• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Another black eye for boxing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
3 things.
1. Surely nobody really believes that Manny won that fight. And if so how can one of the 3 blind mice give it to him 8 rounds to 4?
2. Who the fuck is Frank Loporto? I am pretty sure his own family wouldn't have known he was fighting for the WBA Super Welterweight title today. Apparently his conqueror Austin Trout has to fight some kook from Redfern in his next fight. Most of you will know him. He has stolen every Ali, Leonard and Mayweather line from the previous 50 years. I think he might have also played Rugby League before racist selectors rubbed him out of the game.

3. Also can a moderator open a boxing thread that dumps all this stuff into it so we dont have to open a new one after every fight. For us boxing enthusiasts it would make it easier. It would make it simpler to keep up a regular dialogue about the sweet science.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gday Lily, I didnt see the whole Manny fight, only the fox sports summary so I cant really comment on whether he deserved to win or not but he certainly didnt look entirely in control during the highlights (but thats not the whole fight so like I said I cant really judge).

I have no idea who Frank or Austin are.

I'm not a moderator but I agree that we should just have all our boxing threads under one "Boxing" thread. I believe the following are the current boxing threads we have (excluding this one, & I didnt go further back than 2010):

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/forum/threads/9824-Smokin-Joe
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/forum/threads/8297-Boxing-thread
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/forum/threads/7628-Danny-Green

Scarfman already created a Boxing thread, the middle one, so I would say everything should go in there.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
The boxing thread just falls off the main page. If you want to continue posting in it, just go to page 2 and add a comment.

Haven't seen all of the fight, but not every commentator scored it for Marquez.

All the Pac v Marquez fights have been impossible to score. It depends how much you score workrate and how much you score big hits. I like the fight to go to the guy who inflcited the most punishment, not the most punches.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
2. Who the fuck is Frank Loporto? I am pretty sure his own family wouldn't have known he was fighting for the WBA Super Welterweight title today. Apparently his conqueror Austin Trout has to fight some kook from Redfern in his next fight. Most of you will know him. He has stolen every Ali, Leonard and Mayweather line from the previous 50 years. I think he might have also played Rugby League before racist selectors rubbed him out of the game.

3. Also can a moderator open a boxing thread that dumps all this stuff into it so we dont have to open a new one after every fight. For us boxing enthusiasts it would make it easier. It would make it simpler to keep up a regular dialogue about the sweet science.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
On point two Lily, Anthony Mundine wasn't 'rubbed out' by racist selectors he chose to walk out on his club and teammates mid-season due to his desire for boxing glory. As for the argument that the selectors were racist many would argue that thee were better players selected ahead of him at state (and national) level such as Daley, Fittler and Matty Johns. Mundane also had a tendency to play 'selfish' football (the greatest example of this was the 1999 grand final where a simple draw and pass would have put the game beyond Melbourne's reach.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I haven't seen the fight yet. All I remember was Danny Green raging on facebook.

I do not see how this can possibly go any other way than Juan Manuel Marquez by unanimous decision. Awesome performance by a very clever fighter. Please don't rip him off. He proved me and most people wrong. Legend.

Disgusting. Disgusting. That stinks. Paqcuiao knows he lost. Those judges are foul cheats.

That's an emotional response though. I'm sure there is much more to it. As people say above, there are people out there who agree with the judges.

V

val_b

everybody have the right to share their own opinion. as for me, i think they have to fix the schedule for fight number 4. just to end all the speculations..

Status
Not open for further replies.