• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

All Whites into World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I felt the Red Rose of England was appropriate based on three things:

1) The NZ soccer team wear white like the Pom rugby team
2) NZ is a rugby-mad country that breaks out into a temporary lust for other sports when they're winning
3) England is a soccer-mad country that breaks out into a temporary lust for other sports when they're winning.

So well done Kiwis - beat Bahrain 1-nil to secure a spot in 2010. But unfortunately you're not projecting the manly image you should:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,26351007-5019291,00.html

New Zealand coach Ricki Herbert, a member of the 1982 side, was ecstatic.

“We're back. We're there. South Africa, here we are,'' he said after giving [goal keeper] Paston a congratulatory kiss.

No bloke called "Ricky" should ever replace the "y" with an "i". And kissing is a no-no.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Oh and its well worth watching the video at that FoxSports link just to see the newsreader take piss out of the Kiwi accent :)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
NTA said:
Oh and its well worth watching the video at that FoxSports link just to see the newsreader take piss out of the Kiwi accent :)
I'm easily amused, and that amused my greatly.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
At least the NZ poofs made it with our own poof coach. Your lot had to import a poof to coach your poofs. :lmao:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I felt it was commensurate as your remark i.e. completely fucking unrelated to anything to do with sport. Its the world game after all, innit?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah, but Australia still doesn't have a top class coach/manager yet. Neither does NZ, whose still a long way behind us.

I bet there's a few very very jealous Australian coaches about only having to play Bahrain, though.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Oh yeah, and congrats to NZ making the World Cup.

If it increases the popularity over there, you'd think they'd push for another A-League team - and be a decent chance of getting it.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
NTA said:
I felt it was commensurate as your remark i.e. completely fucking unrelated to anything to do with sport. Its the world game after all, innit?
Ah, my comment about the coaches of the sport of which we are talking is unrelated? Okay Nicki... ;)

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Your comment implying that you should be coached by someone of your own nationality in a game dominated by foreign coaches was puerile. And if you still had to compete against a South American side for a spot your chances would be much lower. You made it, and I congratulated you.

Scorz

Syd Malcolm (24)
NTA said:
Your comment implying that you should be coached by someone of your own nationality in a game dominated by foreign coaches was puerile. And if you still had to compete against a South American side for a spot your chances would be much lower. You made it, and I congratulated you.
Hey dude, chill, I wasn't serious, just a wind up. I'll apologize if we can have the easy going NTA back?

I didn't even watch the bloody game - I got up for Man U vs Liverpool a few weeks back though. Yay for their fans, but I could give a fuck about the All Whites. :baxter:

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Right. Sorry. Bad week at work.

In any case, its the ultimate irony: we bust our arse for years to get in, and you blokes just waltz right in there once we're gone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.