• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina v New Zealand, Sat 27th Sept 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Yeh imagine having a few too many after a huge win at work. Lets hang and quarter him.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I not saying hang him Sully, but fully agree with what Hansen has done. The All Blacks are hard to beat because they have high standards, and the only way to maintain the standards is to be hard. If we drop a test on tour because BB or Slade don't play well, I still say it worth it to make sure message is received loud and clear.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
All Black Respects Seniority Culture

--NZ Herald--

All Black Beauden Barrett has paid homage to the seniority culture surrounding the All Blacks. "Why, just last night we were all out at the pub" said Barrett, "and as junior understudy to Aaron Cruden I made it a point to keep Aaron's glass full at all times. This is just one example of the many fine points of detail that go towards making a great team cultu

absplane1_zps82bfc568.jpg

"Enjoy the frozen Manawatu, dumbarse!"

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
All Black "elated" to be going back to South Africa.

--NZ Herald--

Canterbury first five-eighth Tom Taylor is said to be "elated" to be going back to South Africa. " I can hardly wait to get back on the high veldt again" said Taylor, "a weapon in my hand and some doe-eyed, cross-eyed, half-blind Bambi in the crosshairs, BAM! down she goes".

hunt3_zps5cf9a730.jpg

lukebraid_zpsd90e18bf.jpg

"This story has nothing to do with
me. Please leave me out of this story."
--Luke Braid-Whitelock.

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeh imagine having a few too many after a huge win at work. Lets hang and quarter him.

Fair cop, he did miss the flight after all. Hansen seemed reasonably even-handed in his criticism. Of course the press are going to be camped outside his house - bit hard to miss in the sprawling metropolis of Hamilton.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
Dry track expected. Beaudy will carve it up, especially with bit of extra muscle coming back into the forward pack. As Fitzy used to say, NEVER GIVE A SUCKER AN EVEN BREAK.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Cruden better hope the AB don't get rolled at Ellis Park or, worse, La Plata 'cos if they do the knives will be out for him big time & he'll find out what Donald went through after Hong Kong (& may well also need to win a RWC to redeem himself).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Cruden better hope the AB don't get rolled at Ellis Park or, worse, La Plata 'cos if they do the knives will be out for him big time & he'll find out what Donald went through after Hong Kong (& may well also need to win a RWC to redeem himself).

holy crap, I had not thought of that angle, you could be dead right there, if Barrett continues his bung-eyed penalty shooting and the Argies roll them there will be a Full Sir Arthur Allan Thomas National Commision of Enquiry to be chaired by The Rt Hon Sir Colin Meads, Self-Anointed Minister of Not Giving It To The Backs.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Nah - if they lose to Los Pumas, Cruden'll be all like "Mate I could have won that game PISSED!"

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Let's face it. The All Blacks are not going to lose to Argentina just yet.

Also, if I remember correctly Beauden Barret got romped by JDV on the latter's way to a try but the former later more than made up for that and it eventually won the game for the All Blacks.

I respect both of them but I actually fear BB more for his unpredictability. There's enough of that already across that squad.

Hansen made a good old school decision which I hugely respect. May this continue to be a trait that sets rugby apart from all other sports. Comraderie and friendship is what makes it what it is but also discipline.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Let's face it. The All Blacks are not going to lose to Argentina just yet.

Also, if I remember correctly Beauden Barret got romped by JDV on the latter's way to a try but the former later more than made up for that and it eventually won the game for the All Blacks.

I respect both of them but I actually fear BB more for his unpredictability. There's enough of that already across that squad.

Hansen made a good old school decision which I hugely respect. May this continue to be a trait that sets rugby apart from all other sports. Comraderie and friendship is what makes it what it is but also discipline.

Can't dispute the logic in any of that *, but when the AB lose & esp lose when they're expected to win, logic tends to go out the window & it's gotta be someone's fault. Often more than one someone & sometimes people who weren't even there.

I don't think we're gonna get beaten by Argentina but I'm far from confident of beating SA & if we lose you can be sure there'll be people lining up to say we woulda won with Cruden out there therefore it's his fault for getting trollied & missing the flight. And they'll go on to say you can't really blame Barrett 'cos he shouldn't have been starting & wouldn't have been had Cruden not got trollied etc etc. Perfect circular argument.

* esp the bit about Hansen being right to stand him down. I don't buy into the whole role model/ won't someone think of the children bullshit but what he did was unprofessional & has to have consequences.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
And blimey, is that Retallick a monster! He even looks like one the ugly bugger. He is insanely good.

The All Blacks have not stepped up a notch since Hansen took over, they have stepped up several notches. They simply dominate.

It's so disconcerting but so beautiful at the same time.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can't dispute the logic in any of that *, but when the AB lose & esp lose when they're expected to win, logic tends to go out the window & it's gotta be someone's fault. Often more than one someone & sometimes people who weren't even there.

I don't think we're gonna get beaten by Argentina but I'm far from confident of beating SA & if we lose you can be sure there'll be people lining up to say we woulda won with Cruden out there therefore it's his fault for getting trollied & missing the flight.

* esp the bit about Hansen being right to stand him down. I don't buy into the whole role model/ won't someone think of the children bullshit but what he did was unprofessional & has to have consequences.
Yeah, I understand. Here in SA people still rant about Brussouw but the last good season I saw from him was 2010 or 2011. It's 2014 now and people still call for his inclusion based on folklore.

What I can say is that I personally believe SA only stands a chance against the All Blacks on wetter pitches despite myself believing this is one of the better bok teams in a long time. The truth of the matter is the All Blacks are just so insanely good it makes everyone else look bad.

A dryer pitch with a team that boasts greater fitness is better for the All Blacks, so as strange as it may sound I firmly believe we have a better chance of beating NZ in NZ. Your team is obviously not fazed with altitude or hostile crowds as proven over the last 3 seasons.

The statistics of the last match is staggering. Numerous offloads, 100s of running metres. Hundreds of tackles and 31 missed by us speaks volumes of how we were actually dominated. One try ans the floodgates would have opened.

I have a love-hate view on Hansen, somwtimes he comes across arrogant I think but I am probably just biased. At the same time, damn, is he doing a great job. He has every right to be arrogant.

Deep down I believe he isn't really aeeogant though.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What I can say is that I personally believe SA only stands a chance against the All Blacks on wetter pitches despite myself believing this is one of the better bok teams in a long time. The truth of the matter is the All Blacks are just so insanely good it makes everyone else look bad.

A dryer pitch with a team that boasts greater fitness is better for the All Blacks, so as strange as it may sound I firmly believe we have a better chance of beating NZ in NZ. Your team is obviously not fazed with altitude or hostile crowds as proven over the last 3 seasons.

The statistics of the last match is staggering. Numerous offloads, 100s of running metres. Hundreds of tackles and 31 missed by us speaks volumes of how we were actually dominated. One try ans the floodgates would have opened.

I strayed onto that track just prior to Wellington & found myself in @PaarlBok's crosshairs so all I'll say is that you, as a South African, might well think that but I, as a mere kiwi, couldn't possibly comment......

As a general rule, though, it's pretty clear that in the pro era altitude doesn't have the shock value it once did as it's no longer a once or twice in a career thing, but wet weather is usually still every bit the leveller it ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.