• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks EOYT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Is anyone else looking forward to seeing the darkness come out on saturday against the poms and absolutely slaughter them? They're gonna be hurting big time after HK and looking for the nearest target to prove to themselves they're still the best (which, of course, they are). Should be a good one...

Score predictions?
Hopefully 150-0
Realistically 43-17

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think the AB's will go out and absolutely murder England this week. We've seen them do it before and often to us in the last couple of seasons. They'll be cranky as hell and I wouldn't want to be facing them frankly.

As far as taking any kind of pleasure in it, well I'm just hoping to see some good footy.

kambah mick

Chris McKivat (8)
I think the ABs will be far too good, brushed away the cobwebs, ran Carter into nick, got angry. As good a warmup as you could ask for. ABs by three tries.

B

BackStalls

I'm not sure if any of us in Oz are going to be able to watch it - for some reason Fox aren't showing the England v Nz match. Anyone have any ideas how we might be able to see it?

Richo

John Thornett (49)
25+ margin for sure. The All Blacks have got to be stinging after losing at the wire like that.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm not sure if any of us in Oz are going to be able to watch it - for some reason Fox aren't showing the England v Nz match. Anyone have any ideas how we might be able to see it?

gotta have setanta or you'll only be watching highlights with the rest of us.

All blacks by 21.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bit hard for foxsports to do it as the Wallabies Wales match is on at the same time!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well they do have 3 channels don't they? Not as if anything else would be on at that time..

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Hmm, who knows which poms are gonna turn up - the first test plodders or the the second test quick ball merchants from our domestic series?

If Hodgson (or whoever) can kick his goals it could get interesting

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I think the English win over the Wallabies was an aberration by both teams. The ABs will at least match them in the scrum, and marmalise them at the breakdown.

49-9.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
gotta have setanta

:) :) :)

I wish there was an smart-arse icon but the smiley will do.

I didn't know when I hitched up with Setanta that they were showing the England test v NZ exclusively in Oz. I suspect that the England v Boks test will be shown only on Setanta too.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
It's not Fox sports it's the English Rugby union & BBC demanding big money.

Which old Rupert doesn't have? He can get fucked, oh, and give us some rugby while he's at it.
Not that I even have fox, i just watch and record all the rugby thats worth watching at my girlfriends place. :thumb

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sheridan's back:

England: 15 Ben Foden, 14 Chris Ashton,13 Mike Tindall, 12 Shontayne Hape, 11 Mark Cueto, 10 Toby Flood, 9 Ben Youngs, 8 Nick Easter, 7 Lewis Moody (c), 6 Tom Croft, 5 Tom Palmer, 4 Courtney Lawes, 3 Dan Cole, 2 Steve Thompson, 1 Andrew Sheridan.
Replacements: 16 Dylan Harltey, 17 David Wilson, 18 David Attwood, 19 Hendrie Fourie, 20 Danny Care, 21 Charlie Hodgson, 22 Delon Armitage.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
They don't have a lot of depth in their midfield even with all the pro players they have. The two chosen are bruisers and suited to stop Nonu. Hape is a project from league and Tindall is his minder.

But even if they were playing Oz on the weekend the pair would likely be there. The Poms are making noises about dishing the ball out a bit - the wingers and fullback can handle that in spades, but will the ball get past the mid-field? Not much methinks.

As for Tindall individually: who else would you pick at 13 for England since Hipkiss is injured? If Ben Jacobs was eligible they'd be looking at him; that's about the standard they have.

dougdew99

Allen Oxlade (6)
I regard myself as a passionate Wallabies supporter... when the AB's are playing anyone other than Australia, then I support them... is this unusual?

Status
Not open for further replies.