• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Andrew Fifita

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
NRL recruits go to the Waratahs and you think the ARU are the ones pointing them there? Ever considered they all live in Sydney already?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
NRL recruits go to the Waratahs and you think the ARU are the ones pointing them there? Ever considered they all live in Sydney already?
Other players wish to stay with the reds, and agree to terms with the reds on the reds salary but the ARU refuse to come to terms and they end up leaving. Same for all the other franchises.

If the tahs want someone, the ARU will pay whatever the tahs want so that they get them.

Money is NO issue for the tahs.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm not sure what you're saying. The fact is the ARU go into bat for these players first, they come up with the majority of the cash. Most of them would prefer the Waratahs as they live in Sydney and the ARU help the Waratahs out so they come to rugby.

T

tranquility

It doesn't bother me where he ends up, but he would be a good addition for sure. The Tahs never know how to use their additions anyway, so I wouldn't be too concerned.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Judging from the spite being thrown around on LU, I would guess that there is some truth in this story.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Cheika has said that he is after a prop and a hooker for the available contract and EPS spots; so I can't see Fifita fitting in there.

You never know though: maybe that's the reason why here has been a delay in resolving this issue because Fifita has been denying the rumours for a month now and I thought it was a furphy.

Maybe it wasn't, and the Tahs are over-egging the pudding in some areas at the expense of the front row to get a good athlete.

Makes sense until you have an injury or two, especially to a Tahs' hooker.

He wants to stay with the Cronulla Sharks but they are a basket case and his contract has expired. He likes the game but he is a family man who is after a good offer so why not go to union if the Sharks can't afford him?

It won't be at the Brumbies though - he used to be in their development squad and he said he didn't want to live there.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Judging from the spite being thrown around on LU, I would guess that there is some truth in this story.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=430547

Looks like the whole thread on LU is based on the newspaper quote, as below, from a couple days ago. Seems to be more sizzle then steak so far.

Doesn't mean he won't switch, but it may be just a way to bump up his re-signing price to RL.
  • "[McKenzie] asked me if I wanted to chase another dream pretty much and it always has been a dream of mine to play first grade rugby - I grew up playing rugby," Fifita, 24, told The Daily Telegraph.

"I've accomplished almost everything rugby league has to offer and he said, 'This is an option - don't consider it if your heart's not in it.'

"Being told by the Australian coach that you could have the opportunity to play with the Wallabies is a big rock just landing on you… several [rugby] clubs are talking saying they need a good number eight and I could fill in that position."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...gby-union-switch/story-fni3fbgz-1226804432498

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
By why not the Brumbies? He used to be in their development squad.

True. But he is also on record, before making his Origin debut last year, as saying he "loved" playing rugby and only chose league because he did not want to live in Canberra.

For whatever that's worth.

I just read the article and changed my post but you beat me to it kiap.

LG

Ah, sorry about that. Cheers. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.