• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Article on WA Schoolboy Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Great to see charger. Mark Calverley (Wagga raised ex Brumbies DO) has been working over there for RugbyWA for the past 18months or so, do you know him?

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
A good article and worthy recognition of the WA boys and their efforts at last weeks nationals. I hope the progress of the game in WA continues.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I saw it too, Charger. Fantastic stuff and for us to have five boys in the Australian schools setup is great for the game here. The good thing too is that they are coming through club footy as much as the PSA schools. It's a long hard road to make WA a proper rugby state, but we are getting there slowly.

A

Ageing Parent

Congratulations to both the WA and VIC teams that competed at last week's matches - they showed plenty of heart, and there is undoubtedly a building process going on, following the establishment of the Force & the Rebels. Both WA & VIC competed well against the "more fancied" NSW & QLd teams, and the closeness of the scores is a good reflection of how well they competed.
If the Provinces continue to support this growth, then the other teams will have some interesting times in the years ahead !

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
I was involved with the National 16's Championships in 2004 and 2005 and both the VIC's and WA teams were very competitive. Even though they are considered minnows in terms of rugby, the quality and commitment of the young players at these tournaments was great to see.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
There was a bit of an inkling at the U/16's last year that WA might be on the rise and I think this year confirms it. From memory, the 16's team beat the NSW Country and the ACT last year.

R

Ralto

Uni under18's 2011 for me, talent, ability, and coaching - on their day - what a team.

T

tranquility

Pretty incredible really, to be so competitive so quickly. That Mosese bloke would almost be the pick of them, but he didnt even get a mention?

Status
Not open for further replies.