• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Argentina Super Rugby Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Lot of discussion on Japan Super Rugby Team - Sunwolves - but no discussion of Argentina Super Rugby Team (Team name to be announced after RWC).

So yes they will have a hell of a lot of travel and new team etc BUT they have 22 of their national team members who have joined up and been playing together with the Pumas for some years.

Hence, there is a very real chance they could top their conference, and even win the Super Rugby competition in their first year. What would that mean? It means a push to have a second Argentina team but surely that could not happen quite so quickly adminstratively etc. Could that mean we have an Argentina Super Rugby team first Xv made up entirely of Puma's who could dominate Super Rugby for many years. Very possible I would have thought.

In contrast I suspect we could have Japan propping up the wooden spoon for the competition for many years. Big contrast. Adminstratively Argentina really got their shit together with their development squads etc.

Funny to think that apparently they were pretty much on par with Urugray in the 80's/ early 90's.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah I don't necessarily see them as being stronger than a team like the Brumbies next year, but they'll be among the strongest in the competition. I assume they'll probably rotate their squad more than other sides too.

It'll be interesting to see what they call it. They already use the Jaguars for their national A side. Maybe the Gauchos, Condors, Horneros (their national bird) or the Suns. What about the Asados! Argentina would be making a statement with that name: Our barbecues are better than yours! And they'd be right.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
A new name would be good but it's rumoured to be Los Jaguares.

Dodgy online translation:

On the basis of the confirmed roster, the rest of the details are well defined, but some are a mystery. The shirt will be made by Nike and would be inspired by the skin of a feline, while the shield would be a cougar hugging a jaguar, symbolizing the union of the first and second national team. Name? We know it will not be Pampas XV and all roads lead to Jaguares.​

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Los Saffer Fuckers - they're going to seriously wreck shit in their pool and lay waste to the other South African setup. The crumbling edifice of South African Super Rugby will deteriorate further and it will hasten the move to exit SANZAR provincial rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.