voting for one of those blokes as soon as someone tells me which ones they are. At least they don't leave us.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
1 year, pffffttt
We all know Pocock has a terrible work ethic. He will let himself go whilst in the UK and his He-Man physique will balloon out like a labrador in a chocolate shop. He'll be coaxed into having a run for one of the English clubs and he will struggle. He'll be unfit and he'll be penalised at every ruck because his double chins keep sealing off the ball. He'll then return to Oz after an intensive 4 week gym program resembling a 50 year old Hulk Hogan. Yellow budgie smugglers included.
As for Ellyse Perry, Fanning et al. Traitors. All traitors the lot of them. AFL? Good idea. I'm voting for one of those blokes as soon as someone tells me which ones they are. At least they don't leave us.

All dressed up and nowhere to go!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
That is good news. I'd like to think that the citizenry of Gaggerland have made a good contribution to the campaign.

Well done us lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.