• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Altrad Corruption Trial

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
From a rugby perspective, France snatching the '23 World Cup is the shadiest and most unfortunate part of this imo - you have to feel for SA and Ireland.

Jersey sponsors and personnel are replaceable - the experience of a World Cup, and everything that comes with it, much less so.

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
We need to be careful that these two great supporters of our game albeit mainly in France are not tried and hang by media before being given a fair trial

I like many do not know any of the facts nor have any information to make even a casual observance on what might have transpired or is purported to have taken place.

Just to let you know this is no Gee Rob SMH scoop it has been out in the media for three weeks already.

To balance out the Gee Rob SMH article I thought I would add what Altrad and Laporte's lawyers had to say:

"Last Wednesday, Altrad’s lawyer Antoine Vey, admitted that the indictment “was much heavier than all our forecasts” but countered: “The judicial process leads us here in its flaws, its excesses, its compromises. For the one I defend, his only chance is to face real magistrates.”

He also questioned any proof of an alleged corruption pact.

“There are no text messages or e-mails that demonstrate the existence of the day when, in exchange for €180,000, the original contract mutated into a corruption pact. There is nothing.”

Further questioning the proof provided by the prosecution, Vey described the PNF’s strategy thus: “Create a prejudice and, not having the proof, ask the judges to fill in the holes with prejudices.”

Subsequently, Laporte’s lawyer, Fanny Colin, highlighted “the weakness of the investigation” and the demand for “crazy penalties”, concluding: “I appeal to your humanity. Why always tarnish everything? Laporte and Altrad are two people who get along well.”

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
George Bridge may have chosen a bad time to sign for Montpellier esp if M. Altadena finds himself in need of lots of cash in a hurry...

Tazzmania

Charlie Fox (21)
Not sure that Altrad will be short of a dollar.

Financials as at 2021:

altrad 2021.png