• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Blacks v Wallabies, Dunedin, 19th October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Confidence is a weird thing though, you don't care if it was a weak/poor opposition if you played your plan well.

I still reckon the Darkness will take it, but I don't think the Wallabies will do their usual points leaking around half time and from 50-70.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
As exciting as our victory was today, I do not think that you can compare a victory over 10th rank IRB team, as a good form guide for a match in the Antarctic stronghold against the Darkness, who have just dealt to the Saffers at altitude in Fortress Joberg.

I'm going all @PaarlBok and predicting the Darkness by 45 points.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
The game plan worked because of the opposition.

That is just a cop out and reasoning that could be applied to any game. Wallabies were good today & did what neither the AB's or Saffa's could do in South America. Credit where it's due eh.
Will the Wallabies beat the All Blacks in Dunedin? Probably not, but I'm sure they'll be more confident than they otherwise would have been and the Kiwi's will have a game on their hands. If they happen to put the New Zealanders winning streak to an end it'll be very bloody sweet indeed!
Antarctic like conditions no longer apply in the Highlanders greenhouse!

Melbourne Terrace

Darby Loudon (17)
Really don't get the point of this game. We play NZ enough in the rugby championship and it does zero favours to australian rugby to see their national team get flogged three times a year nor see them get out supported (again) at home when we host it twice. It would be much more interesting playing a side outside the RC for this game like the islands or an emerging nation and just play NZ home and away in the RC with points difference being the decider in case of a win each way.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The wallabies should take some confidence out of today - but not too much.
The Argies scrum was an anti-climax. Even so we managed to lose Slipper for 10 so it could hardly be said that problem is solved - but it was encouraging.
Too many errors today and if repeated the far more clinical ABs would punish us and would have punished us a number of times.
I think our vulnerability to the All Blacks lies in the outside backs where they can put on a lot of points very quickly. I'm not convinced about Kuradrani. Tomane was better.
I think the blackness will subject those 2 to a typically searching rugby examination.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Cory Jane is back on the park in the ITM Cup as well.

Sir Ruchie GOAT lasts 80 minutes at altitude.

Luatua looks like he has been wearing Black for 10 seasons.

Bogan Barrett slots in at #10 likewise.

Nonu can even tackle with his arms.

Kieran Read can do everything that Jerome Kaino can.

About the only weakness that we can target is the spelling of their Manager.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Really don't get the point of this game. We play NZ enough in the rugby championship and it does zero favours to australian rugby to see their national team get flogged three times a year nor see them get out supported (again) at home when we host it twice. It would be much more interesting playing a side outside the RC for this game like the islands or an emerging nation and just play NZ home and away in the RC with points difference being the decider in case of a win each way.

The point is money..... and when the teams are close & the Wallabies actually win a game out of the first two it becomes a Bledisloe decider & no one can whinge. I never tire of Bledisloe matches. Never!

M

Muttonbird

Australia should be going into this full of confidence.

Yes, they should. The ABs will be vulnerable having peaked for the Jo'burg game. Big ask to regroup two weeks after that for a match with nothing on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.